FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Battle of the M&M varieties (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Battle of the M&M varieties
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm voting for Canadian Smarties. They're grossly under-represented.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll add a vote for caramel.

They were developed for the Hispanic market and called "dulce de leche." They were discontinued sometime in 2002.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KathrynHJanitor
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for KathrynHJanitor   Email KathrynHJanitor         Edit/Delete Post 
You are ALL wrong.

The best M&Ms were the mint ones that were tested in Canada probably twenty years ago. They were light years ahead of the mint ones we have today during December, because the mint wasn't as overpowering. Alas, the Canadians didn't buy them the way they should have bought them, so they never made it to the United States.

Bummer.

KHK

Posts: 92 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

Were those a "Canada only" product? I remember some 20 years ago having M&M's "Royals" that were colored two different shades of green, if I recall. They were delicious.

As you say, the mint was not as overpowering as the Holiday ones we get now.

I wonder if they were the same or something else. They disappeared from the market before I could buy a second bag.

[Cry]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
- Plain - 10 + 2 Shreak ones
- Crispy - 4 + 5aks
- Peanut Butter - 8
- Peanut - 13
- Almond - 7
- m&m minis - 1
- handful of each and every kind mixed together - 1
- mint flavored holiday ones! - 5
- caramel - 2
=========================================
Misinformed Voters:
- Canadian Smarties - 2
- the mint ones that were tested in Canada probably twenty years ago - 1

And it looks like Peanut wins the final tally. Unless more people vote, of course.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say that I ate a small bag of M&Ms today - the first time since this vote.

For some strange reason, thinking of the blue M&Ms as "smurf poop" actually made it easier to eat them with my eyes open.

(Yes, I know, I need professional help.)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, but issues with smurf poop have little to do with it. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Were those a "Canada only" product? I remember some 20 years ago having M&M's "Royals" that were colored two different shades of green, if I recall. They were delicious.
Wow, I didn't think Royals were that long gone! I should ask my dad about the colors, he was addicted to the things more than I was. I seem to recall them being around for a couple years - just long enough to get us well and truly hooked - before vanishing. About 3 years later was when we first saw the holiday mint ones at Easter and then again at Christmas. Now I only see them at Christmas.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Peanuts, dag nab it! What's wrong with you people!?

[Hat]
I tip my hat to you, kaioshin, for showing me this website.
Ahah, how corny I am.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Aye, you made it Tater. You're sow not corny.

Updated Tally:

- Plain - 10 + 2 Shreak ones
- Crispy - 4 + 5aks
- Peanut Butter - 8
- Peanut - 14
- Almond - 7
- m&m minis - 1
- handful of each and every kind mixed together - 1
- mint flavored holiday ones! - 5
- caramel - 2
=========================================
Misinformed Voters:
- Canadian Smarties - 2
- the mint ones that were tested in Canada probably twenty years ago - 1

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

Aha! In your face--everyone who did not vote Peanut.
Victory will be mine!

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
*checks vote*

Yeah, I voted for peanut.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I saw plain and peanut shrek ones at the store today.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Alright. I now proclaim Peanut the final winner of President of peanuts. His #2 is Vice President Plain.

And Crispy, by far the best M&M variety, is .... king!! [Embarrassed]

Tater
Member # 7035

Ahh, I WIN! [Party]

King!? King!? You're such a sore loser [Roll Eyes]
(emphasis on loser) [Evil Laugh]

MEC
Member # 2968

Le roi est stupide.

No king, no king, la-la-la-la-la-la.

Down with the king!

BunnV
Member # 6816

- posted      Profile for BunnV   Email BunnV         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No king, no king, la-la-la-la-la-la.

That movie rocks! So does Peanut M&M's.

[Smile]

Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm drawn to a tribunal of M&Ms -- peanut, plain, and crispy. Maybe one of them will get stabbed in the back and leak chocolate sauce.

Yum. Tribunal, definitely. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

et tu, crispy?
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, I had no idea that there were so many different kinds of m&m's [Dont Know]
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.