FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who poisoned the well at Hatrack? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Who poisoned the well at Hatrack?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Unsure if Pat is kidding.> It's CT.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Earlier today as I was wrestling with the decision to come back, I thought of asking you what all happened that made you change.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Following in my footsteps.

**sniffs**

How are ya, girl?

I'd ask Moose, but he always seems to know what I'm up to.

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Earlier today as I was wrestling with the decision to come back, I thought of asking you what all happened that made you change.
(me?)

quote:
Ah. Following in my footsteps.

**sniffs**

Yep. [Smile]

quote:
How are ya, girl?
Good. Keeping busy, doing a lot of thinking, likely moving to Canada next Fall with my husband. We're both sending out feelers for work, and I'll take the Canadian licensing exams in Spring and Summer.

What's up with you?

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Emily Milner had a few paragraphs in this month's Ensign, in the article about parents coming to live with their children, and how to make it work. Did anyone else see that? She's so great! What a sweet girl!

It's wonderful how old hatrackers come back and say hi. Lara Gale, who was La on the old BML forum was even back for a while last month.

I was wondering about Coil of the backwards smilies a few days ago. Remember him? And where has Ethics Gradient been lately? I miss him! Does he still lurk?

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

I've turned into a capitalist pig.

Started a magazine. Doing HR for a startup company. Anything but newspaper journalism.

[Smile]

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for Emily!

I think EG is hanging out with pYx. *grin

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

quote:
Started a magazine.
Which? Where can I find it?

(*going out for lunch, will be back in a bit)

Pat [Kiss] [Blushing]

Pat
Member # 879

Our website is www.freecapitalist.com, but we haven't updated it for two days. We're working out some kinks n stuff. Keep in mind, however that this is the online version and is very different from our printed magazine.

It's a magazine that focuses on capitalistic principles to attain self reliance, financial freedom and economic independence. It's the official magazine of the FrankinSquires companies.

It's not for everyone. It leans right. A lot. But it has it's niche and I'm in charge of building it.

Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you are really moving to Canada. I'm proud of you, but a little sad- not really sure why.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
CT!!! Yay!

*hugs for CT*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Myr is busy with school, but is still around a bit.

JK just posted last week, I hope to see him back more often in the future.

Ela is around, but not as much as before, and her daughter JaneX is at Smith College.....we had dinner at the beginning ofthe school year, along with sarahindipity. I am sure that school is the main reason she has been busy as well.

Kwea

[ December 22, 2004, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't seen Shlomo in some time. Bonduca and...what's her partner's name? The guy who always gives fashion advice? Anyway, they've been gone for ages, although the male half of that couple (Jeffry Getzin, maybe?) did return for a few weeks at one point. Surveyor1 has been gone for ages.

Pat, David, did you hear that Centurion died? Leukemia, I believe.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I wholeheartedly support Icarus in his condemnation of idiots.

And Pat is posting here again, I see.

(leave for a few days and see what happens?) [Grumble]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I love about Hatrack?

You read the first page of a thread like this. It is actually very serious, with some interesting comments, and you plan your own response.

Then you skip to the last page. Most of what you see are now emoticons. People are remniscing and joking around. Your post dissolves from your mind and you grin and laugh.

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it all comes down to this:

Hatrack survives and thrives. Folks come in and make a mess and we all get flustered about it. Then we all get a big mad going and get together in a thread like this to talk it over and hash it out.

Somewhere along the way, we remember how much we all like chatting more than complaining about the new problem posters and voila`! We've forgotten the problem.

Which, in the end, is the best way to handle the trolls of the world. Remind yourself that they are just make believe and get back to the people you care about.

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread reminds me of those final episodes of sitcoms where they bring back all the main characters that have gone on to movies and pantyhose commercials for one last hurrah.

Should we all be nervous?

(It's really bugging me that I'm now thinking of Full House.)

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Thinking of Full House?

It is all your fault then, and you deserve it.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
This post went into the wrong thread. Please pardon the interuption.

[ December 22, 2004, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, no. [ROFL]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, wait just a minute...

Sara Sasse and CT are the same person???

huh, and I thought SS was sucked in to fill the cozmic void left by CT.

(((SS and CT, who are the same person. Hopefully [Big Grin] )))

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they are one and the same. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And we know this because they've never been seen in the same place at precisely the same time!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
That, plus they both wear the cape. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I think I caught her changing in a phone booth once, but I'm not positive.

She looks good even without the cape.... [Evil]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! Some of the old-timers are back! I'm glad to see all of you.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I count as an old timer? I was gone for a year and, um, three months, and now I'm back. Does that count?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

No.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Oh. *hangs head in shame. walks away*
rivka
Member # 4859

pfffft! Don't listen to Kwea!

You were and oldbie to me when I was new, and then you left, and now you're back. So I say yes! [Big Grin]

(((((quid)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Rivka, I don't get it. [Dont Know] Your date joined is March 2003. Mine is April 2003. How does that make an oldbie when you were new?

Or are we back into my chaos time thread? [Dont Know]

rivka
Member # 4859

[Confused]

Ok, maybe I just thought you were an oldbie in what, May of 2003?

The thing is, I joined in March, posted twice, and then didn't return until sometime in May. (And y'all haven't been able to get rid of me for long since. [Big Grin] ) So those who joined between my March join date and early May probably seemed to me about the same as those who'd been around for ages prior.

[Dont Know]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been here since 1999. Holy crap I feel old.

And the OLDER ones..."A Long Time Ago"

o_O

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*pat pat*

That's ok, mack. You feel old because you are old.

*dodges cane*

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel stupid. I was just wondering where someone had gone, and I spent quite some time thinking about them. Now I get to this thread and I can't for the life of me remember who it was. All I remember is assuming that they'd gone over to Gremne at some point during the mass exodus over there.

EDIT: I just remembered, it was Jon Boy, I was thinking about him because his thread was bumped. Does anyone know what happened to him?

[ December 27, 2004, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: blacwolve ]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Jon Boy started a forum of his own.

[ December 27, 2004, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy was, IMO, the original prolific newbie. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, that's how I remember his start too.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

There was a mass exodus? [Dont Know]
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, within your time, too. When GrenMe, sakeriver, and (I'm guessing) galacticcactus became the forum-of-choice for many regulars. I'm guessing that was during this past spring, no? I wanna say around... april/may?

I left at the same time, but came back several months later.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say T_Smith was the original. With his 1000 posts in one month, as I recall he and Mae were neck to neck for the honor.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the original prolific newbie
This honor clearly belongs to Maethoriel (sp?).

She even started a landmark thread within a week or so of joining!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I'm holding relatively steady at about 1,000 post per annum. [Razz] At this rate I'll break 10k in 2010.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Just remember mack, I'll always be that smidge older than you [Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the ORIGINAL prolific newbie was Chaeron. Like so many of those prolific newbie types, he peaked early, though, and after his initial flash-in-the-pan, is down to a steady candle flicker.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I just wannabe the first on the next page. [Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Yer a wannabe alright . . .

[Razz]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.