FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Morbid Christmas

Author Topic: Morbid Christmas
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
So here at BYU-Idaho, there are two methods of deocrating for Christmas; there's the female way and the male way. Women tend to go all out and decorate the snot out of their apartments. Guys...Don't do squat. And if guy ever does decorate the apartment, there's usually something funny and/or morbid about said decoration. Which brings me to my next door neighbors. Having to do my laundry I walked past their apartment and absentmindedly looked into their window. I stopped, because what I saw was both funny and morbid. They had decorated their living room with a single string of Christmas lights strung across the roof, towards the middle of the room. They left about 2 feet of lights extra to dangle down from the roof. Having thus decorated, they chose to wrap the excess Christmas lights around the neck of a stuffed reindeer. They then typed out a note of festive paper that read, "The others wouldn't play with me. - Rudolf"
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I so want to meet your neighbors now.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Bwahahahha! Sick, but I love it.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Now you've done it!
I can't die happy until I see this!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] Boys...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
We have an all-male residence.

My roomate and I are walking back from dinner and she says "look!" Someone has made very elaborate paper cut-out snowflakes and stuck them in the window. We stop to admire them. Suddenly she says "but this is the all-male residence!"

It never occured to me that this would be a barrier to artistic decoration but she spent all night speculating on whether it was a resident who had done it or a resident's girlfriend.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Which brings me to my next door neighbors. Having to do my laundry I walked past their apartment and absentmindedly looked into their window. I stopped, because what I saw was both funny and morbid. They had decorated their living room with a single string of Christmas lights strung across the roof, towards the middle of the room. They left about 2 feet of lights extra to dangle down from the roof. Having thus decorated, they chose to wrap the excess Christmas lights around the neck of a stuffed reindeer. They then typed out a note of festive paper that read, "The others wouldn't play with me. - Rudolf"
[ROFL]

I hate to think what this says about me, but I would so get along with whoever it was who had that idea. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol...me too!
Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

- posted      Profile for Samuel Bush           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

About two hours ago I saw a pickup with a two-feet tall Santa doll attached to the grill and hood like he had just got clobbered and was hanging onto the truck for dear life. I didn't see the driver because I was trying to keep control of my car while laughing. But I would be willing to bet he was a guy of the male gender.

And speaking of morbid, a couple of days ago I saw a Christmas card in a Target store. The card had a picture of a reindeer sitting in a chair in a study-like room with a rifle leaning against the wall and a bunch of reindeer heads mounted on the wall with tags of "Donner", "Blitzen", etc. The caption read, "All of the other reindeer USED to laugh and call him names."

Needless to say, I almost colapsed.

Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see the humor in it. [Dont Know] But I will give credit to the guys; it was creative.
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there is some gender seperation in holiday decorations. I love snowflakes. And gingerbread houses. And all of that other wonderful stuff that you only get to do once a year. And my boyfriend has nothing to do with it, other than being amused at my gusto, and sometimes being creative when asked. He made a snowflake, although just one, and only after much coercing.

My brother also isn't into holiday decorating as much as I am. So I guess it could be a gender thing. Or maybe it only affects men of a certain age, once they are old enough they realize that its okay to do stuff like that.

Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I love decorating for the holidays and I'm a guy. I'll admit that I'm only really interested in christmas lights, though.

I also don't decorate my room. It's too much to deal with when living in an oversized closet (aka dorm room).

[ December 15, 2004, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: WheatPuppet ]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My roomate and I are walking back from dinner and she says "look!" Someone has made very elaborate paper cut-out snowflakes and stuck them in the window. We stop to admire them. Suddenly she says "but this is the all-male residence!"
This sort of thing really bothers me. I know lots of females who know nothing about art, or fashion, or who love drinking beer and watching football, or who love to go hunting, or who belch openly in public, or who don't match any of a variety of other traditional "feminine" stereotypes. And nobody thinks them any less female. So why should it be such a shock to people that there are males who do not fit the traditional "masculine" stereotypes? Why do people think a bloke is less of a man if he likes arts & crafts, or hates sports, or whatever? Machismo is severely overrated, if you ask me.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Not me...*belch*
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.