FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Poseable Man - Better than he was before

Author Topic: Poseable Man - Better than he was before
Poseable Nurse
Member # 7162

- posted      Profile for Poseable Nurse           Edit/Delete Post 
Only a partial Poseable Man moved to Iowa with Bob_Scopatz. Tragically, his foot was missing. (You'll have to ask Bob what happened.)

Now thanks to the nurse on duty we have pictures of the surgery to build and attach a bionic foot ... and proof of his miraculous recovery.

See the pictures!

Posts: 21 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

[Laugh]

[ROFL]

Happy hoofing, Poseable Man! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear he's doing better... I know it was a risky procedure.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseable Nurse
Member # 7162

Whew! It was touch and go for a while . . . it appeared the doctor was all thumbs and we were worried that Poseable Man might end up with two left feet and not be able to dance at dkw & Bob's wedding.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Will Posable man make an appearance? I hope not on the cake... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
I visited Poseable Man in the hospital. He was in remarkably good spirits, considering he had just edured the pain of surgery without anesthesia. I was a little worried, as the biometrics lab was very messy and unsanitary - but I'm happy to report he's feeling fit and anxious to try skiing before he heads back to Iowa. (I hope that doesn't mean he'll need those crutches again! [Smile] )

Edit: without anesthesia - this was no high-buck procedure!

[ December 27, 2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: KrabbyPatty ]

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
So does he make that wierd chooching sound effect when he runs(poses)?
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
Chooching?? What's chooching?
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not tink that word means what you think it does."
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

You mean it's not the sound of my thighs rubbing together when I walk in wind pants? [Dont Know]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

In case anyone was wondering, I think my future in-laws are the best people in the whole world.

[Group Hug]

Of course, I just found out my insurance doesn't cover bionic surgery, so this whole thing will be coming out of the honeymoon budget.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear. Well, you could always sell your rings instead. That should about cover the surgery bills. [Wink]
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
The picture of PM running ib the style of the Bionic Man will keep me chuckling all day. Thank you, Nurse.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseable Nurse
Member # 7162

You are welcome Elizabeth.
Now if Bob and Dana would just hurry up and pick him up. He is eating me out of house and home.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you think I had his foot removed in the first place? So he couldn't go raid the fridge at night.

Bwahahahahaha... [Evil Laugh]

We may never pick him up.

And you made him bionic now! [Eek!]

He's probably hungry all the time.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

At the risk of sounding schmaltzy, Bob - I believe you and Dana were made for each other and am delighted that you are part of the family. [Group Hug]

Oh, and Smokey, too. [Smile]

I feel as if I've really gotten to know Poseable Man over the past few weeks, as he's been hanging around the kitchen a lot. I don't believe I met Lavalamp, though, and am wondering if there's a reason for that?

[ December 27, 2004, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: KrabbyPatty ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

We definitely need to get Lavalamp plugged in.

[Razz]

and thanks!

ElJay
Member # 6358

Where's that vomiting smilie when you need it... "delighted" indeed.

[Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
chooch chooch chooch chooch chooch choooch chooch. Dun dun dun dun....
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseable Nurse
Member # 7162

DKW and Bob are in town to pick up Poseable Man, amoung other things like visit Bob's mom (who is visiting Dana's mom)and address wedding invitations. I don't know if Bob was just glad to be reunited with Poseable Man or what, but he spend a lot of time posing Poseable Man and this morning Poseable Man was back on the crutches.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Wasn't too good a repair job then, was it? [Razz]

[ December 29, 2004, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Methinks you need a consultant.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

Methinks Bob just likes the crutches! [Wink]
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
The pictures of Poseable Man where you can actually see the metal spike running through his groin supporting him make me a bit queasy. Am I the only one who gets these sympathetic pains?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
What was the name of the attending surgeon? I'd really be interested in reading a description of the operation. Perhaps a detailed explanation of the theory behind the reattachment process as well. If you can supply a pro's thesis for this wooden foot application I'd be appreciative.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseable Nurse
Member # 7162

Punwit, you might find the surgeon in other places on the web as vpwilli. The operation was a straightforward foot replacement as apparently Poseable Man arrived at the Scopatz household with only one foot. The tough part was deciding to attach a peg leg or a new foot. (I still like the peg leg idea.)

