FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Funny Band Names (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Funny Band Names
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
My old band from high school's name: 7 Tables 4 One

My new band in college's name: Catharsis

Frankly I think the name Catharsis is awesome, and I'm not just saying that because I was the one out of us who thought it up. It's a name that commands a lot of respect, and it's perfect for a band name, considering it means "the purging of emotion, usually fear and sadness"

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised no one mentioned it.
My home town band homies....

THE BUTTHOLE SURFERS.

and you can't forget.. the band called simply

WE SUCK
1000 raging homos

Then, my personal favorite
DON'T BUY OUR CD

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I did mention Butthole Surfers, Turgan, and am offended that you did not notice! (oops, wrong thread again)
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny Bunnies!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Catharsis is also the name of a fiddle tune by Amy Cann, on Natalie McMaster's "No Boundaries" album.

It's an awesome tune.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
British Sea Power is my favourite cleverfunny band name, though maybe it's the title of their first album that really makes it (The Decline of British Sea Power).
Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
sorry, Elizabeth... i read certain posts and skimmed the rest...
heh...
But i'm still cooler than you.
so HA!

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.