FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » December gift exchange thank you thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: December gift exchange thank you thread
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
deLint is one I collect. He's Canadian, IIRC.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Punwit's gift arrived today. I had Eve open it instead of waiting a week and a half until I got home.

It was a jar of K.C. BBQ sauce, a style I've never had from an authentic supplier, a jar of sweet salsa, and a cookbook.

Plus it had red bubble wrap, which Eve is enjoying very much. [Smile]

Thanks, Punwit. I'll let you know what I make with the BBQ sauce. I'm thinking slow-cooked ribs...

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the BIGGEST ROLL OF BUBBLE WRAP EVER at the UPS store today.

When I finally mailed out my gift.

I mentioned the bubble wrap to the counter guy and he said, "That isn't even FULL. And there's a bin of those peanuts in the back that I can jump in."

The dude was like six four.

MAN.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there are probably quite a few people who would enjoy a big thing of bubble wrap as a present.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, The salsa is produced by an ex-roomate from years ago. I played Jack Tripper to her Chissy and another young lady's Janet. The salsa has a nice flavor but is a bit watery. I tried it once as a marinade for chops and was quite pleased with the result.

Here is a link to the establishment that makes the BBQ sauce. This joint is a Kansas City institution. Enjoy!

I was a bit uncertain about the ability of the bubble wrap to adequately protect the bottles and am pleased that everything arrived intact.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Derrell!

Derrell sent Strider and I some Petco giftcards, which is perfect since we are overrun by little furry creatures who need toys and collars and the like.

Yay! [Wave]

[ December 13, 2004, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
it's not Jesus, just a friend who looks a lot like the guy.
Some advice I recieved, so I rephrase the question...

"What the heck am I supposed to do with a bobble-head Frisco, who bears a striking resemblence to Jesus?"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! [ROFL]

*breathes*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
::dances:: Rivka's present came today! Thank you so so so so much for the nutcracker and glass figurine--both of them are on my mantle rignt now, and the bath beads smell REALLY good. I'm going to take a nice long warm soak tonight. (((((rivka)))))
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I checked with the USPS site before I came to Hatrack, so I knew it got delivered today. I'm so glad it got to you ok -- I really wasn't sure which address to use. [Smile]

Enjoy!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, Leonide. i was wondering what to get you guys, then you mentioned in the gfift exchange thread that you have pets. Voila! I hope the pets enjoy whateveryou guys buy with them. I'm glad you like them. [Smile]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

We do! We have three ferrets (soon to be four!) and two cats. They will be getting many wonderful things for Christmas.

Thanks again!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I believe they can be used at Petco's website, as well as at their stores.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That's me upon opening the box from Ryuko! 3 Tick figurines for me (well 3 villains - El Seed, Dean, and Dyna-Mole), some festive candy for Thomas, and some nice chocoloate for Jen. I'm guessing their nice - she promptly hid them to make sure we wouldn't steal them. [Wink] And some chocolatey soap! Thank you!!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The only problem is that now all that time I spend reading for my exams and papers, I'm going to be wishing I was reading something a little more entertaining.
You don't do this anyway?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I'd hoped you'd like it. I would have loved to get you cooler figures, but those were the ones I found. [Smile] They're OK, though? [Smile] I'm glad you guys liked it. I worried.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think there are probably quite a few people who would enjoy a big thing of bubble wrap as a present.
I once gave my sister a roll of bubble wrap as a present. I wouldn't call it 'giant', though.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't gotten your present yet, it might be because I'm lame and haven't sent mine out yet (ducking).

So, if you're like, "Hey! No one loves me!" it's actually me being a lame wuss.

Soon, my dear. Soon. Don't worry, the later it gets sent, the more amazing it has to be.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my gift from ElJay yesterday. [Wave] A book of poetry (sort of) and drawings by a man in Iowa.

Thanks so much! I enjoyed reading it last night, and I'm going to talk to my son in law later today and ask if he's familiar with the "Story People", since he served his mission in Iowa.

Mahalo plenty for da kine, ElJay... I hope to meet you in January. Be sure to let me know when you're arriving.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I'm glad it got there, and even more glad that you liked it.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm rather despondent about the present I sent out at this point. I mailed it via priority mail a week ago Monday, and I don't think the recipient has gotten it yet. I didn't sign up for delivery confirmation or anything - I just trusted that priority mail was a safe way to go.

