FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What exactly happens to old threads?

Author Topic: What exactly happens to old threads?
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what happens to threads that fall off the end? Are they archived for posterity? Deleted? At the TolkienOnline site they talk about the old threads getting archived...but who knows if that's just under their system or even true. I just think about all the brilliant essays that I and others have written...to think they might all just vanish! [Frown]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
The get turned into glue.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I eat them. They're a good source of fibre.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
They get set free to farms where they run around freely for the rest of their lives.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
arrrrrrrggg!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
They are deleted, every 6 months or so, IIRC. Except for the landmark threads which get moved to the archive.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they went to the thread heaven. [Frown]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
No, they're supposed to get to run free, but instead they get sent to a petting zoo. This angers the threads-rights activists.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when this policy was instituted. Garments were rent, sackcloth was worn, and ashes were poured over heads.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
they established PETT and started throwing paint on computers everywhere.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
Those nasty little gremlins that steal left socks have been stockpiling used threads for armageddon.

These are the same critters that create that problem of having a word stuck on the tip of your tongue, even though you're able to say 50 million other things describing that [b]one[/one] word.

Crazy as always,
Psycho Triad

[ November 17, 2004, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Psycho Triad ]

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought they went to the thread heaven.
Unfortunnatly some threads make bad decisions in their lifetimes and they go elsewhere. [Evil]
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
They unravel....
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
They recycle the letters so there are enough for new threads.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
They do all of the above. They're just that cool.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

[Wink]
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Acutally, they are melted down and forged into rings of power.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Forged into rings? How do you finger?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

*rimshot*
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh. I miss metathreads. Thanks!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
What happens to a thread deferred?

I tried to write a parody, but alas, my muse appears to be in a coma.

[Cry]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!! [Party]

My test was successful! I did a search for a thread that was past the due date and found my old "going to pass out from lack of sleep" thread... posted in it.. and it's back!!

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

And yet... Olivetta just bumped some past the date threads...and said that there are some older that cannot be retrieved.. . hmmmmm...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.