FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » No Half-life 2 in Australia and parts of Europe?

Author Topic: No Half-life 2 in Australia and parts of Europe?
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/34224

Since I know there are jatraqueros here from all over the world, particularly Australia ...

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Well that'll stem the rising tide of piracy.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's moronic.

That aside, who has the machine to run the damn thing anyways?

Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
This is an excellent example of why Australia's nationwide censorship policy is damned foolish.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
So if they don't get a rating they can't be released at all?

That is weird.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds sort of similar to the US's Adult Only rating. Titles rated this - and very few have been rated this - can be sold legally, but practically any store I can think of aren't willing to carry them.

But, judging from the screenshots (and not much else...), I don't think HL2 is deserving of that, or an equivalent, rating.

By the way, out of curiosity, what are the GTA games rated in Australia?

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I weep for them.

Chaeron - Just received my new video card Fed-Ex. I now have the machine. Thank you and goodnight.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

Ralphie: Grrrrrrr.

I need that video card. Perhaps we can arrange some kind of exchange?

Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is an excellent example of why Australia's nationwide censorship policy is damned foolish
Tom - do you mean the censorship laws are silly in themselves, or they are silly partly because they are national?

If it is the latter then keep in mind that our federal-state relations (and legislative powers) work very differently to the US.

Nb - after reading the article, I should also state that our 'R' movie rating is a LOT more explicit than the US movie R rating (if the movie ratings are in any way comparable to game ratings [Smile] ) A lot of movies that are R in the US are MA or MA15+ here.

[ October 30, 2004, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Tom - do you mean the censorship laws are silly in themselves, or they are silly partly because they are national?"

Yes.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Chaeron - Oh, I don't know.

For a Radeon 9800, you'd have to be my intergalactic love slave long past when your looks will hold. Can you make up limericks on the fly?

I love limericks.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

Limericks I would have to practice. But I can improvise cruelly bad Haiku.

Sing a song, now dance,
Don't make me beat you again,
I really like cheese.

[ October 30, 2004, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Chaeron ]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Okay, that's hot.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.