[Frown] I've never had something get lost like this before.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, Priority mail can get held up in Dec. I'd wait another week, then ask the recipient if they got it. If they didn't, report it to the post office, they may be able to find it sitting in a branch somewhere.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
FedEx said the gift for my person was delivered on Monday, but they haven't said anything about it. Was it such a bad gift that you don't want to say anything about it? [Razz]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I think FedEx is lying to you - I got it today - you can even ask slacker! [Taunt]

John mentioned to me this morning that a couple boxes had come for me. I assumed it was two orders I'd been waiting for. It's probably a good thing he didn't tell me that one of the boxes was from Godiva - I'd never have been able to survive the rest of the day at work knowing there was a box from Godiva with my name on it at home. And with scrumptious dark chocolate truffle cocoa mix in it! Mmmmmmmmm! I'm so excited to taste it! Thanks a ton, lady! You're awesome! [Kiss]

[ December 15, 2004, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] You're welcome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, do you still have the receipt from the post office? Priority mail IS trackable online(here), if you have the package number.

*checks FAQ* Oops, I guess not. That's only if you used ClickNShip (which I did). Sorry . . .

[ December 16, 2004, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I got it!! [Big Grin]

I even posted on this thread. [Razz]
(on page 1)

[ December 16, 2004, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Miro ]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Oh, yay! I was so worried it had gotten lost!

(Miro got her package! Hooray!)

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

How did I miss that?

<----- brain dead

Back to paper-writing for me!

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Christy!!! [Kiss]

That was so much fun! When my mom saw me unpack the candy, she said I was acting like a little girl. But then she wanted o taste everything [Big Grin]

My favourites:

The chocolate - deeeelicious!!! I love coffee flavored chocolate, and this was one of the best I've had

Jawbreaker - my mom was very suspicious. Are you sure it's edible, she asked! [Big Grin]

And the maple candy pilgrims - I have no heart to destroy them yet, so for the time being, they are standing on my shelf. I'm saving them for Christmas [Big Grin]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, that is my favorite chocolate bar [Smile]

I love that your mom got so excited, too! Yay!

The pilgrims really are cute, but boy are maple candies good!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Christy, what kind of chocolate did you sent Kama? That sounds GOOD...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an entertaining story:

I have a slight head cold (Hilarious, I know - don't worry, it gets better!). I slept from about midnight to 10:45 this morning, with a couple brief interruptions. One was because of my stupid mis-set alarm clock. The other was more odd. I heard a tapping noise that sounded like someone rapping on our glass patio door. I looked at the clock, listened for a bit, and realized I didn't have to get up because my roommates were up and getting the door. I went back to sleep.

I got up around 10:45, got dressed, and went to the TV. I noticed DS9 was on SpikeTV (love that channel!), so I flipped it on, grabbed a potato roll, and sat on the couch for a while. My roommate Kristen came out of the bathroom and we started talking and whatnot. She was heading out the patio door to turn in her final lab report when she looked down and fairly shouted "What's this?"

I asked "What's what?" and looked over the back of the couch. It was a box! From amazon.com! I couldn't make out the printing on the label, but that mystery was soon solved - Kristen said "It's... for you!" as if she were surprised. I actually leapt over the back of the couch, figuring (rightly) that it was my Hatrack gift. I tore into the box, to find two wrapped presents, squealing all the way, and now I'm in a state of bliss.

So thank you, Becky! [Big Grin] I'd been thinking about buying Sean Astin's book for myself, but it's even better as a present. And the Gollum docu-book looks awesome! I had to run to work and I've got an exam tomorrow, so a full book report will have to wait a bit, but YAY! Huge hugs for you! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

Sorry, Mack, I never remember the brand. It is an espresso truffle dark chocolate that I first found at Target and Cost Plus World Market also has it. Perhaps Kama remembers?
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Seattle Chocolaes

Pike Place Espresso

Truffle Bar.

What, you thought I'd get rid of it so quickly? [Big Grin]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*drool*
Kama
Member # 3022

I still have 1/8th of it left. Want some?

[Razz]

(it was supposed to say 1/4th, but I ate half of it during typing)

mackillian
Member # 586

*snort*
Annie
Member # 295

*sings*
I just got a package,
I just got a package,
I just got a package!
Wonder who it's from?

