FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christmas shopping

Author Topic: Christmas shopping
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just curious if anyone braved the sale crowds today [Angst]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
heck, no!

But then again, I had to work......

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I did...becasue I WAS working.

Thank God it's over now....

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

Yeah- the employees at Wal-Mart did not seem thrilled to be there [Smile]

My sister was at Best Buy at 1:15 am to be one of the first in the store when it opened at 6am. She wanted a lap top- must have been a DARN good price.

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I went this afternoon, when it was somewhat calmer. (But still crazy.) Within four hours, I finished all of my shopping. [Smile]
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Way to go! I went out to do NON shopping stuff and got caught in the melee. (Ugh. Target! Kinko's was nice and quiet though.)

I'm a little sick in the head or something though because I actually get pumped up for Christmas by going out in the crowds. I LOVE shopping and I don't mind the crowds as much...it makes me feel like I'm on a special mission or something...I suppose. [Smile] Anyway, 'tis the season and I'm all excited for it.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh - Wal-Mart was insane at 06:30 in the morning, although I didn't see anything with laptops.

Target, not so much, although it was picking up as I headed out.

For my first Black Friday, it was amusing. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jmj
Member # 7061

- posted      Profile for jmj           Edit/Delete Post 
I was in and out of target in 15 minutes. i bought a new digital camera... for myself! [Smile]
Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

jmj--I am impressed [The Wave]
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
No Christmas shopping trip is complete without a gift for yourself. Mine today was 300tc sateen cotton sheets. I am going to be one happy person come bedtime.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Hmmm. I think you guys just hit on one of the reasons that I enjoy Christmas shopping so much...especially in book stores. [Smile] I always end up with something for myself!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't go shopping, I went to the zoo [Smile]

I loved the fact that our local radio station did parking lot reports all day instead of traffic.

"Northpark mall parking is 75% full, parking is available on the north side only.
Town East is 98% full. Spots can be located only on the outer rim.
Grapevine Mills... your only hope is to follow someone leaving a store. Offer them a ride to their car."

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Wow, that is hilarious! I've never heard that before!! [Big Grin]
babager
Member # 6700

I got Buffy season 7 for $17.77 today!! [Party]
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I went grocery shopping. TJ's was nice and quiet.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
All shopping for my immediate family except my wife is done. All online - Amazon or the Homestarrrunner store. [Smile]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
We're doing christmas much lighter this year, I need to get gifts for my grandma and one cousin (a drawing thing), and buy some chocolate for a friend's birthday (he wants imported so I'm off to the health foods store)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Traditionally, I rush to do all my Christmas shopping at the very last minute. So this year, I started early. Several weeks ago, in fact. I buy a couple presents every weekend (which is the only time I have time to Christmas-shop). Oddly enough, it doesn't make finding stuff any easier. I'm (yet again) stumped at what to buy for my cousins and my grandparents.

Oh well... I have a whole other month to go, I guess.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I've been developping something that I like to call "Strategic Christmas Shopping". Basically, I try to get everyone something that corresponds to both of our tastes, so I can borrow it later on. [Evil]

Of course, if we have no overlapping tastes, theirs take priority (it is Christmas, after all). But if I can get something that pleases both me and them, so much the better.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.