FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So my daughter thinks her podiatrist is hot.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So my daughter thinks her podiatrist is hot....
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what she said. I overheard her telling my mother. The exact conversation:

Grandmother: "How was it?" (asking about the procedures she underwent in his office)

12 year old daughter: "It hurt a bit when he gave me the shot, but other than that it was fine."

Grandmother: "Is he nice?"

Daughter: "Yes, and Nana he is HOT!"

I am so not ready for her to be this old. *shakes head*

Then again, I cannot fault her taste - Dr. K is indeed very, very hot. [Evil]

And I guess when you're getting ingrown toenails cut out, it helps to have something more pleasant to do, like ogling the podiatrist.

*sigh* When did my babies turn into kids turn into pre-teens?

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, that is so funny. Our podiatrist looks just like Keanu Reeves. He looks so much like him that my mother gasps every time we see him after a long period of NOT seeing him. It's uncanny.

My sister and I are feet hypochondriacs because of this. "Oh dear, there's a problem with your ankle...that's close to your foot...it looks like we need to go to the podiatrist!!!" [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Keanu Reeves as a doctor -- yep that works. At least it worked in "Something's Gotta Give" -- he is so hot.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs* Belle, that is great. And I know what you mean. I'm so glad that boys mature slower. Christian thinks the whole boy-girl thing is dumb.

And I agree with you...I had ingrown toenail surgery twice when I was 16 or 17 and it would have been much more pleasant if my podiatrist had been pleasant on the eyes. It was an experience that had little to lend itself to.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia - Here in Portland or in Beaverton?

Do you have digits? [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim Shady
Member # 3372

- posted      Profile for Slim Shady           Edit/Delete Post 
Once had a dental hygenist I thought was hot. Did NOT go to the dentist more to see her, though.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
A bit more extreme, but I keep thinking of the Saturday Night Live sketch, "Mel Gibson, Dream Gynecologist" and the lines and lines of women in his waiting room...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Gross [Razz] Nothing would make me happy to get a pelvic.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, TSH.

Belle, be happy that her crushes are unattainable for now! Encourage crushes on movie and rock stars, etc.

Really creepy story, though. When I was in sixth grade I was madly in love with my science teachr for the whole year. Two years later, my grandmother told me tat he ran away to Canada with one of my friends, who was a year younger. (she was fourteen at the time. he was in his late twenties) He had coached her in speed skating.

A few months ago I watched a show, 60 Minutes or something, about coaches who sexually abuse their female athletes. hey pick one and it is called "grooming." Ew. Ver disturbing.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yuck yuck yuck.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Grooming children
They may spend a lot of time building the relationship before the abuse begins. This often results in the child trusting and becoming dependent on them. This is called grooming. The abuser may seem to be a safe and reassuring figure. He may also convince himself that he is doing no harm to children."

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/html/home/needadvice/protectingchildrenfromsexualabuse.htm

I guess this is not just for coaches, but would be what happened with religious leaders, teachers, etc.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh he is most definitely unattainable - has a very sweet wife and the two prettiest little girls ever.

We actually have a connection to him, besides the toes in the family - he is the brother of a family friend. Our friend is one of the prettiest people I know, and Natalie said "Mom, everybody in that family is gorgeous!"

I don't know how much of the initial crush still remains, after we went back for a second visit. He did surgery on two nails the first visit, then another one flared up. When we went back in Natalie "forgot" to put on socks and was wearing boots with a heel on them. He got on to her. Told her she wouldn't be dancing on those toes if she didn't take care of them, and shoving an infected toe into high heeled boots without socks did not equal taking care of them.

He's really cool though. He let Emily, my seven year old that loves medicine and watches Dr. G, Medical Examiner religiously watch the procedure. Then he held up the part of the nail he removed and was showing her which parts were in the skin and which were out. "See this bloody line, that's where her skin was, so all this part of the nail was growing into her toe" Emily's saying "This is awesome!" and Natalie is saying "Gross! That's my toe you're talking about."

Fun day at the podiatrist. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ha ha.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Two years later, my grandmother told me tat he ran away to Canada with one of my friends, who was a year younger.
But it isn't any more legal here than it is in the US [Eek!]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

That is not what I was implying, Twinky! Heavens, I'm sorry!
twinky
Member # 693

I was more surprised that running away to Canada would make any sense to this guy. I didn't think you meant that it was legal here.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

On topic:

My dad's oncologist is attractive... I'm kind of surprised that I noticed, it's not exactly on my mind when we visit her, but it's true. She's also married with two small children though. But she's really nice. I like her. [Smile]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I had a total babe for a dr. once. He was my OB/GYN *cringe*. He was actually so attractive and close to my age that it was really strange during our first meeting. He turned out to be a wonderful doc though - very concerned about privacy (which really matters during exams) and just an all-around nice guy.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm so glad that boys mature slower.
By the time I was 12, I thought my chiropractor was hot. Of course, I guess that's different.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

<revealing my own little form of sexism>

I do not understand going to male OB/GYNs. I have had a pelvic exam done by a man exactly once, when it was in an emergency room and I did not have a choice. I have two main reasons for this, and I happily admit that neither of them are valid so I won't even bother going into them here.

