FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A bit of computer help desired..

Author Topic: A bit of computer help desired..
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Why did all the fonts on my computer suddenly get HUGE.
Well, it's not the whole computer, it's just most internet pages. Including this hatrack one. Eeek. It's terrible.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyle Katarn
Member # 3567

- posted      Profile for Kyle Katarn   Email Kyle Katarn         Edit/Delete Post 
IE? View - Text Size - Medium is the typical selection, see what you have. For other browsers, should have a similar setting.
Posts: 85 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
View -> Text Size

You might have used a scroll wheel with the control key hit or something.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
If you arte using Firefox, It's prbably because you used shifht- or alt- or control- mouse-wheel (I forget which of these it is). Try holding one of these keys down, and spinning the mouse-wheel forward or back until it's back to your usual font size.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

okay, that worked. it changed it momentarily, but it keeps changing back. ex: when i clicked to view this thread, it changed. and when i clicked to post a reply on this thread, the replies of other people got bigger [Dont Know]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Tater, we had the same question. Bok, you are, as always, a font of knowledge. I knew I'd hit something on the keyboard by accident, but I didn't know what. Thanks from me, too.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

ahhh, thanks a million.
You know, I've never even heard of such a thing!
Where'd you guys get those smarts?

Tater
Member # 7035

okay, it still makes the links huge.
should i just get used to that?

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
If you close the browser and re-open, it will probably stop. Just make sure the settings are correct before you do that.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.