FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » December gift exchange thank you thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: December gift exchange thank you thread
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Fabuleux! What a fun story.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Clara, that was awesome. Between the fabulous chocolate, the random 1960's negative, the shiny case, and my favorite: the happy pink button with a bunny that says "I hate everything."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear not-quite-so-secret-anymore Santa,

I got the card from UPS today when I went home, but the store's not open til Monday. I will probably get a chance to get it when I go home for break. When I get the package, I will re-re-re-resurrect this thread (though this is hardly the season for it..) and thank you for whatever it may be. [Smile]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
*grins* at mack. I figured, with enough random toys thrown at you, something had to hit =)
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
sarcasticmuppet, thank you so much for the bracelets! That's the one piece of jewelry I have very little of. I wore them to the last faculty party of the season - they matched my outfit perfectly.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. Not only have I not received my gift, the person to whom I mailed a gift back on the 9th has not responded. Clearly, there is a hole in the Universe.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*mopes* Clearly.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*joins the mope*

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*wonders if she or Opera is supposed to have received Tom's gift* [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Since I received mine saturday and Sara mailed it about 3 days before I mailed mine, if it works in both ways my victim should receive it before Christmas.
*hopes*

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted this a while back, but in case my wonderful gift giver didn't see it -- the address for me = at my brother's in NJ, so I won't actually be there to get it for a few more days yet.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka: Nope. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know if my victim got mine too!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, Anna! [Big Grin]

You look absolutely beautiful in red.

The ornaments (little apples, the bear, etc.) were from my mother's last Christmas package to me. Although they are just tidbits, they had much sentimental value for me.

She would have been delighted to have something of hers travel to France. [Smile]

(Now, do you like chocolate?)

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, your gift is coming from quite a long way away. No doubt it's still in transit.

Dear Katie's recipient,

It's on its way, but the people at the post office kept telling me scary customs stories. Good thing this is a December exchange. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
My person hasn't gotten theirs yet either. [Frown] I hope it makes it there.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

Oh my gosh! I'd been reading Anna's frets that her package got to her person, but I had no clue her person was ME!!!! Our post lady pulled up in our driveway and handed me a package from France this morning! That in itself was mighty cool. Oh, and it had tres cool French Disney stamps on it too!

Anna, thank you so very much. Your letter was so sweet and I could tell how much thought you put into my gifts. I appreciate it, and you as well. [Smile]

So, wonderful Anna sent: a beautiful, gorgeous, can't say enough about it blue silk scarf from India. She included in her note that it's what is called "commerce solidaire," which means the people who made it were fairly paid. She also sent yummy yummy Belgium chocolates, which I had to immediately hide from my daughter. (she had great fun opening the package with me!) In addition generous Anna sent a delightful-smelling packet of herbs as well as a holiday container to contain them. My favorite gift was a picture CD that she included. It has absolutely beautiful pictures from Chartreuse, which she said is a mountain country near Lyon. Oh Anna - you are a great photographer! After I pick my favorite I'm going to have it printed and framed.

Merci beaucoup, Anna! I never expected such thoughtful gifts; your letter enclosed in the card actually made me tear up a bit. You've definately made my day. [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I know someone is probably wondering if I have recieved something yet. I have not. Still looking for it daily.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
*joins the mope*

But with the whole other side of the planet thing, I'm not complaining!

Edit: Yes Imogen, Australia isn't the same country as the USA...

[ December 20, 2004, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit that I've been anxiously checking for mail or UPS or Fedex way more than usual. I'm really looking forward to my gift.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope my gift didn't get lost in the mail! Victim: I sent it! I did!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It arrived! It arrived! It arrived!!!!!!

Jeniwren, you are the most awesomest! And there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD you stayed within the financial constraints of the rules. But I don't care - cuz I SO SCORED!

I'm gonna tell the whole story, not just what was in the gift. Cuz, well, this is a whole other country with a whole other culture we're talking about here, and it's interesting to me, so in my egomaniacal way, I think you'll find it interesting, too! [Big Grin]

We take the trishaw to the post office - I've never been there before, so this is a new experience for me. It's way the heck and gone far away from us. Relatively speaking, of course. We arrived at around 11:45 am, and given that their lunch breaks are advertised as 12 to 1, we knew there was a possibility that they'd say, "Oh, too late. Come back after lunch." But they didn't.
We presented our stack of paperwork to one guy at a counter in the middle of nowhere. He wrote some stuff down in a log book and gave one of our copies to another guy, then told us our number and had us sit down, which we did. There were counters for air freight, sea freight, cashier, and other related things. There were probably 25 or 30 employees, at least half of which seemed to have nothing to do most of the time. They just stood around waiting. Whatever.

