FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » After kicking and screaming since the middle of May...

Author Topic: After kicking and screaming since the middle of May...
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
It's finally snowing in Prescott! And it's sticking! And it's not stopping yet! And I have to drive through it! Hooray!

Man, life rocks today. [Cool]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really glad you started this thread, Goat. I was just checking the weather channel and I saw snow on you all. No chance it'll come this far south, but I'm glad for you nonetheless.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*jealous*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Are you guys getting rain or anything down there, PSI?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

quote:
It’s four in the morning, the end of December
I’m writing you now just to see if you’re better
New York is cold, but I like where I’m living
There’s music on Clinton Street all through the evening.

[ November 22, 2004, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Rain is building all around us; I'm expecting some any minute. My husband keeps calling: "Is it raining yet? Is it raining YET?" Rain generally starts down south here, and he's grouting up north, and he really wants to come home. I have a feeling that if it rains, he'll get it first this time.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Well, there's a snow advisory at 6000 feet for today. That means we get yucky freezing rain. [Frown]
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been raining/drizzling here all morning. It's nice to have the rain - I just wish my heater worked though, cause it's a little chilly here today.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Snuggles?

[Wink]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
No snow here [Frown]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Not fair... I'm in Montreal and it hasn't started snowing, while in Romania it's cold and the snow is starting to show up everywhere... US too now... I want snow! :ducks incoming snowballs: [Razz]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
s'no fair [Frown]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm agreeing with Corwin here. Snow in AZ and none in MN? Just doesn't seem right.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Did PSI just offer to snuggle with me? [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I like snuggles. : )
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

It's all melting now, and I see blue sky.

[Frown]

I got to peg my brother with a snowball, though, so it's all good.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
This time last year Provo had about 6-12 inches on the ground. We have YET to have sticky snow! *rejoices*
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
*Shares SM's sentiment*

I've had enough snow for the rest of my life.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Very jealous.

Though we're supposed to get snow Wednesday and Friday around here. ::crosses fingers::

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, the ground's all wet here in Tempe. What's with all the rain this fall? I don't remember this many days of it last year.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool.
We never get snow here.
Except those couple of times...when we did. [Smile]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, come to Rexburg. We have snow 6 months out of the year. Oddly, we still haven't gotten any snow this year, aside from a like sprinkling of the stuff about two months ago.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Snow . . . that's the cold, white stuff that turns into slush, right?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been freaking sacrificing baby seals to the Snow Demons all week and no snow yet!! What's your secret??
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Heh, I love Prescott. We had about 5 or 6 inches of snow today, most of which melted away before sunset. And the public school kids learned at 4:00 pm that there would be a 2-hour delay tomorrow.

Telp: Snow Demons already have plenty of dead seal babies. If you really want them to give you snow, you'll have to give them something that they feel is more exotic, like lizards or coyotes.

[ November 23, 2004, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Javelinas!

I am seriously considering moving to Oregon.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Dateline: Chicago
We normally get our first obvious snow in mid-October.... it's teh day before Thanksgiving and we're FINALLY getting the white stuff! it's been snowing for about an hour now and I'm just now seeing it stick to rooftops and a little bit in the grass.

Note: I don't really care if we have a white Thanksgiving or not. I'm just bugged that it took this long in the first place! LOL

Edit update: about 2 hours later and the sidewalks on my block are fully covered. Not thick but no bare concrete to be seen. Driving is going to be oh so much fun....

[ November 24, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Goody Scrivener ]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.