FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ack! Someone please help me with your wisdom.

Author Topic: Ack! Someone please help me with your wisdom.
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm looking for the cheapest way to make trips to Cincinnati (or Columbus) and back from Cleveland. Greyhound seems to be $71, which is extremely steep. As for Student Advantage discount, I plan to get a Student Advantage card soon. I just have no idea how to go about searching for a trasnportation line that will go to Cincinnati or Columbus and back and doesn't cost a fortune like greyhound. There has to be something. It only costs my friend $42 roundtrip to go to Pittsburg and back from Cleveland.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-CM

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
$71 round trip isn't a fortune, that's small potatoes.

And greyhound has no serious competitors, best secondary bet would be either amtrak if they have a route that goes that way or a dedicated shuttle (there are sometimes such between airports, for instance).

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't the trip from Cleveland to Columbus only $32.40 online? (it's an e-saver... you have to buy it online)

[ November 05, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Jaiden's right. Though apparently it'll go up to around $40 when their special discount ends.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Jaiden, is the fare for round-trip or one-way? (I wonder if that's why he quotes $72?)

I found Amtrak online at $22.50 one-way. I like the train because you can move around better -- sit in the snack bar or sightseer car. In a bus, you are stuck.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
round trip [Smile]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
The $72 was for Cincinnati, which ultimately is my destination. I'd just rather not make my girlfriend drive 1 1/2 hours to pick me up and drop me off.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you know, walking is free. And good for you, too.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.