FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'M SOOOOOO SORE!

Author Topic: I'M SOOOOOO SORE!
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I just reclaimed my title as the queen of the monkey bars after six years of exile. My body is not very happy. ouch . [Cry]
Anyone else have any sweet memories as being one of the monkey bar kingdom royals?

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Monkey bars aren't fun when you're taller then them.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
I never liked the monkey bars. I was more a swing kind of guy.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I did notice that monkey bars weren't exactly "my size" any more...
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to own the Big Toy, (You know, the thing made of telephone poles, planks, and steel bars) until I was banned from it because I accidentally pushed a kid off of it and he broke his arm.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was little, my brother broke his arm when some one pushed him off the Big Toy. The kid got banned, though.

Say . . .

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
They need to make monkey bars with a bigger gauge, so that big people can play on them too. I think the standard should be that when you hang by your legs from one bar, your head doesn't hit the bar below.

I think they should sell a toy made of pvc pipe that you can screw together the pieces to make any sort of structure you want. Then they should have joints with all sorts of 3d shapes for allowing really interesting angles of intersection and so on. Sort of like a scaled up version of k'nex, but with threaded joints for good strength and solidity. Think what great forts and tents and houses and monkey bars you could build with these. They should be plenty strong enough to play on, if the pipe gauge they use is thick enough. And it would be really cheap, too, since pvc pipe costs almost nothing. And waterproof, and indestructible by the weather. If you had a huge set you could cover your whole backyard in a big jungle gym. Wouldn't that be ubercool? I so want that!

[ December 01, 2004, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Monkey bars... I remember that...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We didn't really have royalty on our monkey bars. Ours was inhabited by an evil witch who lived in a tower (often me) with evil guard bats who hung upside down from the surrounding bars and tried to attack the heroes and heroines who came in on various quests seeking various things, or, conversely, were captured and dragged in by the evil witch and tried to escape. Occasionally said hero or heroine was a prince or princess, but that was about it.

Did I mention that I was a strange child? And that my friends were, too? We also used to play a playground game about the "evil vet" who tortured animals, and one on the foursquare court that was very ritualistic and had to do with ensuring that the universe was in correct alignment (we were "wizards")...

[ December 01, 2004, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Wow, that sure sounded fun. I jsut remeber that when I was hanging out in them afterschool waiting for my mom to pick me up, she saw me doing my very crazy flips and she was like: [Eek!]
And then I was like: [Big Grin] cute, eh?
Then when I went to this other school for my GATE stuff, I did my stuff there, at the time I didn't know we weren't allowed to flips there. Anyway, when I started to do them, all the students crowded and just looked at me like: [Hail]
The teacher was like: [No No]
Now that I recall all these memories, I'm like: [Roll Eyes]

Note: I had never used so much smilies in one post... [The Wave] yay for me!

EDIT: I'd be the first one with them PVCs

[ December 01, 2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Altįriėl of Dorthonion ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.