Finally, our parcel came out, but we had to wait a bit longer because there were others in front of us. Finally, we were called to the counter.
The counter runs along the wall and around a curve, and for the most part, there are glass partitions on top of the counter. I presume to protect the postal employees. We go stand in the air freight section and stand there, waiting our turn.

All the parcels are being opened, one at a time, on a small table. The man before us had two long narrow parcels that, when opened, had bolts of fabric inside. The postal employee who was recording the contents took the manufacturers tag to write down the fibre content of the material. How detailed!

Finally, it came to our turn. Compared to almost everything else, our parcel was very small - a foot by ten inches by about four inches thick.

Now comes the warning. Before we even got here, Fahim warned me that they might just open it up, take all the candy out, and give us whatever's left, if anything at all. This, of course, breaks my heart, but I still want to give it a try anyway. And the paperwork we received indicated that the contents were candy, so there was a good possibility that we wouldn't get everything/anything.

Anyway. They open up the parcel, and it's a bunch of smaller items all wrapped in Christmas paper. The postal employee immediately drops it back in the box and closes it.

Everything I've ever read says that when you send presents overseas, you never wrap them in wrapping paper because the postal employees will just rip it off anyway. Apparently not so. Apparently, we supremely lucked out. Fahim tells me - and has told me - all sorts of horror stories of things being taken out of parcels in front of the recipients and absconded by the postal employees.

Fahim told me about when he went to get our parcel from my sister and family - something he hadn't told me before. One of the items in the parcel was a stuffed Canadian moose. Fahim says that the employee picked it up, fondled it, and looked like he wanted to keep it. Another employee looked at this one, shook his head, and the first one put it back. So, evidently, we were lucky to get that Canadian moose.

Fahim says that it's obvious that the contents are a gift - well, wrapped in wrapping paper, I have to agree - and that's why they were left alone. Seasonal items. Lucky lucky break. If they hadn't been wrapped, it's likely we wouldn't have gotten all/any of it. Thank you, Jeniwren!

We're then told how much we'll be charged - Rs. 100. No problem, no biggie, and I'm so definitely willing to pay that amount. So we're shuffled off to the next person who fills in the paperwork indicating the contents, who then passes it on to the person who'll be taking our money. All told, we've talked to a half dozen different employees. I say we, but it isn't really we. It's Fahim. Mostly in Sinhalese.

In the meantime, a couple of boxes after us were being opened, and the contents were very securely placed in the box. Rigifoam around the objects, and then liquid foam into all the empty spaces to make sure that nothing moved. Or, at least, that's what we assume based on the fact that as they opened the cardboard box, the foam was attached to the box, which they literally had to peel, chip, and flake away from the rest of the foam. They tore that box and the foam to shreds, and it's pretty obvious that whoever sent it DID NOT want the contents moving.

At least ten, but more likely fifteen, minutes later, it's finally determined that it's artwork. Statue. And there's a tonne of foam debris and cardboard debris all over the floor.

We pay our rupees and leave.

Yay! I got the present!

I open it up, and what's inside? First things first. A Christmas card from Jeniwren. Jeniwren, for the record, I used to live in Vancouver, British Columbia, and I've driven through Bellingham more times than I can even think of counting. And now I'm homesick for that area! I even miss my favorite Mexican restaurant in Bellingham. It's all pretty funny.

Anyway. The card. It's handmade. Three layers of various types of paper and hand-stamping on the front - beautiful. And hand-stamped inside. It's beautiful. Jeniwren went to a lot of effort.

The presents. There were six wrapped gifts inside. Six. When I opened them up - and some had cute little kidlet wrapping paper, some had very dignified very nice wrapping paper - guess what I found? Chocolate and candy, and lots of it!
Inventory of Gift Received

• Brookside - Chocolate Bowl - Milk & Dark Chocolate with Real Orange
  • Brookside - Chocolate Bowl - Dark Chocolate Sweetened Dried Cranberries
  • Seattle Chocolates - Truffle Bar - Meltaway Mint
  • Seattle Chocolates - Truffle Bar - Hazelnut Biscotti
  • Lindt - Raspberry - Swiss Milk Chocolate with Liquid Raspberry Filling
  • Ghirardelli Chocolate - Premium Baking Chips - Semi-Sweet Chocolate
  • Ghirardelli Chocolate - Squares - Premium Chocolate Assortment - Dark Chocolate with White Mint Filling / Milk Chocolate with Double Chocolate Filling / Milk Chocolate with Caramel Filling
  • Liberty Orchards - Aplets & Cotlets - Deliciously Soft Apple and Apricot Confections with Crunchy Walnuts
Oh me oh my! I'm in chocolate heaven!
It's all in the fridge now. Have to refrigerate stuff like that here. Two major reasons.

