FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Silly people. Who cares if Santa exists?

Author Topic: Silly people. Who cares if Santa exists?
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Gifts are brought on Christmas Eve by baby angels, so who needs Santa anyway?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
:: shakes head :: those Polish people sure have some unique beliefs.....
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

How does Santa get into your house if you have no fireplace? Angels are spirits, and so they can freely move *through* the wall, open the window from inside, bring in the presents, close the window and get out through the wall again.

[ December 24, 2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
So what you're saying is . . . all those gifts were really brought by the Ghost of Christmas Presents? Coooool.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
If they can drift through walls it means that they don't interact with the phsycial world, or rather, that their bodies wont stop on contact with a physical barrier, however, the same goes for the physical barrier, and thus it's impossible for them to carry, since it would just slip through their hands. Now you might say they can turn it on and off but it still begs the question, what about while they're going through the wall? How does the present get through that?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
When my Dad was little, he decided that Santa must come through the radio (my father is on the old side of things, so this was before TV was common)
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Santa is a fairy spirit. Why else do you think people leave him milk and a flour product to lure him to their house?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, she explained that. She said they unlatch the windows and bring the presents through that way.

Saudade told me that the three wise men traveled from Africa and arrived on epiphany (the 12th day of Christmas) and bought gifts. I guess Santa worked out a deal with them to cover Spain or something. She said they would write notes in answer to her letters like, "Dear Saudade, The Easy Bake Oven you wanted fell off the camel in Ethiopia, but we've left you something we hope you'll like even more."

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why else do you think people leave him milk and a flour product to lure him to their house?
We always leave Sherry.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Angels bring presents for free [Smile]
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
My family is jewish, so Christmas is a non-issue anyway, but there is a Russian holiday that we celebrate on the new year. We get a New Years Tree(x-mas tree) and put presents under it and the story goes that an old fat man in some sort of suit called 'Dyed Moroz'(father winter(or to be completely acurate father cold or freezing, can't remember the exact translation)) comes around and gives presents to the children. Fun stuff.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Angels bring presents for free
Shows what you know - angels take part of your soul every time you open a gift from them!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
In my old neighborhood on Christmas Eve, Santa used to just break into your house through the window and take your stereo. And when I say Christmas Eve, I mean about once a month. And when I say Santa, I mean Valdez, the Puerto Rican guy who hung out by the docks. Good ol' Valdez. The holiday season just isn't the same without you.

[ December 24, 2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Santa comes in like every burglar, through the window.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Los Reyes Magos come on the sixth of January. (We had a thread about it here, albeit in Spanish.)

The sixth of January . . .

. . . after all the After Christmas Sales . . .

. . . the sixth of January . . .

[Smile]

[ December 25, 2004, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
three days before my birthday.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.