FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Audition

Author Topic: Audition
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I would share some good news.

As some of you know I had an audition for music school last Friday. I was really nervous and stressed out, but somehow I pulled it off. They want me to come to their school, and they want to give me money. I am happy! [Smile]

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vv009vV
Member # 2568

- posted      Profile for Vv009vV   Email Vv009vV         Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations on your fame and success
Posts: 92 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!!!!!! [Cool]
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Which school???

{edit to add CONGRATULATIONS!! I promise I'm not insensitive, I'm just curious about the school...cause I might have some questions for you later...}

Way to Go!! [Big Grin]

[ October 25, 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yaaaay Allegra!

[The Wave]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!!!! Congrats!!!!! [Hail] [Party]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
::applauds::
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

Valdosta State University in Georgia. It is a small state school with a decent music program. The draw for me is the bass teacher. He is an awesome teacher. I have worked with both him and his wife for the past 3.5 years. They are great people, great bass players, and great teachers. I have to offically apply to the school before they can offer my money, but apparently as soon as I left the room they started talking about how they could get me money.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Georgia is far away, but YAY!!!!!!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

Narnia: I am also applying to Bulter University in Indianapolis, Indiana, and Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. My top choice is Valdosta for now. The teacher at Butler is my teacher for this year, but I don't think I want to play the way he wants me to play.(The teachers that I spoke of before moved this summer) IU is a great place with an awesome music school, but with 50 some other bass players, I wouldn't get much attention.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! That's really great. [Big Grin]

[edit] just saw your above post.

I think that you're right about IU. It's really great that you've found a smaller school with a good program and a good teacher. That's the best way to go. I'm in the market for a good Master's program in voice and/or conducting, so I totally know what you mean.[/edit]

[ October 25, 2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto what Narnia said. Congrats, Allegra! [Smile]

Narnia, I'm also looking for good voice programs... I did an audition at DePauw University last summer, and I think it went really well. Do you know anything about the music program there?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!! Congratulations! [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
You're living my dreams! What an opportunity!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Allegra!

[The Wave]

That is GREAT!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't on all day yesterday, so I missed this til now...CONGRATULATIONS! That's terrific! [Smile] [Smile]

[The Wave]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.