FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *I have cooties*

Author Topic: *I have cooties*
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
*approaches other Hatrack members, who run away in attempt to avoid cooties*
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Angst] [Eek!]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*circle circle dot dot now I have my cootie shot*

Do you worst.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
We call them ukus here... [Taunt]
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a permanent cootie shot when I was 9, and a booster just the other year, just to make sure. Do your worst, cootie-spreader.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
*Ostentatiously ignores kiddie games. Uses word 'puerile'. Feels smug and superior.*
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You do that. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*Ostentatiously ignores kiddie games. Uses word 'puerile'. Feels smug and superior.*
I lost you.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
("puerile" means childish)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
(It was a joke in my senior high school year. The boys would act up, the girls would look on and comment 'puerile'. It was fun.)
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are The King Of Men. That makes you, ahem, immature. According to what you say.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*I have cooties*
Of course you do. You're a boy, aren't you? I thought the whole boy/cootie thing went without saying.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, snap.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Kayla, you're an absolute charmer! [Roll Eyes]
Yozhik
Member # 89

quote:
Of course you do. You're a boy, aren't you?
What makes you think THAT? [Confused]
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] I thought you was a boy....
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

How come? [Smile]
Kayla
Member # 2403

Yozhik sounds masculine. Not girly. Yozhika might made me wonder, but I just thought you were a boy. Especially since you have cooties.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it the Mountain Dew Volcano thing again? [ROFL]

Dude, Yozh, see? I'm not the only one!

[ December 16, 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

That and you are a hedgehog. I figured you [edit, thanks Jonathan] (were) based on the 1975 movie Yozhik v tumane (Hedgehog in the fog) and that hedgehog was a boy.

[ December 16, 2004, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

"Were".

There you go, Kayla. In regard to my other post.

beverly
Member # 6246

I dunno why. I just find it helpful to think of someone as either male or female, and on a forum I make a snap decision early on which one and tend to stick with it until I suddenly find I am wrong. Dunno what cued me off in this particular situation.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Not a boy.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Whoah! Beren is 100% more Asian than I thought he was!
beverly
Member # 6246

Yup. Definitely female.

If these conversations were IRL, we wouldn't be having these little misconceptions. [Smile]

(Talking about Yohzik and not Beren. And I have said this before, but I will say this again, Beren is one hansome guy.)

[ December 16, 2004, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Kayla
Member # 2403

Whoa! Stop blowing my perceptions of people saxy! Sorry Yozhik. You are cute, but definitely not a guy. Beren, on the other hand, is a hottie. Now, if only I could remember if I've ever flirted with either him or Bok.

No more pictures! It makes y'all too real you're all the same computer that has been programed for my amusement!

beverly
Member # 6246

[taunt] Beren is a hottie... Beren is a hottie... hottie... hottie... hottie hottie wottie.... [/taunt]
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
All boys have cooties.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
*Waiting for Ralphie to do a dobie of this thread*
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Looks like Ralphie was beaten to it.
Kayla
Member # 2403

Man, punwit, you snooze, you lose.

Much like me and this post.

::shakes fist at KQ::

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Boys don't have cooties, unless they get them from girls, who AUTOMATICALLY have cooties, just by being girls.

Don't you know ANYTHING?

puerile after all....

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*Waiting for Ralphie to do a dobie of this thread*
Oh, c'mon. I don't make dobies.

In my opinion, only Dob[b]ie has a right to make dobies. And that's only because he's a freakin genius, and therefore has creative license.

jehovoid also can do no wrong, and for the same reason. Sometimes I consider putting Scott R in this catagory.

[ December 16, 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

Wow, that's an old photo. The puppy is now eight and a half years old.

Here's a photo I like better (though it's even older--1996 I think): At the Moscow Museum of Cosmonautics

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Crud. I thought I was on that list, Ralphie. Now I don't know if I got bumped, or if I've always been deluded. And I'm not sure which of those I'd want it to be (or that I wish to know either way).

And I was having a decent evening.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Moose - I endeavor to be on your list.

You're too far out of my league to be on any of my lists.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
1. I don't think I believe you.
2. You're on my list. The good one, even. Of course, you're on the naughty one, too.
3. You're way wrong about the second part.
4. Thanks for saying it anyway. Warms my cockles.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Warms my cockles.
[Eek!] In public?!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

I've deen dobied TWICE!!

*feels warm and fuzzy*

This is almost as good as the cosmonaut suit.

[ December 17, 2004, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: Yozhik ]

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had REAL cooties before. Did you know that it's fun to pop nits between your thumbnails?
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

I'm glad I never had real cooties.

(I started this thread in a bout of self-pity as a speculation on the reason why nobody seemed to be responding to my posts. It made me feel better. So did eating an entire box of chocolate caramel peanut clusters that my spouse got as a present from his students.)

Yozhik
Member # 89

And I forgot to mention...

quote:
Was it the Mountain Dew Volcano thing again?
aka, I think you're the only one left here who remembers the Mountain Dew volcano. By the way, did you try it out yourself? Have you ever shown anyone how to do it?
mackillian
Member # 586

There are REAL cooties?!
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. The term originally referred to lice.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I were on one of Ralphie's lists . . . [Grumble]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a special cootie repelent formula if anyone needs it. I remember the formula I had from the first grade...keeps the cooties away! [The Wave]

[ December 19, 2004, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: RackhamsRazor ]

Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Yozh, no I've never tried it, nor told anyone how to do it. I'm not sure I remember the exact recipe except it contained large amounts of pepper. I just remember that long ago thread about gender, in which I got yours wrong as well as Cary Bass's. And both of you were posting lists of your traits from which we were supposed to figure it out. Also I remember the pictures of you and your spouse in Russia, which left us wondering which was you and which was your spouse. You had us all going for a while there. I totally thought you were a guy for donkeys' ages. <laughs>
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

I know. I did it on purpose. [Evil]

Would you like to have the recipe for making a volcano out of Mountain Dew, pepper, and a bit of salt?

By the way, as somebody suggested earlier, the name does come from "Yozhik v tumane." I have a thing about hedgehogs. A hedgehog is "yozh" or "yozhik" in Russian. The feminine form is "yezhikha," but I like the sound of "yozhik" better.

By the way, a little baby hedgehog is "yezhonok."
(yeh-ZHOH-nock)

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Yes, I believe hatrack needs to know this recipe. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.