FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which should I be more insulted at?

Author Topic: Which should I be more insulted at?
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a closeted gay guy. On Friday, three different people asked me if I was gay.

I am insulted. I mean, not only does this malign my skills as an actor, but none of them had the consideration to follow their suspicions by setting me up with a cute guy.

*mopes* Ah, oh well.

[ November 07, 2004, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Joldo ]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo. You're an actor! That's so cool.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can tell you that in this thread, you're not hiding it very well. Maybe that's why...
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
errrm... theatrical / gay , there's a difference?
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

Ouch. Now that was cruel.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Which?
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

All of it.
Bean Counter
Member # 6001

- posted      Profile for Bean Counter           Edit/Delete Post 
A question!

This may be the right place to place this thought, rather then start a thread...

What about the men who have been gender altered into women, and then have married. Are these gay marriages that society recognizes? or is the gender of the beneficiary of a sex change Legally changed as well?

I ask out of curiosity not out of any malice, anybody know?

BC

PS sorry you were so obvious, perhaps it was unconcious anger at the election making you want to blow your cover.

Tell me about your mother...

Posts: 1249 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey now. There's lots of us straight guys in the theater.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was sarcasm, that his occupation is "actor." Heh. [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

I am a high school actor, a total amateur.

But I believe our government recognizes gender by genitals. At least, that's how they decide which prison you go to.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Greetings gay brother! [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
...and I think the fact that they didn't try to hook you up. [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... so does this mean that our chat session meant NOTHING to you?!

[Cry]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

They use you up and then just throw you away...
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Joldo as he joins the "alternative-lifestyle" hatrackers' clique (it's automatic!).

What city do you live in? I apologize that I don't know enough gay boys in all the cities of the US, but I'll keep an eye out for you. [Smile]

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But I believe our government recognizes gender by genitals. At least, that's how they decide which prison you go to.
According the almighty authority of Law & Order [Razz] , it's based on the genitals you have- not necessarily what you were born with. So if a guy gets a sex change, he can go to a women's prison.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought there weren't any convincing arguments for sex change.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if that's what insulting is, I suppose I should feel insulted, too. I'm a very open heterosexual, and nobody's had the decency to hook me up with a hot chick.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
People seldom hook me up with chicks or guys...
Or at least people I know from college never do.
*sulk*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

quote:
According the almighty authority of Law & Order
Yep, that's where I got my information too. [Big Grin]

Right now I live around Detroit, but moving to Georgia.

[ November 08, 2004, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Joldo ]

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand Atlanta has a great community Joldo. Maybe you won't have to be closeted there =)

Good luck!

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
BC, actually, it depends on the state. Some take your gender at birth as the answer, others take your current gender. Which is how, in at least one "Red" state, there is a lesbian couple who are married according to the law (the guy was literally a lesbian trapped in a man's body).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cheers Joldo as he joins the "alternative-lifestyle" hatrackers' clique (it's automatic!).

Ooh ooh, do I get to be in it too?? *bounces excitedly* Who else is in it?
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Yey Stray!

I don't want to 'out' anyone who doesn't want to be, but the clearly out ones are Karl, Karl, and Syn. Oh, and you and me [Smile]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

quote:
the clearly out ones are Karl, Karl, and Syn
[Confused]
Do you mean Karl, Telp, and Syn? Yeah, those three I figured out for myself. Oh, and for the record, I'm actually not queer (not very much, anyway), but I am polyamorous, and I assumed that would fall under the "alternative lifestyle" umbrella.

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

yeah I figured that's what you meant. It's okay, I seem to be finding myself in something analogous to poly, myself. And I'm bi. Wooh.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

*dances around*

*invites others to be radical and alternative*

Stray
Member # 4056

C'mon, there's gotta be a few more freaks lurking around here! Come out, come out wherever you are! We won't bite...unless you ask nicely! [Wink]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
Right now I live around Detroit, but moving to Georgia.
No way! So do I! Allen Park, Downriver...
[Smile]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Wait... WHY are you moving to Georgia??
[Eek!]

edit: ahhh.. must be where your new college will be...

[ November 08, 2004, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Joldo
Member # 6991

I'm not headed for college exactly yet . . . it's a job transfer on my dad's part.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.