FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Election - The lighter side

Author Topic: Election - The lighter side
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Use this thread to post humor regarding the election. Here's my lame attempts:

In Florida there's still some controversy. The same people who voted for Buchanan 4 years ago, again voted for him even though he wasn't on the ballot this time.

In Oklahoma a chipmunk made the power go out in some areas where voters had to vote in the dark. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but Al Jazeera has obtained a video purporting to be of the Chipmunk (sporting a turban) in which he/she claims that due to Acorn shortages, he/she would make Okies at the polls feel the same "darkness" that he/she feels having to live in the hollow of a tree.

Etc. Etc.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I would make the old joke, "Due to unprecedented levels of voter turnout, it's anticipated that polling places will be filled beyond capacity. Therefore Republicans should show up on Tuesday, November 2nd, and Democrats are encouraged to show up Wednesday, November 3rd." But it's kind of too late for that one, so I won't bother.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

C'mon! More humor please. The Vitrol is at an all time high and needs to be broken by some laughter. Mine stinks so someone with more humor please step in and make us smile.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melponome
Member # 6987

- posted      Profile for Melponome   Email Melponome         Edit/Delete Post 
The "youth" vote has come out in droves TODAY, and....huh!?! AW, DOOOOOODE! (HA! NOW **I** AM THE LAMEST!!! heeheheheee) [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

"Dude! Where's my vote!?"

Droves of College Students felt disenfranchised Tuesday at various universities. When they got to the point to punch the ballot, they found that Michael Moore was missing as a candidate.

"That is teh suxors!" replied one student.

"Why did he come and campaign at my school if he wasn't even on the ballot!" complained another.

"Um...will I still get my free underwear? I'm not wearing any and it's cold out here" one Dude said.

"I think it's all a big Republican Conspiracy to keep Michael Moore off the ballot!" screamed another.

Michael Moore couldn't be reached for comment, he was just waking up out of a long "dream"....or was it?

Sean
Member # 689

- posted      Profile for Sean   Email Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was cute.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
"The Vitrol is at an all time high and needs to be broken by some laughter."

You do realise you are largely responsible for this, right?

Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melponome
Member # 6987

So "W" puts in a call to Theresa Heinz-Kerry: "You're right!!! John IS fun to whip!" [Laugh]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Chaeron...I'm missing what's funny about your post. Enlighten me. [Wink]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You do realise you are largely responsible for this, right?
This is so not true. While I don't thnk Chad has done anything to lower the vitriol level today, he's by no means "largely responsible" for it.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash] Oh, God, Mel, that is going to take years to get out of my head...
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry wasn't good for The Daily Show anyways.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Droves of College Students felt disenfranchised Tuesday at various universities. When they got to the point to punch the ballot, they found that Michael Moore was missing as a candidate.
Har har? Is it just me, or are all of these jokes partisan, and somewhat vitriolic themselves?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

I hope not. I was just referring to the Michael Moore "bribery" vote thing, which was stupid (on the part of the republicans I might add).

Sorry if it came out as vitrol, I didn't mean it.

On a lighter side:

Bush is comming out with a new book:

"Bushisms: My Third...er Second Perm"

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't heard about that. I assumed it was making fun of dumb college students, of which, admittedly, there are many. [Smile]

What about bribery, now?

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I find this hilarious, but be warned. It's vitriolic. Don't complain if you go there and are offended.

http://mash.best.vwh.net/rathercide.jpg

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Ralph Nader was reported to have found a new home on TV. He is going to be the host of the next season of "The Big Loser".

His idea is to take the show "Backwards into the future".

(President Bush is expected to sue Nader regarding his attempted Hijacking usage of Bushisms)

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bush is comming out with a new book:

"Bushisms: My Third...er Second Perm"

Heaven knows why Bush would want a perm. His hair looks perfectly presidential right now.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melponome
Member # 6987

Hehehehhheeee He's also "willing to reach out to those who agree with him."

Nice to see he's starting with the right foot in his mouth. [Big Grin]

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
[spelling nazi]

The word is vitriol.

Note the second i.

Thank you.

[/spelling nazi]

[ November 05, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't vitriol one of those Impotence medicines I keep seeing ads for?
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.