FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Little tech help here?

Author Topic: Little tech help here?
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got two computers sharing a printer via a wireless network (OK, there is no "network", just this wireless connection between two computers and the printer)

Also, the two computers can talk to each other through this same wireless network. (I occasionaly move files between the two)

Only one computer has internet access right now, and I'd like to get internet access for the second computer by tapping into the internet access of the first.

While logged on to the internet (dial-up) on comp #1, I've run the Microsoft internet connection wizard several times on comp #2 in an effort to establish the link I'm looking for but this never works. I don't know what else to do except buy 50 feet of phone cord and plug comp #2 directly into the wall.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Zevlag
Member # 3346

- posted      Profile for Ghost of Zevlag   Email Ghost of Zevlag         Edit/Delete Post 
Windows XP on both?

Here's Microsoft's intstructions. You need to make sure you actually enable sharing on the PC with dial-up.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
Running Windows 2000 on both machines.

Followed your lead and searched Microsoft for Win 2000 instructions and found what I was looking for. Looks like I was working from the wrong machine (#2 instead of #1).

Thanks for the help!

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.