FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Story with a Happy Ending

Author Topic: A Story with a Happy Ending
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a neat story today in the paper. A disability advocate in Orlando was searching for a new transitional care facility for the recently paralyzed. She went to fifty different developers looking for space and got shot down every time. Finally, Beat Kahli said, "Sure, why not?"

Avalon Park

I thought it was really nice to see a developer who instead of saying, "How much will this eat into my profit," instead said "This helps people. That makes it a good thing."

Anyway, it just made my day to see that.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Aha! I was finally able to find the story online. It originally ran in the Orlando Sentinel back at the beginning of the month, so the link from Google no longer works. I found the Tallahassee Democrat Online and was able to get a link. Here's the whole story of Donna Marini's struggle to help others who've been paralyzed.

A Place for Independence

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the links, AR. Neat place!

I would've like to see more of the stories of the people who live there -- it was cool to read about the superstars ( [Wink] ), but I bet there are quieter lives which have interesting stories, too. Still, maybe they just want their lives to stay quiet. [Smile]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.