FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Most Beautiful Music In The World

Author Topic: The Most Beautiful Music In The World
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
A little hyperbole aside, this is some really good stuff:

The Complete Beethoven Piano Sonata Cycle

Okay, so I only know the one with names. Check out the Waldstein.

[ November 28, 2004, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: the_Somalian ]

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, very good find. Locally I listen to our Classical station, and they usually play BBC / NPR stuff. [Smile]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I love music. All music.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of beautiful music, I just discovered Elliot Smith. I had noticed his songs in Good Will Hunting and The Royal Tenenbaums and thought, "Gee, that's really pretty," but I just downloaded a bunch of songs (Yes, I steal music)and this guy is awesome. Okay, he's not Beethoven, but its still a shame he's not around any more.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite is number 24 in F sharp major. I don't have a reason why. There is something charming and mischevious about the first movement, and there is a strange dignity in the second. It's a baby sonata, but it's still my favorite.

Somalian, this link is awesome.

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE good piano music, but I think that Yo-Yo Ma's Cello music is every bit as good as this, particularly his Back Suites.

I have been listening to them for a few weeks now, off and on, and really love them.

Thanks for the link though, now I have something to listen to when I am done with the Bach... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Yo Yo Ma play, he came to IU, and performed a concert a few years ago... it was an amazing experience.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Yo Yo Ma. He's another one of those over 40 year old men I do NOT have a crush on....
But he's so dreamy and talented.

If you want to hear the most beautiful singing, listen to Dmitri Hvorostovsky. Especially his Sviridov. I love Svridov.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.