FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny)
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Now we're up to the ninth page of this?
One more reason I love Hatrack.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I take it you are referring to chafing from stimulation other than penile-vaginal intercourse, yes?
Nope - wasn't referring to a different activity, and wasn't referring to chafing.

Noemon covered the basics of the situation.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent a fair amount of time, even into my teens, by the ponds near our house. I got pretty good at catching frogs. They liked to sit on the grassy edge sunning themselves. I would circle the pond carefully, and as I approached, each frog would "squeak" and jump into the water. Sometimes I could get them before the jumped, but usually I caught them in the shallow, algae-thick water right by the edge.

One day I found an especially wonderful prize--a garter snake. I tried to take it home. I don't know if it was a defense mechanism or what, but the most horrid smell erupted from that thing! It has to be one of the most foul things I have ever had the misfortune of of experiencing. But if that wasn't enough, the thing then bit me. I put it down after that. [Frown]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Did you get the shot? Otherwise you could turn into a weresnake at any time. [Angst]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
LOl, I can't count the number of garter snakes I've captured with my dad [Big Grin] You find a two pronged stick and then pin it down just behind the head, and then pick up from the same spot. It can't bite you from there, nor can the smelly goo it releases get you either. And the smell isn't really all THAT bad. [Wink]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Weirdest.

Thread.

EVER. [Razz]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread needs fewer snakes (shudder) and more bras and panties.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

How 'bout snakeskin bras and panties?

AK, you really are the Goddess of Nature, aren't you? [Wink]

[ December 18, 2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Personally I'm happy talking about reptiles... *was an expert snake, frog, and lizard catcher back in the day... like a year ago [Razz] *
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hrm. Instead of snakeskin, I vote for leopard skin.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
O-kayyyyy . . . not quite sure how we got from talking about bras and panties to talking about childhood romps in woods. Those are two subjects that I, for one, usually don't associate with each other. Oddly, it kind of feels like trying to steer the conversation back to bras and panties would qualify as a derailment.

So instead, I'll just say that I grew up right across the street from a woodsy, swampy sort of area. But I didn't start exploring it until I was a teenager. As a child, I mostly just stayed indoors, reading or playing video games. My reasoning was, the less time I spent outside, the lower my chances of being crawled on by some vile creature or getting hurt on some sinister natural object like a tree or a rock. I've always had a strong aversion to pain. To this day, I've never climbed a tree because of the fear that I'd fall out. So yeah, it was books and video games for me. What can I say? I'm a child of the '80s. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul just wants to eliminate all the other snakes...er...men.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, next thing, this thread is going to turn into a discussion of snake size.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm told that every guy measures, at least once in his life.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I hear that the size of the tank the snake should have similar dimensions to the snake itself, but that it really doesn't matter how big the snake is, in the long run.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I wouldn't know...yet.

[ December 18, 2004, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: mackillian ]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
AK, you really are the Goddess of Nature, aren't you?
What's funny is that I live smack in the middle of a large metropolitan area of about a million people. I'm in a patch of suburbia that's only about 15 minutes from town. Oddly enough, though, there is a long swath of woodlands that stretches for miles across the top of Red Mountain, of which my wooded backyard forms a part.

I just love the animals, though, so I encourage them to come around by feeding them. I would love to be like Beorn and live surrounded by the animals of various species whom I have befriended.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

T,
We have a bobcat who regularly comes in through our cat window. His name is "Bob." (original, eh?)

Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Eek!]

Cougars are moving back into the midwest. They expect them to be reestablished on the East coast in a few years.

Dagonee

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Dag, a mountain lion in rural NE KS nearly killed a dog that I'm friends with a few years ago, and there have been multiple sightings of mountain lions in some of the undeveloped parts of Lawrence, KS. The state continues to deny that they're there, but when you can find their tracks, their scat, see them run across the road in front of your car, and have one maul a neighborhood dog, there is no question that they're there.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Generally speaking, states won't say an animal is there until they capture one in the state.
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
After years of not knowing what bra size to wear, I finally broke down and got sized by a lady at Dillard's. She told me I was a 36B, though I still own several 34C and 34B bras that fit me just fine. Do bra sizes vary by manufacturer, as pants and shirts often do? (If this was discussed already I must have missed it...sorry!)

Some of the discussion earlier about sexy lingerie...I can't really explain why wearing sexy underwear gives me a boost of confidence. I know no one is going to see it (for now, at least [Razz] ), but I still enjoy wearing it. I'm pretty sure my mom thinks I must be having lots of sex, for all the hot undies I bring home to wash. I've tried explaining to her, but she just doesn't seem to get it...

