FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Leaving (now back!) Now with incredibly cute Thomas pictures!

Author Topic: Leaving (now back!) Now with incredibly cute Thomas pictures!
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Made you look! I'm leaving for Virginia tomorrow, can't wait! Thomas will get to meet his extended family that he's never seen. [Smile]

[ November 15, 2004, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, if you're within 150 miles of Fredericksburg, and you DON'T visit Carl's Frozen Custard. . . you die.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I'll be in Virginia Beach, and I'm planning on a stop at Uncle Harry's Cones and Cream. [Razz]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going to find him and kill him, Scott? Because that would kind of ruin your whole "not meeting people" thing. Or is it just some law of nature or something?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

If two Jatraqueros meet, and only one lives, does it really constitute meeting them?
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great trip, and take lots of pics of Thomas with the family.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

That's a guarantee! [Big Grin]
Johnny Lee Wombat
Member # 7021

- posted      Profile for Johnny Lee Wombat   Email Johnny Lee Wombat         Edit/Delete Post 
Saxon, it sounds like a law of nature.

Of course, even those people thousands of miles away from Carl's Frozen Custard will die, so, you know, apparently the CFC Law has a lot wider radius than Scott gives it credit for.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Good point. I wonder if there is some critical distance from Carl's Frozen Custard beyond which people stop dying.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going by plane? Make sure he has something yummy to suck for take-off & landing for equalizing ear pressures.

Have fun! [Wave]

[ November 11, 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

He will, and we will. [Big Grin] This isn't his first plane trip, but he is a lot more mobile for this one, so I'm more worried about him not wanting to be corralled for that long.
Johnny Lee Wombat
Member # 7021

- posted      Profile for Johnny Lee Wombat   Email Johnny Lee Wombat         Edit/Delete Post 
saxon, the question for me isn't what the radius is, the question for me is, how can we blow up Carl's Frozen Custard?

Of course, would people then stop aging and would you end up having a bunch of burned/mutilated/old people wandering around begging for death?

Ick. Keep CFC around.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/album01?&page=11
http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/album01?&page=12

New pictures before we go!

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun! [Wave]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

We're back! I'll tell the full story (and have pictures!) later on my site, but we all had a lot of fun. Thomas was great on the plane...his Daddy, not so much. [Wink]
TheTick
Member # 2883

Part One

Subtitled: Is THAT what the little bag is for?

TheTick
Member # 2883

http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/album01?&page=12
http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/album01?&page=13
http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/album01?&page=14

The pictures...story will continue tonight or tomorrow. [Smile]

TheTick
Member # 2883

Part 2 of the story, Illustrated!

[Big Grin]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my stars, that kid is adorable. Look at those eyes!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Sweet, he got an 'oh my stars' out of Kat. [Big Grin]

Hmmmm
mack's favorite

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you going to find him and kill him, Scott? Because that would kind of ruin your whole "not meeting people" thing. Or is it just some law of nature or something?
You have a limited imagination of what's possible from anonymous long distances.

But no-- it's a rule of nature.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

[Angst]

::gets a canary and a food taster::

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* So are you going to get a dog now? Or do you have one already?
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Well, Shadow is my dog, that couldn't move up here with me. Jen is not really a fan of dogs, though she's okay with smaller ones. I like bigger dogs. [Smile] Maybe when Thomas is older (and we have a bigger yard!).
TheTick
Member # 2883

*bump* to make sure my wife sees it.
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
If we get a dog, it will be after we get a bigger house and yard and it will be one that won't jump on me or lick my face - I hate that. Thomas did love chasing Shadow pup around the house though - and Marrten (my brothers basset hound) will be here next week for him to play with.
Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Heehee...I thought you'd love having a dog to lick your face and wake you up every morning?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Tick, you know I luv ya sharing pics of Thomas -- he's adorable.

But can I give one tiny piece of advice?

You are tall. He is not. Many, many of your pics have this "from towering above" viewpoint looking almost straight down at him.

Walk around on your knees more, okay? Then take pics from there.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I try but he steals the camera when I'm down at his level! [Wink]

http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/album01/thomas_halloween_013
http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/album01/thomas_halloween_014
http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/album01/IM000404

Seriously, most of these were quick grabs for the camera as he jumped up on someone's lap or some such - not planned.

[ November 17, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.