FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why Ken, why?!

Author Topic: Why Ken, why?!
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Ken Jennings just lost.
Why watch Jeopardy anymore?! What's the point!?!
LIFE HAS NO MEANING ANYMORE!
*sniffle*

[Cry]

[ November 30, 2004, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Tater ]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
If only he hadn't been so agressive with the daily doubles it wouldn't even have come down to the final question.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Heehehee
He can't complain. He has a KAMILLION dollars... I wish I had as much money as him... $_$

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a t.v. Who beat him? Was the person who beat him a "super opponent" or something?

Hard to believe, although I knew it was coming. Maybe he just got tired of being on the show?

[Frown]

Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Ka million - the amount of money you're destined to get unexpectedly and lose just as unexpectedly, only to get it again later.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed it too! I'd read that he would be losing tonight (did somebody post a link to it here? I can't remember if I read it here or on Galactic Cactus), and was planning to watch, but I was busy creating an Excel inventory of my library, and completely spaced it off. [Mad]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
just watched it. She wasn't great. She was good but nothing like Ken. I think the total was 14,001 to his 8,something. Like it was said above he went aggressive on both daily doubles and lost during double jeopardy. But hey, the guy is walking away with 2.5 million. I don't feel too sorry for him.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

He's just become like a familiar friend..I think we're all going to miss him a little, whether we admit it or not. [Razz]
And, you can't deny that it won't be as much fun watching ORDINARY people who just win a couple of rounds and then get whooped. It was fun watching a real smarty-pants, I think.
But, the way things are these days, he'll probably come out with his own reality show. Or...Ken Jenning Action Figures, or something. He talked about that. He'd give them clicky-thumbs. Rock on \m/

[ November 30, 2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Tater ]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why watch Jeopardy anymore?! What's the point!?!
My best friend's fiance was in LA competing on Jeopardy today. Isn't that a reason to watch (for me, at least...)? I'm not sure if Ken's last episode airing on the same day my friend recorded his first bodes well or not.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe he's going to be on Nightline tonight.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
He should be, according to the article I read...
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*sob*

[Wink]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

quote:
Well, he lost. And I've lost my will to watch Jeopardy. There's always the tournament of champions for him to reign genius down upon.

LONG LIVE KEN JENNINGS!

This is what I said on that other thread about him, and I stand by it.
*sniffle*

Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Look on the bright side, the tournement of champions!

You know, now they should do a "Who wants KJ's money?"

Like with "Who want Ben Stein's money?"

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's about freaking time. I stopped watching Jeopardy! religiously when they got rid of the five-day champion rule, and this Ken guy only exacerbated my feelings on the matter. It just gets boring seeing the same guy win.

Edit to show I actually used to watch the show and to mention the best incentive for winning five times: the car! And the berth in the Tournament of Champions! Come on, that was quality.

[ December 01, 2004, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Carrie ]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The answer he lost with was something like: Most of this company's 70,000 seasonal, white-collar employees work only 4 months a year.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, ironic, that time is Tax time... Kind of shows what will happen with his money.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww, there there <pats Tater>. It only seems like the end of the world. Just hold on and I have faith that someday life will once again gain meaning in this new era of Kenless Jeopardy. [Cry]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why Ken, why?!
huh? wha? [Confused]

I didn't do it, I swear I'm innocent.

Oh? Jeopardy?
I think this Ken guy should share the wealth with this other Ken I know, who's a poor college student in Michigan with a truck with bad brakes. Charity case, or some such.

quote:
Why Ken, why?!
Crazy as always,
"Ken" Psycho Triad

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
So did you see his interview with David Letterman on Letterman's show last night?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.