FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » X-mas loot... so, what'd you get? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: X-mas loot... so, what'd you get?
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
For christmas I received the following:

1. Car-hart coveralls
2. a t-shirt that says, "I have no idea what's going on"
3. 7 king sized Hershey bars
4. 13 function Swiss Army Knife
5. 3 pairs of silk boxers
6. a 2004 US mint proof set
7. 5 32 oz. bottles of IBC
8 Civilization III (game of the year edition)
9. 70 Dollars cash from various relatives
10. 20 dollar gift card to EB games
11. a 50 dollar gift card to Wal Mart
12. a 1988 black Jeep (this isn't as good as it sounds, it was stolen and then returned... so it has alot of cosmetic issues, no radio or speakers, no locks, and a busted steering colum. But on the bright side it has new tires, new shocks, a 6 inch lift, and the current engine only has about 20,000 miles on it [
the jeep as a whole has 198,000 though])

I but i still could have done with nothing more than # 12...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Dark chocolate x 2 (yummmm), wine, mustard, pretzels, bath salts (yummmm), cookies, and pistachios.

Pretty soon all that'll be left is the elegant hand-crafted black scarf from Space Opera. *preens

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
See, all you need now are some KC Daylighters with the smiley face covers, a glass pack and a huge stereo and you'll really be white trash!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

quote:
Dark chocolate x 2 (yummmm), wine, mustard, pretzels, bath salts (yummmm), cookies, and pistachios.
Boy, it sure must be great to be over 30! [Razz]
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it really is.

*happy

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Actually, I like that kind of stuff too, it just takes a back seat to musical instruments and related trappings, tools (hand and power), and computer stuff.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I got:

• A stuffed camel
  • A funny t-shirt from France that my roommate found at Goodwill [Smile]
  • A gift card to Fox Books
  • A Mr. Tompkins book from Hobbes [Smile]
  • A small picture frame with a teddy bear with a jewel on his stomach from my little sister
  • Candy candy candy!
That's a pretty darn good Christmas! [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

[To PC:]
That's all stuff I'd have to cart around. This stuff I can cart around on my hips (*grin), with the scarf around my neck for a splash of panache.

I like to give my younger crew fun toys, don't get me wrong. But thirty-four years of accumulating stuff makes for getting more to seem like, well, a burden. I consider it a coup when I get away with less.

Dave and I were looking at pictures of houseboats in Amsterdam. One had a sodded flat roof with grass growing on top. Man, pare it all down to one steamer trunk and the hand of the one you love ... sweet.

[Score, Annie, especially with the shirt! Score, JT! Cool Jeep! [Smile] ]

[ December 25, 2004, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A gift card to Fox Books
I Love you. [Kiss]

I got a complete collection (all 9) of Beethoven's symphonies (along with Schubert's 9th, and Strauss's four last songs). Also a book on Cryptography, A StoryTellerin Zion, some physics books, a book by Mandelbroit on the mathematics of the stock market and some great DVDs (including the 4th season of Dick Van Dyke [Big Grin] ).

I also got a beautiful collection of Church books (books on the scriptures) from my darling Anneke. [Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ December 25, 2004, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

I suppose after I have collected all the things I really want, I'd prefer fine consumables for christmas.
Annie
Member # 295

Oooh... who got you A Storyteller in Zion?

Did they have to o to Deseret Book to find a copy?

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Um

- a $200 payment on my Sears card: from my Parents [Eek!]
- a Sears gift card (unknown amount): from my Grandparents [Big Grin]

That's more than I expected/wanted this year. I'm being told I might have some new jeans being sent from my other Grandmother. My Family never listens [Roll Eyes] . When I say nothing I mean I want nothing for Christmas. Although the Sears card payment and gift card were really nice.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I should also count the presents we opened two days ago on Roommate Christmas (with a few non-roommate friends)
  • A set of 7 Dover Classics, including Pride and Prejudice, The War of the Worlds (illustrated! For kids!), and The Picture of Dorian Grey
  • A purple fleece blanket
  • An apron with a ruffled skirt made of a fabric with green and yellow squash all over [Big Grin]

Psycho Triad
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for Psycho Triad   Email Psycho Triad         Edit/Delete Post 
*struts in, in his fancy new fencing shoes*
[Kiss] Thank you, Becky.

