FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, thanks. Just because your post count will be higher than mine in a few weeks doesn't make you superior. There's nothing wrong with not talking much. Lurking's a time-honored tradition around here. Why don't you try shutting up once in awhile?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Look who's talking, you think you have a lower post count and member number than me!

[ October 15, 2004, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended by all of the posters that don’t seem to remember that this is the "taking offense" thread, not the "insult" thread.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Chad, why not take some pepto bismol for that diarrhea of the mouth you're suffering from.....wait...that's not right.....
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that no one has defended the ferret people.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm offended you didn't consider all the furries when you said "ferret people"
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

I'm offended that you would think ferret people need defending.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh great, now we get to hear all about how standing up for someone else is really just prideful, arrogant and insulting. How do you plan on serving others then? Perhaps congratulate them when they manage to survive some visicious onslaught that you could easily have battered down? Of course not, congratulations would just suggest that you're some how in a position to congratulate, and we don't want that do we? At some point you have to realize that you can help other people and do it, or you're not worth the air your wasting on breathing right now. [Mad]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm offended at your obvious fake response, proven fake through your rapid change of smilies.
CStroman
Member # 6872

Your smile offends me. Wipe that smirk off your face!
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You can kiss the largest part of my baby duck's prosterior you festering gob-stubbled strew-bit!

You're inability to reocgnize the truth just because you don't like the way it's presented just proves how unfailiably stupid you are, but hey, at least we can count on you when it comes to being a dottering fool.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm offended that you called me stupid, jerk.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended for the ducks everywhere. Why do you insult innocent creatures who can't defend themselves?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Ducks? Innocent? My baby niece was severely injured by a duck. There is nothing innocent about a duck. Nothing. She could have died.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sure. Blame all ducks everywhere for the actions of a select few. I knew you were a bigot.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Just because I hate ducks does NOT make me a bigot! I hate all fowl equally, thankyouverymuch!!! Sheesh!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Well, instead of kissing your duck...I shot and killed it...then I ate it....Colonel Style...Extra Crispy. I saved you the head though you ducking moron! You're all a bunch of ducking morons!

[ October 15, 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: CStroman ]

Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
For Christ's sake, Chad! I try to post something, and you get there before me--it's impossible to post around here! Just give it up and go be a lurker!

[ October 15, 2004, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Fyfe ]

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so fowl are the only things deserving of your hatred? I, on the other hand, am a bigot. I hate baby seals. They stink.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Watch what you say about our fine feathered friends, Fife, or you'll run afowl of my bad temper.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if you're gonna insult my fellow fowl-hater, at least spell his name right!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'm offended at your lack of spelling skills.

edit: And at Boon's tenacity to plagarize what I was about to say!

[ October 15, 2004, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't you see that he may just be alphabetically challenged?? Do you have a problem with phonetik Americans?

[ October 15, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Lost Ashes ]

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm offended on how fast this thread is making responses, I can't ever get one in on time.
beverly
Member # 6246

LA, I am higher on the food chain than you are. [Razz]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Eat my posting dust Fyfe! Have some duck! It's ducking good!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I knew you were a cannibal, bev. Now I have proof!
beverly
Member # 6246

Heh, that's assuming LA is *human*. Oh, and BTW I am higher on the food chain than you too, SM.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

The food chain is an attempt to force an artificial hierarchy on us all! Don't perpetuate the food chain. Stop eating!
MEC
Member # 2968

I'm offended that people are ignoring my posts.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Shig, that post was a disgrace to anorexics everywhere. You should be ashamed of yourself.
CStroman
Member # 6872

Did someone say something? All I see are these feeble failed attempts at putting letters together to form the simplest of terms. You can't even write the word "a".
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I made the most of my education that I could, Chad. Just because *you* can write perfect a's doesn't mean you should be such an intellectual elitist.
CStroman
Member # 6872

quote:
I made the most of my education that I could, Chad.
A preschool diploma doesn't count as making the most of it...I'm offended that you'd call me an elitist you low life.

[Evil]

[ October 15, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: CStroman ]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

[Cry]
dkw
Member # 3264

Folks, it takes no creativity at all to be offended by posts that are deliberately insulting.

Give the people posting after you a challenge by not being obviously offensive!

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
dana, I am deeply hurt that you find it necessary to moderate this fight. If anything, its Bob who should be moderating this fight. I'm affended that you would take his side simply because he is your future husband. What does this say to women everywhere who are seeking to be seen as individuals and not merely an appendage of their husband.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Chad, I can't believe you would make such a comment about a college student! Next time learn more about the person before you go making assumptions about their level of education.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
beverly, Why did you slight me by skipping over my post and going back half a dozen to respond to Chad? This is clearly against the rules and could only have been done because you don't respect my input.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

[Big Grin]

Rabbit, I'm offended that you would rub the fact that Bob is not here in my face. It's hard enough that I hardly ever get to see him and that I can't keep in contact with him during the day when he's traveling without you drawing attention to it!

[ October 15, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

dana, If you are going to moderate this thread, at least you could try to keep up with the pace and follow the rules. Nothing is more irritating to me than someone who tries to correct others but can't or won't follow the rules themselves.

[ October 15, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

dkw
Member # 3264

I'm offended that you posted that while I was editing my post, making me feel guilty about editing out the part you were responding to.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm deeply offended that you women wait until now to make yourselves known in this thread.

Where have you been? What about my needs? Don't you ever think of me? Now I've gone and broken my word, again. I'm back in this monster thread that needs constant monitoring.

It truly irks me that we're being babysat by Bob's girl. Are we not adults around here?

[ October 15, 2004, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

You're discriminating against non-adults? I'm appalled.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

It's so offensive that you refer to only part of a post. No post can be truly appreciated unless it is viewed in its entirety. We really need to adopt a more holistic view of Hatrack and world in order to rid ourselves of these petty offenses.

[ October 15, 2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

Must you take every word as indicating some form of descrimination? Perhaps we differentiate between adults and children because there are real differences and not out of some irrational prejudice.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'm offended at the tendency people on hatrack tend to have toward blatant post-whoring.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Are you insinuating that I'm a post whore? I have a lower post count to member number ration than any other active member. I've always considered myself the queen of the lurkers.
CStroman
Member # 6872

quote:
Are you insinuating that I'm a post whore?
What insinuation?

I'm offended at all you people being smarter than me.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'm offended that you'd think I'd buy that. A minute ago you were asserting your intellectual superiority!

[ October 15, 2004, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.