FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 9)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I take offense at the number 400.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You just took offense at the Number 400 because you were a big chicken, too afraid of how offended I would be by your offense at my harrumphing attitude, which you tried to pretend was "some people's," even though we all know you meant me.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not offended at all. I think you're all swell. Hugs all around! [Group Hug]

*runs away, cackling wildly*

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, brother. You cannot get more offensive than that freakin' hug smiley.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
is digging_holes your brother or something? Why are you calling digging_holes brother if digging_holes isn't your brother, Elizabeth? You holding some kind of conspiracy or something?
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am so offended that you assume D_H is NOT my brother! How do you know he isn't?!

[ October 22, 2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Because I say so. I'm not your brother. I'm offended that you try to pass yourself off as my sister.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_hoIes
Member # 6963

- posted      Profile for digging_hoIes   Email digging_hoIes         Edit/Delete Post 
I, on the other hand, AM your brother.
Posts: 109 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Sneaksy, tricksy!
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, yeah, well if you are so my brother, then how come you don't know I'm YOUR brother? How offensive, to be called a sister when I just might be a brother.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that I'm not my brother's keeper.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you have not ever mentioned your brother. I am offended, just in case, that you don't even HAVE a brother.

(gets into offense-ready position)

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm affended that you are not my brother's keeper. Why should I have to keep him when you could do it just as easily?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you were not offended by me, The Rabbit.
digging_holes
Member # 6237

I'm offended that you think any brother of mine would be called Elizabeth.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that you have a problem with the name Elizabeth as applied to brothers of yours.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offnded that you cannot be your own brother's keeper, yet seem to want to keep the brothers of others.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that you mistook my egalitarian views regarding the gender-neutrality of the name Elizabeth to mean that I wanted to keep other people's brothers. I most certainly do not! Even if they are Elizabethan.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"regarding the gender-neutrality of the name Elizabeth"

I am deeply offended by the fact that this phrase made me laugh out loud, and momentarily erased any offense I may otherwise have taken.

[ October 23, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Well I don't know how you could have LAUGHED about something so serious! Some people can't stay focused on the issue at hand, and that offends me.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended, Narnia, because you used the word "issue," and I immediately thought you were trying to make a nose pun in this offense thread. So, I am offended by my perceived offense, even though it was my mistake.

[ October 23, 2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Turgan
Member # 6697

how DARE you not spell "though" right, Elizabeth. What, are you Dislexic?
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

How dare you be offended by something so easily edited out, thereby rendering your point moot, Turgan!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Editing! You edited your post! How offensive. This is simply not done!

[ October 23, 2004, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob: I'm offended by your obvious attempt to make the next poster take offense at your blatant display of hypocrisy. Well I refuse to be offended by your hypocrisy. I'm just offended at your maniplative behavior.
Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Um, Defenestraitor? Feelings of defense are not DECIDED upon, they just happen naturally and offensively. How offended I feel right now by your choice to be offended!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that this thread even DARED to make it to the second page! How dare you, "I take offense" thread!?!?!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that you are so offended given that you are personally responsible for at least 3 pages worth of posts here!

The very idea!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you could not understand that I meant the second pag of the FORUM, Bob, not intra thread. How rude!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

gggggrrrrrrr...It's as if I have to do all the talking AND all the listening! How can you so deliberately misconstrue my opinion at every turn!??!! It was merely my intent to show that you are a willing contributor to your own offense!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh my goodness! Now you are blatantly lying, trying to cover up your page reference, and I have HAD it. I am too offended to even BE offended, and am walking away now with my nose in the air.

OUCH! Now I have tripped and fallen, and it is YOUR fault, Bob, and yours alone!

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am further offended by the fact that every time I see your name, I think: "That name is on a package that is now all ready to go into the mail, yet which continues to sit on my desk." How offensive to make me feel so guilty, as if I am a procrastinator or something.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I am just nonplussed. I mean, really, how could it possibly be my fault that you've broken your oh-so-out-of-joint nose when it was you who not only stuck it up in the air, but then proceded to walk with it in that position? Unbelieveable! I'll help you clean up the blood, though. Shall we try to put it back in?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Did I say there was blood? Did I? Nowhere in my post did I mention blood. Why must you assume that pain be accompanied by blood loss? I am offended for all nonbloody injuries.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Now I'm wounded! You made so much of your supposed injury that I merely assumed it must've been of some consequence. Now I find all your maladies are internal!
Turgan
Member # 6697

OOOH! So you try to make your post ironic by saying you're wounded when in fact you aren't at all.
Very clever, you dummy.

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that Turgan didn't even say he was offended in the above post. It's offensive to me that someone would so disregard the rules of the thread Bob so kindly started for us.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you thought Bob had kindness in his heart when he started this thread. He was very offended, and offensive.
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
You know it really annoys me that people keep saying "I'm offended by" at the beginning of every sentence. It takes away from the game. Where are these rules you're talking about Belle, or are you just making them up?
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

I totally agree with you, Jebus.. however you said the very words that you say you don't like.
And i think I'm gonna press charges because of it.

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, well, way to jump on jebus' bandwagon!! Jeez, some people can't even have their own opinions, and that's just so offensive.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
What is it with you people? Can you not wait for me to return to post?

I'm busy for a few days and you soooo take advantage of it don't you!

Naria couldn't you wait until I posted? Can't I ever be first at something?

*feels so taken for granted and ignored*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hmm...did you hear that buzzing sound? It almost sounded like an offensive kind of "raspberry" noise or something. Oh! Hi Tammy! Your post was very offense-laden.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Offense-laden? I am so offended that that meade me think of Osama bin Laden. How could you do that to me??
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended by your obvious over-use of free association. I want your associations caged immediately!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You will have to catch my free associations, first, and what even makes you think you would be able to? It is offensive just imagining you running after my images.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

What on God's Green Earth makes you think it should be my responsibility to run after your associations. They're yours! You deal with them!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

You said you wanted them caged! I want them free! You are both offensive AND oppressive!

! (for good measure)

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

And another thing. Who said that God's earth is green? Or God's? Do you think people in the Sahara Desert think the earth is green, huh?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, look,people worrying about what other people think. You should stick your own business, Elizabeth [Taunt]

[ October 26, 2004, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.