Have yet to get around to present opening with MY family. Mother currently in chicken-minus-head mode trying to spiffy up the house. Doesn't she realize that no one cares if there are a few random boxes under tables and such??

Oh well. Merry Christmas, all.

Posts: 271 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
My family only buys presents for the grandkids these days, so I got nuthin'. Well, I will likely get a calendar and chocolates from my mom tomorrow, but there was nothing to open today. Which makes the gift exchange present from ketchupqueen that much more special. [Kiss]

I'm still enjoying the day, though. I am home alone with the cat, listening to my favorite Christmas CDs, cleaning the kitchen so I can make Christmas cookies, and talking to my favorite people online. [Smile]

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Every year, during the week before Christmas, my mother takes me shopping. This year, she let me spend about $350. On the kids. Yep, my gift from my mother is to play Santa on her dime. [Big Grin]

My dad babysat for us while we went shopping.

My sister gave me a lovely cross stitch kit.

My children gave me hugs, kisses, and the gift of a peaceful morning: I got to sleep in!

My husband gave me a new paperback. OSC! The first book in the Alvin Maker series. I haven't read them yet. My husband is so smart! [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going for the redneck look, but I'm defiantly getting the stereo... and a winch (i live on a farm, and i've been known to get vehicles stuck)
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't read the Alvin Maker stuff yet?

You should be banned...I am reporting you!

[Big Grin]

Merry Christmas!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so brilliant, I just typed all this out and then closed the window before posting it. Argh.

So here's my bittersweet tale of more not being better.

In April, I'll be finished university. I'm heading overseas to teach English for a year or two.

I have a fairly large music collection, both CDs and MP3s, maybe amounting to 10 gigs.

I want to bring this collection with me, of course. The best way to do this is an ipod, or at least another digital format.

Ipods are expensive, and I don't have a lot of money. So I concocted a scheme to get myself one for this Christmas.

Each b-day, I typically get $100 total worth of gifts from my parents and brother. This year, I told them to hold off on buying me gifts so I could use it towards an Ipod at Christmas time.

At Christmas time, I typically get $150. So that's $250, and a 20 gig Ipod is about $429.

I was going to make up the remaining $200 by selling last year's textbooks; that's an annual ritual for me.

This year, however, the gods were against me. My text books didn't sell. So I didn't have enough money to contribute to an Ipod.

So plan B kicked in. I figured that bringing a dozen or so CDs of MP3s overseas was a worthy substitute for an Ipod.

Because my parents aren't exactly techno savy, I went to the store with them and choose a $200 MP3 CD player. They bought it, and stashed it away for Christmas.

Soon after buying the CD player, my brother asked why I didn't get an ipod, and I told him everything I've just written here.

So this morning, what do I find, but an Ipod! [Party]

Apparently, my brother chipped in the rest of the money! They returned the CD player and exchanged it for an Ipod.

So basically, I just recieved the largest and most expensive gift ever; my brother put a whole pile of money into this gift. Amazingly generous.

Here's the bittersweet part: it's an Ipod mini. Meaning it's only 4 gigs. Meaning I can't put my whole music collection on to it... which means I won't be able to bring all my music with me when I leave Canada.

I smiled and laughed and thanked everyone profusely, of course. And I am thrilled that they all went so far out of their way to make me happy. But a 4 gig ipod kind of missed the point.

But I'm not sure what to do, now. I'm thinking I'll just carefully and quitely save my money, and before I leave Canada, I'll buy an MP3 CD player myself.

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
ROTK EE [Big Grin]
Harry Potter Gryffindor Scarf from Movie III [Big Grin]
Tolkein Biography [Big Grin]
Copied CD of "Jaques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris" [Big Grin]
Cooking tray for Brownies and Brownies [Big Grin]
Scissors [Big Grin]
"Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel" (book) [Big Grin]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

My best christmas gift was a 96-piece Craftsman Mechanic's Toolset. Man, I love that thing.
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
The nurse I work with gave me a cute ceramic bathroom set, the kind with a cup, toothbrush holder, soap dispenser. It's really cute, apparently I actually admired a picture of it a few months ago when she was looking online at stuff.

