FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am so spoiled

Author Topic: I am so spoiled
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
So Bob is in the dining room wrapping and packing boxes that have to get to the post office before it closes at 11am. My family is arriving in three hours, and we have cleaning to do and presents to wrap. I’m in the office reading Hatrack. I hear footsteps. I think he’s going to ever so gently suggest that I might want to drag myself away from the computer and start helping.

He deposits hot chocolate with peppermint on my desk, kisses me, and goes back to wrapping. [Big Grin]

I’m gonna go help now.
(Darned effective psychology degree he's got.)

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*sighs romantically*
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw. . . how sweet . . . I'd be jealous if I didn't have someone at least as wonderful as Bob. Aren't the good ones just terrific? [Kiss]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana,
He just wants to build up guilt so you'll drive him home the five blocks. ha ha.
We are lucky. I, too, am reading Hatrack while Steve makes piles of presents, goes shopping, and cleans the house. I can't get up and help much, though I want to.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww....

She didn't mention that it is 4 degrees outside and I'm going to brave the cold to take said presents to said Post Office.

And that we're not sure why the vaccuum cleaner works at the repair place and doesn't work here in the house. Must have European plugs or something.

Enjoy your hot chocolate, darling Dana.

I shall return. Look for the Bobsicle and let him in when you no longer see signs of life.

By the way...I'm spoiled. Dana is cooking!

Yum!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, we haven't left yet. You can keep goofing off another couple hours, easy.

Why no, it doesn't run in the family...

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

This is why I was so overjoyed to know you two were getting together. I could see where it would lead.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

What music are you listening to? Must have the full picture here.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so...cool.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwwww........
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Update: Giant orange countertop is cleared. Dining room table is cleared.

Living room...well...not cleared.

But the tree has presents under it, and dkw hung up the cards over the doorway.

Ah...it's Christmas!

[Big Grin]

[Kiss] dkw

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Music playing?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Mannheim Steamroller. What else?

I'm thinking a little Leon Redbone Christmas album would be nice.

Or maybe my "Blues at Christmas" collection. Nah...too upbeat. :-)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.