It is a classic woodcarver’s line, but production of the replacement foot is best described as, “you take a block of wood and carve away everything that doesn’t look like a foot.”

I don’t know if it was DKW or ElJay, but when the girls were little and a little rough housing was going on their mother told them to quit or they might pull off one of their arms. The reply was, “my arm doesn’t come off, God uses good glue.” So for the reattachment process we used Elmer’s Wood Glue. The yellow stuff found in every wood shop.

ElJay
Member # 6358

It should be noted that we found out later that while arms might not come off, they decidedly come out. At least, mine do.
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That can't be good.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
that sounds like a painful revelation.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Ah! Forearm? You might have grown out of that as the annular ring of the radius was mineralized.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute!
quote:
I don’t know if it was DKW or ElJay, but when the girls were little
You mean Posable Nurse is KrabbyPatty? Here I thought it was one of DKW's new SNs.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Not forearm, at the shoulder. I grew out of them coming our involuntarily, but I can click them in and out of place on my own still. Freaks people out... especially football players.

When they came out involuntarily, Daddy put them back.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Ah. Shame, that. The shoulder dislocatability lasts.
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

No, Poseable Nurse is actually vpwilli, the father of dkw and ElJay, and he's the one who carved away the excess wood from the little block to make a foot. He gave me the idea for the name KrabbyPatty when he brought home an after-Halloween Krabby Patty treat from the office candy stash. Of course, my lovely daughters will - or had better - tell you I'm not really "krabby" at all!
Poseable Nurse
Member # 7162

FG, you can blame KrabbyPatty, but she is at work.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh -- I did SO not have that nurse pictured as a guy..

[Big Grin] FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
Ah. Shame, that. The shoulder dislocatability lasts.
Yeah, but it doesn't cause any trouble anymore, and this way theoretically I can do the Lethal Weapon straightjacket-escape trick. You know, if my family ever decided to try to commit me or anything. [Monkeys]
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that limit you, ElJay? I have a friend who has dislocated his shoulder and now it's prone to dislocation. He's pretty limited in what sports he can play now.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmm. I have not encountered any limitations, but I do not play team sports. I like to hike and bike and I used to run, and my shoulder does not trouble any of those.

I still rough-house with my dad and brother on occasion, and they haven't broken me yet.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

AJ's Corgi-Cam thread made me think that a Poseable Man-Cam would be great as well!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Mom is decidedly not krabby. Nope nope nope.

(How's the printing going, Mom?)

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
Of course, my lovely daughters will - or had better - tell you I'm not really "krabby" at all!

Does that kinda sound like a threat to you guys? Not that I'm implying that would be krabby or anything...
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda like saying my mother isn't old. She's 29....for the 20th time. I'll joke about it every time we talk on the phone. However, she tells me every time that I am not too old to get the living $%&* beat out out of me.

And if she ever thinks of reading this....I love you mom [Big Grin] .

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Oh -- I did SO not have that nurse pictured as a guy.."

That reminds me of when a friend's son was in school for nursing. Someone asked her what he was studying. She said he was studying to become a nurse. The woman paused and said,
"Oh, he's going to be a male nurse!"

Well, duh.

Posable_Man
Member # 5105

- posted      Profile for Posable_Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I'm back from the hospital. I've got a bit of physical therapy to do, but I feel like I've already made a complete recovery -- I'm trying to beat Elizabeth's record.

Just a quick thank you to those wonderful people -- the "W's"

Poseable Nurse and the head of the bio development lab bear a very strong family resemblance.

KrabbyPatty is NOT crabby at all.

You've really given me a leg up, and I will appreciate it forever!

[Hail]

Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.