And I have one package to open from a friend in California, but since it's the only gift I get to open today, I'm putting it off till later today.

I'll probably get more loot next week when I fly to Texas to see my parents.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
An acoustic guitar (the non-fancy learner kind)
A book on chords and a "Dumnmy's Guide" DVD for it
A plush Janice doll from The Muppets. Unexpected, and it matches the plush Animal doll I got Teres last year that she still loves.
An "I, Robot" DVD (family secret Santa gift)
A T-shirt with a sleeping, half-naked Homer on it and the words "American Idle"
A pale-skinned Barbie which Teres decked out in goth clothes (some hand-made, some stolen from a Shakira doll), black makeup, dyed hair and a tiny ankh necklace to make my own "Death from the Endless" Barbie. Picture coming.
A few other gifts which will remain private. You know.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Some plastic horses
make up
a borders gift card
money from dad
promised shopping trip from mom
harry potter dvd's
amazing See's chocolate
cuticle cream
stuff still to come from friends and other family, since we're snowed in right now.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob & Dana gave me leather...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
A new digital camera
a memory card for the camera
LOTR trilogy extended edition dvd box set
Star Wars dvd box set
Rush in Rio dvd
3 other various dvds
$55 cash
$25 Barnes and Noble gift card
a collector's hardcover version of The Wizard of Oz
a cute little teddy bear holding a rose
and likely a couple more things I haven't yet received.

[ December 25, 2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
underwear?

edit that was to eljay's post

[ December 25, 2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Two of my friends got me a remote car starter. [Big Grin]

Though, I think this might be a present for them, too, for use on cold snowboarding trip mornings. [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and the Red Sox re-signed catcher Jason Varitek.

He's my favorite player on my favorite team. GREAT christmas present. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
My grandmother's cookbook.

My grandmother collected all of her favorite recipes and the stories behind them, and she made it into a cookbook before she died. My mom was reorganizing it all when SHE died. For Christmas, at my request, my dad dug out the box with all the pages, sent it to Kinkos, and they mad a spiral bound version of it for me for Christmas. This makes me VERY happy. Every recipe has a story attached to it, so it's half my grandmother's socialite life and half family history. I read about a third of it this morning. This is very cool. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

[ December 25, 2004, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay's kinky.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
underwear?

edit that was to eljay's post

Nope.

And Kama: [Razz]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Socks
2. Boxers
3. Jeans
4. Jacket
5. Sweaters
6. Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life"
7. Phantom of the Opera soundtrack
8. New CD player headphones

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing I got for Christmas: a phone call from my brother.

*sigh* I love that guy.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
RotK EE
The Stand (Stephen King)
CD The Out of Towners, Keith Jarrett

Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a digital camera and fair trade coffee. When I figure out how to upload the pictures, I'll show you the cool dress up the kids got.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after my pecan saga, the most amusing thing I got was from my parents. Chocolate covered pecans and a nut cracker. (Of course we got that just about an hour after my husband finally finished shelling the 5 pounds of pecans.) [Big Grin]

My husband and son got me America and a book light. I love the description of Chapter One. In this chapter you will : Witness thousands of years of history casually dismissed in a few pages. [ROFL]

They also got me 8 puzzle books, 6 of which are my favorite Places, Please!!!

Also from my parents, I'd asked for earmuffs (or that head band thing) for my ears because it's damned cold out when you are walking the dog at 6 am! So, they go me the head band thingy, and a matching scarf and gloves.

And, the piece de resistance, a check for two grand for, and I swear, this is what they said on the phone, "What we'd really like you to do with it is to buy a nice winter coat." [Eek!]

I could buy 10 nice winter coats for that! Of course, I'm sure we'll be using it to fix up this disaster we live in, though I still have hopes for that Extreme Home Make-Over tape we're working on. [Wink]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll show you the cool dress up the kids got.
Cool, then I'll know what the heck a "dress up" is!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Some stuff:

DVDs:
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown
DS9 - season 1

Clothes:
Blue sweater
Blue sweatshirt

Misc. Neatitude:
Dr. Demento 20th Anniversary Collection
Three Stooges talking wall clock
The Complete Far Side
(B&N gift certificate too!)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom got me The Meaning of Life. I don't think she knew much about it.