It's from Leonide and Strider! How absolutely fantabulous! And it comes in a Norman Rockwell tin [Big Grin] and it contains all sorts of fabulous little toys and some European chocolate!

Wow. I am having a great day! Thanks guys!

*back to work*

Leonide
Member # 4157

lmao.

oh, annie. you got something else coming that was mailed like THREE DAYS earlier than that tin...with a message that says "there's more to come" so...when you get that...there's no more to come.

[Blushing]

but we're really glad you liked it cause we had way too much fun picking it all out!

Christy
Member # 4397

*impressed at Kama's restraint*
Suneun
Member # 3247

I finally sent my package. 2-3 day mail, I guess Tuesday arrival?

Still December! =)

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie, I'm glad you got them.

I got mine today, too, and I was going to wait till christmas to open them all, but my roomates wouldn't leave me alone until I opened them.

Mrs M, I LOVE my cute girly stuff. I so rarely ask for or buy girly stuff, that it's really fun when i get it. I adore the pink fuzzy socks, and the burt's bees stuff is awesome. I'm going to get addicted and have to use it all the time, now.

Ni!

[ December 16, 2004, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: kwsni ]

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Oh, I LOVE Burt's Bees lip balm. I haven't tried any of the other stuff, but I'm sure it's awesome. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Ooooh! I arrived home to find a small box in my mailbox. I thought, "Could this be?"

Sure enough, I open it to discover a small black bag containing an awesome ring [Smile] .

Thank you so much, imogen! I'm very impressed with your extrapolation from what I must only assume was poking about my website. It's a poison ring, with a hematite stone on the top [Smile] . I love silvery jewelry, poison, and hematite! Heehee. No, really, I do. Okay.. not so much poison itself, but weapon-rings.

Mmmm. Here's a quick picture of the ring. Ignore the weird splaying of my fingers. Trick of the angle. Really [Smile]

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I'm glad you like it - I was a little anxious about buying jewellry but I saw you liked hematite and I thought it was kinda cool.

Happy December!

[Big Grin]

(I *like* giving presents)

Edit: And yes, it was your website. I'm not stalking you... No really I'm not. [Wink]

[ December 17, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Hey! I thought my present was already awesome, and today I got another one!

Leonide and Strider sent me a book I've never heard of but am very excited to read - The Eyre Affair. It looks totally great.

Thank you so very very much!

(I probably should have waited so I could open it on Christmas. Maybe I'll make myself wait to read it until Christmas. [Smile] )

Christy
Member # 4397

Oooh, I LOVE those books!
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Sara, thank you SO much !
Sara gave me a beautiful set of winter accessories : a hat, a scarf and gloves, all bright red exactly as I like ! How did you know my own started to get old and I wanted to replace them ? I guess it's all the magic of being a secret Santa. [Kiss]
Now, let me tell you how I discovered it.
I was going out this morning to put the paper and glass into the recycling conteners at the end of the street. I looked distreetly in my mailing box and saw... A package ! Coming from the USA ! So I hurried with my bags to the end of the street, came back to my home, took the box, climbed the stairs, opened my door and shouted to Vincent : "It's here" ! First he said "what ?" but when he saw me he understood. I put my coat on my chair in front of my computer, and started to open the box (under the attentive look of both Vincent and his camera, so I'll send pictures ASAP). I saw on the box it was from Sara, and I was so happy and curious at the same time ! There was a card, and something carefully wraped with paper and a ribbon with little plastic bear and cherries. That itself made me smile so hard I nearly cried of joy. In the paper there was this beautiful set, and I shouted out loud ! It's such a wonderful choice ! After that I put another jumper (for color reasons [Smile] ) and tried them. They fit me perfectly ! I read the card, which was as beautiful outside than inside.
And now I'm here, in the front of my computer, so happy I must do a million language and typing mistakes, to say thank you very, very much, to Sara who is the most wonderful secret Santa, and to Kat who organised all this.
[Hat] and [Kiss] , ladies !
That's going to be a perfect day. [Smile]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Aw Anna, that's a great story! Your happiness is infectious! [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

and my grammar is terrible! [Big Grin]

[ December 18, 2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.