FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Whoa!

Author Topic: Whoa!
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me, or did the hyperlink colorscheme change on hatrack in the last 10 minutes?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's different for me too!

[Eek!]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
We've got Easter Hatrack!

It seems that I may want to download that "EditCSS" extension for Firefox! I can change it back to the old way.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, it's really bugging me.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It hurts us, it does, precious.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm not going insane. Good.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, we're all insane. But the colors are not a symptom.

Tom: LOL

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Bokonon -- if you figure out how do that, I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate a write-up on how to do that.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAGH! My eyes! They're boring into my skull!
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, here's what you do.

You have to be using Firefox.

Go to Tools (in the menu at the top), then Extensions. Click on Get More Extensions, which is in the lower right (at least on my version). On that page, click on All (in the left hand nav column), then go to the second page. There's a thing called EditCSS. In EditCSS's section, click on the graphic/link on the far right that says "Install". In the dialogue that comes up, click Install Now (at least, that's what it says in my version of Firefox; you want whatever installs the extension).

After the extension installs, quit Firefox, then reopen it.

Navigate to the forums page.

Go to View (in the menu), then Sidebar, then Edit CSS.

This opens the CSS for the page in the sidebar of the browser. Look for the line that says /**** LINK-tag style sheet default.css ****/

Under that there's some stuff that says BODY ( backgr. . .

Under that there're a few indented lines, which read:

quote:
A:link { color: #0000FF }
A:visited { color: #336699 }
A:active { color: #8B0000 }
A:hover { color: #8B0000 }

Change those lines so they look like this:

quote:
/**A:link { color: #0000FF }
A:visited { color: #336699 }
A:active { color: #8B0000 }
A:hover { color: #8B0000 }
**/

This removes the styling that was recently added and makes the links look they do on unstyled web pages.

(For people who know what I did here, I added the extra * for readability purposes).

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Oh, and this fix isn't permanent, but while you're on hatrack it'll stay as long as you keep the sidebar window open. However, I believe it'll also mess with the styles on other sites if you keep it open while browsing to them, so you'll have to re-edit each time you visit hatrack.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Oh, or you could just keep the hatracking window open but minimized, and use it when you visit hatrack so you don't have to re-edit.
fugu13
Member # 2859

Of course they fix it after I verify and write up my fix.

[Razz]

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could not worry about it cause I think they just changed it back [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it my imagination, or are things back how they were?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little error. Should be all better now.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.