Dear lord . . . so many breasts . . .

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I got...

2 beautiful cook books (Stephanie Alexanders' Cooks Companion {the bible of cooking} and a Tuscan book that looks yummy)
Chocolate
Blue and white striped cotton pyjamas
Half of a cordless drill (Tony got the other half [Smile] )
A garden trowel and a voucher to a nursery
A beautiful antique brooch to wear on my suit lapel when I finally graduate and start practicing
Flat beaded fancy flip flops (yes! Comfy fancy shoes!)
A ticket (with Tony) to go see the new Cirque de Soleil show [Big Grin]
Edit: Oh, I forgot the foody stuff! A sampler pack of six types of organic tea (yummmm), chocolate fudge sauce, sticky date sauce, fire engince hot sauce and pure raspberry juice.

And some other house-y stuff including pillow cases, napkins and so on.

I was very spoilt.

[ December 25, 2004, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day with Dana and her family. We only stopped laughing while sleeping. Well, I slept at my place so for all I know they were laughing all night. Without me.

Or at me.

But that's neither here nor there.

What I got -- probably too much to list and get it all straight. But there was:
- a hand-made pen & pencil set in Maple wood
- a book of the art of Discworld.
- a rabbit hat (silly rabbit)
- really cool earmuffs (180s)
- a ninja-style head gear for cold weather
- warm sock thingies for wearing around the house
- fuzzy slippers (camoflage edition)
- A thing that explains wind chill and the related "Pain in the Posterior" index
- Bunnicula!!!
- Neverwinter Nights Platinum Edition (D&D games!!!)
- Underdog DVD
- CD Visor
- Mickey trivet (huge!)
- Shakespeare stamp set
- mini-version of Jenga
- a very cool binary clock!!!
- PIANO LESSONS!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Wow, piano lessons! [Big Grin]

I love it.

Edit: I forgot to add that I also got the attachments to my vintage Kirby vac... woohoo!!!

[ December 25, 2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

is there a rabbit in the rabbit hat?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
It's made of Chinese rabbits.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Eek!]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Every time me ears don't freeze, I'll think of those rabbits and thank them silently.

[Big Grin]

Okay, look...it's warm...really, really warm...

LOVE IT.

[Evil Laugh]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a necklace with a sapphire pendant in a setting that exactly matches my engagement ring. [Smile]

And an Escape from Monkey Island game with the back of the case replaced with a photo-shopped version to point out all the more interesting features –
quote:
Guybrush and his swashbuckling friends now appear in 3D Poofy Sleeves!!!

New jokes! New puns! New sleeves! And more monkeys than the three previous Monkey Island games combined!

An original cinematic story full of drama, sociopathic parrots and a villain with really poofy sleeves!

Hundreds of puzzles to challenge novice and veteran pirates . . . er, adventurers!

Dozens of lusciously rendered poofy sleeves!

The ratings box is also altered to note the presence of “suggestive sleeves.” [ROFL]

And a bunch of other really cool stuff.

[ December 25, 2004, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
A Le Creuset Saucepan
A MicroPlane spice grater
Harry Potter PoA
Monty Python and the Holy Grail two-disc set
Spider-Man 2 DVD

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
This has been a fun thread to read! I hope everyone is enjoying their goodies. As for me, my family and my husband's family were far too generous. Some things I received are:

ER Season 1 (yay for Mr. Opera!)
Classical music CD
5 books (again, yay for Mr. Opera for taking Boy Opera to Half-Price Books!)
An awesome sweater (who knew Operaetta had such great taste)
sewing basket and supplies
quilting cutting board and rotary cutter
scarf, gloves, and headband set
make-up travel bag
Trivial Pursuit 90s Edition
An adorable snowman candle lamp thingy
memory bracelet
big candle
bubble bath
handmade step stool from my grandfather
tupperware and a pizza sheet
more bubble bath
charm bracelet
gift certificate and money

I really love all of my gifts, but I truly wish that some people - particularly my grandparents and Mr. Opera's grandparents and parents hadn't spent so much.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Foust:

An iPod won't set you back too much more than an iPod mini. If you can return the mini and just pay the difference to upgrade, you should be able to get one [Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.