FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I love South Park

Author Topic: I love South Park
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone catch the season premeire?

"I just don't really feel like voting. I mean, I have to vote for either a giant douche or a turd sandwich."

"Giant Douche, some parents think its a bit too hasty to have a Giant Douche as school mascot. What would you say to them?"
"Well, first let me thank you for hosting this, and let me also thank the audience for being here... To them I would like to point out that my opponant is a Turd Sandwich. Really! Do you want a Turd Sandwich as your mascot?"
Turd Sandwich:"You're a turd Sandwich."
Giant Douche: No... you are a turd sandwich."
TS: "You're a turd sandwich."
GD: "No, really. You ARE a turd sandwich."

"Ok, next question... ***some random question*** "
TS: ::blank stare:: You know something? My opponant is so dumb, that I bet if you asked him that, he wouldn't have an answer.

Hehe, love it.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
"Voter or Die Mutherfxxxxxs" So funny
[ROFL]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
There was so much to love about that episode.

I especially liked what they did with PETA.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
"What does vote or die mean, anyway?"

*sound of 3 guns being cocked*

"What do you think it means?"

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
What has always bothered me about the show...and to an even greater extent the recent film Team America--is that Matt Stone and Trey Parker are the embodiment of the slacker attitude of the 90s and gear all their "messages" to that crowd; basically, that everything is stupid and worth making fun of. The thing is, they do this without ever stating their own opinions about matters. So their "satire" is pretty gutless as it is blind as to who it attacks--give me a conservative show mocking leftist ideas or vice versa than that crap.

I mean, if you saw Team America you'd be amazed at how the film negates what it's saying while its saying it. Is terrorism a real valid threat America should be combating as seriously as possible? According to the film, probably yes--but then why is Team America so goofy and so stereotypically gun-ho if their cause is just and there is a valid threat from terrorists? Furthermore, why mock actors who take political issues seriously? Isn't that more commendable than just not taking anything seriously and mocking everything?

I despise these guys so much!

(but their movie of South Park was brilliant)

I've spoken.

I'm out.

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The thing is, they do this without ever stating their own opinions about matters.
To some people, myself included, that's the appeal. I like it better when people make fun of what's actually stupid rather than just making fun of their enemies. When they do the latter, they just come off as arrogant to me.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch
Member # 6317

- posted      Profile for FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch   Email FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I saw the season premier of South Park...once...twice...three times. I'm getting a little tired of it, but my fiancee and my room-mate insist on watching it every time it comes on. It was funny the first time, and somewhat funny the second for the parts that I missed, but after that, I was just tired of it.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.