1. Heat. Chocolate is melted at room temperature here, and will also go bad very fast.

2. Ants. They'll smell it, and they'll find a way in.

And we tend to ration out our candy/sweets/chocolates, so we'll be enjoying this for a while.

I'm in heaven, I'm in heaven. . . [Party]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Space Opera, I'm so happy it arrived at last ! I was worried it would have been lost or something. And I'm very happy the gifts pleased you, especially the scarf - I tired to choose from the picture of you I had, but it's always complicated to choose these things for someone else ! I feel like all this Hatrack exchange made a wave of joy and happiness all around the world and it's really wonderful !

[ December 21, 2004, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
It's fun this story of gifts ! Good Idea. I'm sorry to arrive here and read this topic too late, else I could take part...
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
My victim should have theirs any day.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

Yayy!! I'm so happy you got it! I was agonizing over what to write on the customs form because I knew what you'd said about candy not actually making it there, but I just couldn't think of anything else to call it. I'm so glad it didn't make a difference -- as for wrapping the presents, I *had* to do that -- they were for Christmas, and Christmas presents should be wrapped. The Bugs Bunny paper was my son's suggestion.

I meant to mention on the card...the aplets and cotlets almost didn't make it into the box, because they're my husband's favorites and I'd forgotten to tell him about my planned Hatrack adventure in sending gifts to Sri Lanka. I got him his own box, and yours made it out safe and sound. [Smile]

I'm so happy you got it intact. Merry Christmas!

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...it seems that my victim has not yet recieved their present. [Frown]

Though, I've not received one yet, either, so it's alright, I won't worry yet. [Smile]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeniwren, please tell your son that his choice of wrapping paper was my favorite. [Big Grin] It was so cool to have everything wrapped. It was so much fun!

Fahim unwraps things carefully enough that he could reuse the wrapping paper. It's what people here do, you see. But me? I'm a total ripper! Shred the stuff! It's in my way! I want the present now and anything that's in my way gets destroyed! Well, maybe not quite like that, but pretty close. . . [Wink]

I'm looking forward to trying everything. I've never had Ghirerdelli chocolate anything before, so this ought to be interesting. I'd only ever bought the cheapest chocolate chips (except for one time that I bought chocolate flavored chips, but that's a whole other story involving talcum powder cookies . . . [ROFL] And we won't get into that now!) So the really good chocolate chips ought to be interesting. Now to decide how I'm going to use them . . .

Jeniwren, you are the coolest! [Kiss] Thank you thank you thank you and thank you [Kiss]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Thank you, Maui Babe! [Smile] I got your present today, and quite enjoyed the vacation. *grin* Although I must admit that at first I thought, "Gee, that's the grainiest POG I've ever seen." *blush*
katharina
Member # 827

Imogen, I know that yours is on it's way.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Miss Procrastination, the Supreme Wibbler (that'd be me) finally got her gift exchange present mailed out to her victim yesterday. [Roll Eyes] Well, it beats mid-January, which is when I sent out last year's gift. I mailed it Priority Mail, so it should arrive in time for Christmas.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Vana and Lime, yours should be there any day now. It was supposed to be there Friday, but I guess things are delayed around Christmas. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

I got a package! I got a package! I got a--

. . . wait a second . . .

Rats. It's just the sock holders I ordered. [Razz]

*hums* Something's coming, don't know when
But it's soon . . .

Something's coming, something good
If I can wait.

I don't know what it is
But it is
Gonna be great!

Come on - deliver!
[Wink]

maybe tonight . . .

maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
TomD [Wave]

I'm glad you finally got it... my girls and I had a good time putting it all together. They were especially happy about going to the beach to get the sand. We don't go often enough. We didn't stay for long - just long enough to fill a cup with sand and get our feet wet, but it was revitalizing nonetheless.

Are you familiar with POG? I thought it was a local product.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
rivka I just did the same thing!
except it was an unexpected gift from my brother in Cali.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Katharina, it arrived!

[Kiss]

I was having a pretty bad morning and then a van pulled into my driveway! And beeped! And a package for me came out of it! Covered with about a billion layers of sticky tape! (I had to resort to a knife in the end to get it open).

