FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wake up with the King

Author Topic: Wake up with the King
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Wake up with the King
This has got to be one of the creepiest commercials I've ever seen.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree. Very creepy. [Eek!]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird-ass commercial..
PLUS WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BUY THAT! It has <i>eggs</i> in it! Psuedoeggs! I hate real eggs, let along fake ones.
I bet that thing would clog your arteries with one bite.
*ponders getting a job in advertising*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Eggs are YUMMY!

An egg and cheese croissanwich from Burger King is my favorite fast food breakfast. Yum yum yum. [Smile]

Egg good.

But yes, CREEPY commercial. I do think it's kinda neat, though. Creepy neat.

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I find these commercials quite humorous, while the McDonnald's just annoy the heck out of me.

quote:
when America thinks about fast food breakfasts, it overwhelmingly thinks of McDonald's
Not true for me, the only thing McDonald's has right about breakfast are the platters, their sandwhiches suck.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
It IS creepy. How about something happy and gay like "Wake up with the Queen"?

Edit to add: I really wanted to post a link to get Burger King on their way but most of the images I found weren't suitable for this forum. This was the best I could do and still stay within the bounds of decorum.

[ October 18, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
WAKE UP WITH Queen... [ROFL]
"The Queen" [Laugh]
I used to like McDonald's sausage things....
But, now I wouldn't go near them.
At least that ad is less annoying that that stupid chicken ad. I liked the way the guy says, "Meat and cheese and egg, meat and cheese."
It makes me laugh for some reason.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I don't find that commercial creepy. It strikes me as a commercial trying very hard to be creepy, and failing because of its obviousness. When I saw it I just thought "yeah--nice try there."
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Jake, you don't find waking up with a man wearing a giant plastic king mask to be weird?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
These are my favorite commercials on tv right now. Sorry, but I think they're hilarious. The best one is when they're laughing together and the King puts his hand on the guy's leg and the guy covers it with his own. Then they both stop laughing and look away.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
The Sausage McMuffin with Egg is as close to perfection as fast-food breakfast has ever come. I love the Sausage McMuffin with Egg. And it loves me.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I like McDonalds breakfast bagels, but I make them better. I choose not to drip grease all over them when I make them.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I have threatened to wake Bill up dressed in that outfit. He found that creepy.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure when Bill suggested you 'dress up' in bed, that is NOT what he had in mind! [Angst]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I don't know, Tick. He married celia. You don't marry weird without becoming weird yourself.
TheTick
Member # 2883

Hmm, you make a valid point.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Jake, you don't find waking up with a man wearing a giant plastic king mask to be weird?
Pfft. Happens all the time.

Seriously though, it seems more like an idea that a group of marketing guys came up with when they were brainstorming for "something weird" that would appeal to "kids today" than it does a piece of inspired wierdness, like the Quiznos things from rathergood.com. Just my opinion of course; I could be just not "getting it".

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I thought of the Quiznos commercials when I thought of this. I think they were weird, but not creepy. But that could be because I had seen them before at rathergood, and, therefore, thought of myself as being "in the know".

Maybe there's a website out there that features people in strange costumes wearing giant plastic heads crawling into people's beds. If I find it, maybe I won't think these commercials are so creepy anymore.

celia60
Member # 2039

quote:
Pfft. Happens all the time.

Oh, that was you? Huh.

quote:
Maybe there's a website out there that features people in strange costumes wearing giant plastic heads crawling into people's beds
Um. I think linking would be a bannable offense. Sorry.

[ October 18, 2004, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Oh, that was you? Huh.
At least in the commercials, the person in the mask isn't straddling the guy, holding an empty hypodermic in one hand and a radish in the other, in the few moments between waking up and slipping into unconsciousness.
celia60
Member # 2039

hey, you got scrambled eggs in the morning.
TheTick
Member # 2883

quote:
Maybe there's a website out there that features people in strange costumes wearing giant plastic heads crawling into people's beds
I don't know about that, but there is that episode of CSI with all getting their freak on in giant animal costumes.
Noemon
Member # 1115

There is that--they were good eggs.
zgator
Member # 3833

celia at least uses real eggs.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
A) Eggs are yummy. Chili omelets are yummier. Though simple scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese makes for an excellent quick supper.

B) I love that commercial. The first ten times I saw it, I was nearly rolling around on the floor from laughter. It's just so absurd that it's hilarious.

Has anyone else noticed a rash of funny commercials? My favourites are the Miller ones with the refs calling "penalties." "Intentional acoustic romanticism on Tim (?). Girls: not buying it; tent invitation: declined. Play beer!"

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
celia at least uses real eggs
Human eggs, of course, but real nonetheless.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it wrong that I'm hungry now?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Yes, Katie. ::disapproving look::

[Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That commercial isn't nearly as creepy as the Tampax one where the teacher calls the girl up who was passing a tampon to her friend and says, "Well, I hope you have enough to share with the class". *shudders*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

[Laugh] THAT COMMERCIAL!
It was funny. Then she went, "With the girls."
I cracked up!
Or the one with the boyfriend and he takes the tampon and he's shaking it and she's just like [Eek!]
*Cracking up*

celia60
Member # 2039

I really miss the outpost commercial with the hamster cannon.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.