FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Novel Vaccine Stops HIV

Author Topic: Novel Vaccine Stops HIV
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Of course,
quote:
The researchers warn that their study is only proof of principle. It's still not clear which patients do best with the vaccine, although there's evidence that vaccination should be given as soon after HIV infection as possible. Only clinical trials comparing people who get the vaccine to those who don't can show whether this vaccine really is an effective AIDS therapy.
, but still.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Then there are the ethics of clinical trials. Though I suppose the use of standard treatment vs. the new one post-HIV infection...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
When I read the title I thought, hmm, wonder how they made the books small enough for that ... [Eek!]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're interested, I just downloaded the article and put it up here.

I haven't read it yet, but in principle it sounds really interesting.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I was wondering when it was that novell got into pharmacology. I guess it's part of the ever-expanding list of things that run with Netware.

*imagines little syringes with logo on it*

[ December 02, 2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: WheatPuppet ]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.