It's perfect. I love the brooch. [Big Grin] The barbeque book looks nummy and the other books looks really interesting (I suspect Tony may steal it from me for the first read...). And the postcards! (Don't mess with Texas [Big Grin] ) And the chocolate!

Thank-you so much. It really cheered me up and I needed some cheering up badly. I owe you big time.

[Kiss]

[ December 22, 2004, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
And I want to throw my own thanks your way as well - even though the present was intended for Imogen, I suspect I might get to try a *tiny* bit of chocolate [Big Grin]

We both needed cheering up this morning and your gift helped immensely...

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do [Wink]

Thanks heaps Katharina
tony

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, now I'm getting frustrated.... I mailed mine ten days ago and my recipient still hasn't posted to say it's been received. =( It was only a card-sized envelope, not a big box, so you'd think there wouldn't be anything to tempt a greedy postal worker...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I admit. At first I didn't get it. In fact, even though I was amused, I was a little bit baffled. There was no way, I thought, for mack to know the crazy jones I had for firefighters as a result of an obscure Japanese comic.

I didn't get it... Not until about 2:10, when I was writing in my journal. Here is an excerpt, verbatim except for a little French correction.

"...I got my secret santa package from Jamie, it was a fire truck and fire truck kids book. It's cute, not what I was expecting and a little disap........ I JUST F**KING GOT IT. Damn am I stupid!! It was a fire truck to remind me of the fire trucks at KamaCon and When I said she was lying and Oh man that's awesome. She's totally the BEST. (sigh) Yeah, awesome..."

[Smile] Man am I an idiot. [Smile] ^_^ But now an amused idiot. ^_^ Thank you so much Jamie. Even though I was a little slow on the uptake, it made my day.

Edit: Oh, also. --|-- [Razz]

[ December 23, 2004, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*delighted* I'm so glad you like it. [Smile]

The brooch, I must tell you, comes from my co-worker. I told them I was preparing a Texas package for someone in Australia and she brought it to my office to include.

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, we got our present yesterday!! Oh, it's just wonderful! Thank you so much. [Big Grin]

It was such a wonderful suprise to get a package from Poland! And such gifts! She sent us a pair of slippers each, as well as a tiny pair (which she insisted in her letter is not a hint, but I have my doubts [Wink] ), a pair of mittens (I wore them all night last night and again this morning), two pairs of socks, and a little stuffed lamb (another reason I doubt her "it's not a hint" line [Big Grin] ). Everything except the lamb was handmade in southern Poland! They're so wonderful. Thank you so much, Kama!

Oh! I can't believe I almost forgot, the very nicest part - she also included traditional wafers to eat on Christmas Eve, I think, I'll have to check the letter again, and explained that the family all eat it together and forgive any hurts of the last year. She even kept a piece so she can share with us! How wonderful is that?

Kama, again, thank you so much. We just love everything. Happy December and Merry Christmas to you!

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Okay, now I'm getting frustrated.... I mailed mine ten days ago and my recipient still hasn't posted to say it's been received.
me too Goody... [Frown]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
xnera -- I got it! Thanks!! [Smile]

I'm gonna wait to Xmas to open it though -- it's just a couple days, I can wait that long.

I think.

*shakes package*

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I'm glad the post office came through and delivered it within the two days like they were supposed to. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, I'm way glad you liked my gift (I really love the silver/ab black beads, they go great with just about anything [Big Grin] ).

But I noticed when I was at the Post Office ready to send them off that I made one of the loops a little too small, making it possible for the silver beads to fall off [Embarrassed] .

It's relatively easy to fix with some roundnose pliers, if you or anyone you know is crafty and has a pair. [Smile]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

[Hat]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

aw, Dragon, I did! I promise...I think I must have done it on the gift exchange thread instead of here, and if so, I'm sorry!

I got it a while back and was so touched. The picture you did of Christian is wonderful. I've got it in my pile of lovely things that will eventually be put into his scrapbook. And the kitten book is perfect -- my daughter's favorite little playmate is my best friend's new kitten Princess. And she loves stickers. Loves them. So I'm saving the book for Christmas day to enjoy with her.

Thank you so much for the time and thoughtfulness you put into your gifts! I was very touched. (((Dragon)))

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Okay, it's Christmas Eve Eve, and I still haven't heard from my recipient despite the fact that I sent the gift out weeks ago.

Is it there?

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still awaiting my gift and I really need a pick-me-up right now.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.