FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 8)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Julius Caesar
Member # 6921

- posted      Profile for Julius Caesar           Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended that you are using Latin terms when I bet you dollars to dinarii that you don;t even know what "sic" means!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you cannot use an apostrophe properly.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you would see the word sic used thus in my original post, and believe that I did not know its proper use or meaning.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, I am offended that you are ignoring me.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you mistook my failing to respond as an attempt to ignore when in actuality I was offended that you beat me to my earlier response.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that I used the phrase "in actuality" instead of the word "actually" and that no one has been offended overnight.
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
you saying I'm not someone? What if I was offended overnight?!?!?!
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended by the following people:

1. I am offended by Bob for posting two offenses in one, as if he is trying to save space or eomething, when we know he is in it for the post count.

2. I am offended by Turgan for being offended only in the conditional sense.

I am offended by the following animal:

1. Rabbit, for being here for a rousing round of offnse, and then disappearing into the night like some long-eared prey animal with soft fur.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, you have heinously derailed the intent of this thread by using it to be offended at PEOPLE, when it is clearly intended to take offense at what those people say. Plus, you sound like you're faking it. You bigot you.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, I must say I am highly offended by your contradictory list of offenses--your #1 means you should be offended by yourself. An obvious ploy to provoke a quick response (which worked.)
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Morbo,
I am highly offended by what you said, as I am unable to understand the thing about th number one.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Digging Underscore Holes,

You are correct about me being offended by people, and that offends me, because you bring up a good point. I should be using therapist "I" talk. So, let me couch my offense in these terms:

Digging Underscore Holes, when you said that about me derailing the thread, it made me feel sad, and since sadness is offensive to me, I therefore felt offended by your statement as well.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Morbo,
When you wrote that about Number One, and I did not get it, it made me feel dumb, and that offended me. Seconds later, when I did get it, but had already written a response, my offense was intendified by the decision to delete, or not, my penultimate offense.

Edit: I have offended myself by making the typo "intendified," as I was unable to remember what word I was going for, though I wrote it only moments ago.

[ October 19, 2004, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I don't understand all this talk about Number One, and it makes me feel like Number Two. And that's about as offensive as I can get.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe how easily some people are offended. What's wrong with number two. Here at the U of U were estastatic about being number 7.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The Rabbit, I am offended that you only post yur offnses when I am absent, as if you wait patiently until I am gone, and then jump in and post.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
The world does not care about your schedule. If you have a problem with Rabbit's posting times, why don't you spend all of your time on Hatrack so you'll never be away when she posts!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I am offended by the very thought that people might NOT be spending all their time on Hatrack!
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended by the fact that SOME of us have to REALLY work while some spend their lifes on Hatrack !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I am offended that Elizabeth has offended herself twice on this page alone. Give others a chance to take offense at your lapses! [No No] We want to play too. [Razz]

I am also offended that SOME of us have no work and yet cannot spend all their time here, due to library restrictions.

[ October 20, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you thought you could slip that one by me, Morbo.

I am further offended by your edit, Morbo.

[ October 20, 2004, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

I am offended at your lack of specificity re editing. Does all editing offend you, even your own?

edit: perhaps it does-- I see that you failed to correct your spelling error above even though you edited.

[ October 20, 2004, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
The pettiness of this entire thread really gets to me. I mean... an entire thread, just to get offended. How rude.

Especially you, Morbo. No reason, just because.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
How dare you say that I am petty. I can assure that each time I'm offended it is for a just and important cause. I am never offended by petty thing!
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended once again by The Rabbit's timing, as it is now time for the Red Sox game, so I cannot come back to see if she was offended by my feeling of offense.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Without taking sides, I'm just plain affronted.
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended at two things:

1. The length of the thread.

2. That it's still going strong.

Absolutely offensive!

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Good God! I've never posted here but I've just finished reading all 8 friggin' pages. WHAT THE #@^&@?? I thought you people were cool! This isn't the Hatrack I joined! You should all be ashamed of yourselves!! Look at me, LOOK AT ME! YOU'VE MADE A NEWBIE CRY!!
[Cry]

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended by your language, I am offended that you presume to judge all of us who have posted here, and I am offended by you trying to take advantage of your newbie status by crying.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh sure, to you, everyone is "taking advantage", just looking for some way to place themselves above everyone else, what was that saying, about impossing your own sins on those around you?

It fits.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
NO!!! [Cry]
Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop. Stop hurting Hatrack.

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
next person to post (me or someone else) will take offense instantly and go off on you for no apparent reason.
I am so offended when people don't follow the rules.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that this thread has lasted this long.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

That does it. I'm offended at you, ElJay, for not catching my subtle yet clever approach to the rule! Why don't you go ahead and post another meaningless quote so we can all ignore it.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Whereas I'm offended at your insinuation that I didn't "get" your little post. A girl's gotta find something to be offended by, after all.

[ October 20, 2004, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Oh yeah? Well I'm offended nobody mentioned my homage to Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire!

(Jeez, this is really hard to keep up!)

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Stewart!? That man is extremely offensive, and so are YOU if you have remotely anything whatsoever to do with listening to, watching, or paying attention to anything he does. Sheesh. I'm offended.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, I'm offended that someone with such a cool screen name, after one of the greatest book series ever, would stoop to posting an offensive post about someone as inane and insignificant as Jon Stewart. For the love, go use your name for good, not evil. Your pettiness is offensive to me.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Belle, the fact that you can still be awake at midnight when you have children is offesive to me.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Elizabeth, did you ever stop to think that maybe Belle set her alarm specifically to wake up and post in this thread? Or that she's got kids who might have kept her awake until midnight? No! Offended on Belle's behalf is me.
Turgan
Member # 6697

What, bob, you're too GOOD to say 'I am offended on Belle's behalf"? You have to say "Offended on Belle's behalf is me"? What are you, british?
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Turgan, I am offended on Great Britain's behalf. Are you saying that all British people would rather end sentences with "is me" than starting them with "I am"? Where did you get such an impression? Explain yourself?
Turgan
Member # 6697

obviously, you must be british. how dare you say "I am" instead of "Is Me"
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

I must be what? This game isn't fun anymore. You crossed the line, dude. I'm so offended I can't... I can't...
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Defenestraitor you think you're offended? *manically laughs head off*

I'm hurt beyond belief and take it wayyyy personally that this topic has made it where it has.

I'm offended that no one's given me any credit at all for my blatant post whoring earlier in this topic.

What's the matter with you ingrates? It's so, so very offensive to me that you don't care at all about that.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

you calling me a Whore, Tammy?
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course I'm not calling you a whore. Do you think you're sly or something? Turgan why would you even put those two words together in one sentence? Whore & Tammy

Do you think I'm a complete idiot? I'm fluent in read-between-the-linease you know.

*glares with deep set offended eyes*

edited spelling

[ October 21, 2004, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Why are you glaring? I think that's a clear violation of the spirit if not letter of the forum contract.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended again, Rabbit, by the fact that, here you are, two minutes before me, but now I have to get Chinese food.

Harrumph.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended by the harumphing attitude of some people on this board.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.