I can relate to a lot of what has been said on here, but...I know too many people who read this forum, so I'm hesitant to post intimate details about my sex life. Thanks to all who HAVE posted, though - it shows me that I'm not alone on certain things that I've never asked anyone about before. [Smile]

Oh, and I like snakes, too. I've been bitten countless times. I've been a tomboy all my life, and grew up catching snakes, lizards, tadpoles, bugs, etc. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

" I've tried explaining to her, but she just doesn't seem to get it."

Well, she might get it, but be uncomfortable anyways? I don't know how reasonable or paranoid your mother is, so hard to say.

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
How many dobies has this thread experienced?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
As of the moment I make this post, there haven't been any dobies of this thread.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

And there shouldn't be. heh.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bras, common men. Nver a dobie.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I read the first two or three pages of this thread and then said to myself, "Hell, I'll just skip to the end and see all the recent stuff."

I wish I could have had a camera nearby to take photos of the look of such utter profound bewliderment. I haven't been so deeply confused since the time my friend try to explain the concept of cold fusion to me while we were both drunk (not that that made a difference - I still would not have understood).

There are numerous ways to measure bra sizes. For instance, one way that I find works is to have numerous women just go through a box of them trying them on while german techno music pounds through speakers the size of Buicks with lights strobing and everything while I sit in a nearby lawn chair with an airhorn close at hand and drink beer. I believe they do this at some Dillards.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

quote:
I wish I could have had a camera nearby to take photos of the look of such utter profound bewliderment. I haven't been so deeply confused since the time my friend try to explain the concept of cold fusion to me while we were both drunk (not that that made a difference - I still would not have understood).
Oh don't worry. I've been following this thread for almost the entire time and that look has crossed my face several times. This has got to be the crazziest thread I've ever read on any board... and I've read some weird ones.
mackillian
Member # 586

dingle.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Er, to go back a few pages, I wear a 36B quite comfortably. The ladies at VS tell me I measure as a 36C, but the bras that size don't fell at all like they fit. My own tape measure (the one living in my purse), following the measurement steps on the VS site, reads 38C. What the heck?!? Do I have some serious spinal curvature issue or something?

AJ, make me put on a 36C and then confirm to these people that it's just not right.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
not quite sure how we got from talking about bras and panties to talking about childhood romps in woods.
You've never had a "romp" in the woods involving bras and panties? Oh my - you're missing out!

That said -- the mosquitoes can be killers

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

As can burrs, sharp twigs, etc. I recommend a blanket, just for comfort's sake. Of course, the spontaneity of hot-makeout-sex in the woods is part of the appeal, so a blanket may not always be at hand when it occurs.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, Noemon.....sometimes you and I think alike so much that it is just......well....hot.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Big Grin]
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

I tried once, actually, back in high school. My girlfriend wouldn't go for it. She was a real spoilsport. [Frown]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

I've had that problem twice now. heh. first time "ugh there's sticks on the ground."

Second time

"What if someone sees us?"

I need a new plan.

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why you let her suggest it.

[Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL]
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was dating my wife we hiked to the top of a waterfall in a nearby canyon and we spent hours lying in the sun with our heads hanging over the edge of a large, flat rock, watching the water. It was one of the most blissful times that we've ever spent together, but whenever I call that occasion to remembrance, my wife always mentions the indentations in that flat rock that fit her boobs perfectly.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

quote:
That's why you let her suggest it.
But then nothing will ever happen!
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Then you're dating the wrong girls [Wink]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
I've had that problem twice now. heh. first time "ugh there's sticks on the ground."
There are many ways to make the ground a non-issue.
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

I am aware of that [Razz]
mackillian
Member # 586

Seriously guys, stop making me laugh so hard. [Smile]
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is udderly twisted.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

And of course, you could always gallantly volunteer to be the one on the ground Paul.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
But there's still the problem of rocks and/or twigs where the knees/legs/elbows/arms are - depending on what position you're talking about, of course. [Big Grin]

But alas, I'm one of those who would put a damper on this. Not in public for me. No way. [Frown]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly can't tell if that was a pun, Yozhik.
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Definitely a pun Zotto.

But if you pick the right stretch of woods, quidscribs, it's not really public.

Of course, if the woods are on a hill overlooking a lake, you have to keep in mind that you may be visible from the water.

...not that the guys in the boat seemed to mind the show. First time I ever had my sexual performance physically applauded, I have to say.

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.