</sexism>

Edit: I should have said, neither of them are objective, or something like that. Obviously, since they are my reasons, they are perfectly valid for me.

[ December 27, 2004, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It's funny, ElJay, because I wonder how men feel about doctors going up their butt. Would they prefr a man or a woman, or would it just not matter?

After having two babies, and no having been in the hospital for three weeks, I really could care less who goes where. Just get it over with and let me go back to sleep!

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, I agree with you. Although I have had pelvic exams done by male ob's -- when my ob was away, when I was in labor and my ob had not yet arrived -- it's certainly not my preference.

And I can understand women who have no particular preference whether their ob/gyn is male or female. But some women prefer a male ob/gyn. That I do not comprehend. [Dont Know]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle: [ROFL] and omg, I can't believe she's that old now. *dies*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
It's funny, ElJay, because I wonder how men feel about doctors going up their butt. Would they prefr a man or a woman, or would it just not matter?

You know, I never even thought about that until you mentioned it. I'm not sure, but I think I *might* prefer a male doctor.
ElJay
Member # 6358

rivka: totally.

And, because I seem to be all about the TMI today:

My insides are all in the wrong place, and apparently cannot be completely examed through a normal manual pelvic exam... you know, the part where they poke around and say "That ovary feels fine... Let's check the other one..." So every time I have a pelvic exam it involves a finger up the butt, to use Liz's phrase, as well, so they can palpatate my girlie organs from both sides.

I would like to point out, for the record, than in general women have smaller fingers.

[ December 27, 2004, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And ob/gyn's, like pianists, ought to have long fingers.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

:GIGGLE:
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*falls over laughing*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Hm. In my case the fingers wouldn't make any difference, since for kind of exam I'm thinking of they actually use a camera on a scope. So it really comes down to which gender I'm more comfortable with in that sort of medical context. I'm not sure why I have this vague feeling that I'd rather be examined by a male when it comes to this particular area. It might not even be accurate. But (TMI WARNING) I'm likely to find out over the course of the next month or so, anyway.
ElJay
Member # 6358

With the camera sort of exam, I believe they give you enough happy-drugs that it won't matter one way or another, while it's going on.
twinky
Member # 693

That's a relief. But I'll have to have the other kind first, I think.
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
They need to come up with a better way of checking prostates in the next decade or so.

They just NEED to.

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Eh, given what women have to go through with the ob/gyn, it's only fair. I don't imagine it's nearly as unpleasant for us as it is for them.
Megachirops
Member # 4325

I don't know . . . I'm not sure how to begin to compare.

[Angst]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*raises hand*

For the manual exam part, the finger up the butt is worse than the finger in the vagina. But the putting-the-speculum-in-and-cranking-you-open part is worse than either.

The other thing you need to consider, is that men don't start having prostate exams until they're... how old? Mid-30s for a baseline, unless there's reason to do one earlier, and then yearly starting somewhere in the 40s? Whereas women start getting pelvics when they're 18 and/or become sexually active, and for the most part then have them yearly for the rest of their lives. So I think we get it just on the "frequency of having strangers poking in your privates" grounds. [Big Grin]

Um, sorry about your thread, Belle.

mackillian
Member # 586

It isn't a good sign when your ob/gyn admits that she hates getting pelvics and has avoided hers for five years.

o_O

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, at least she has a crush on the foot doctor.
(meant for ElJay)

Mack, that just isn't something your doctor should say.

[ December 27, 2004, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

twinky
Member # 693

quote:
But the putting-the-speculum-in-and-cranking-you-open part is worse than either.
That's the part I was thinking of when I said I figured it sucked more for females than for males.
ElJay
Member # 6358

At least there have been advances in equipment... my clinic uses these nifty plastic speculums that 1) Don't get cold 2) Have all smooth edges and 3) Plug into a light that then shines throughout their body so the doctor can see better and get it over with faster. As far as I'm concerned, they make a huge difference in comfort. Women of Hatrack, demand them of your doctors! [Wink]

[ December 28, 2004, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

twinky
Member # 693

I bet the metal ones were designed by men and the plastic ones were designed by women.
Megachirops
Member # 4325

I designed the plastic one.

So there!

twinky
Member # 693

[ROFL]
mackillian
Member # 586

I think she was trying to make me comfortable.

At one point, the nurse said, "Here, lay back on this pillow, it'll make you more comfortable."

My reply? "MORE comfortable?! That indicates that this is comfortable in the FIRST place."

I'm glad she had a sense of humor. [Smile]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Then thank you, Megachirops. [Wink]

Bedtime for me, so I guess I'm done TMIing for today. We'll see if I can practice more restraint tomorrow.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't find the pelvic exam very uncomfortable. After all of the stories I'd heard I was expecting something horrible, but the most uncomfortable part was the coldness of the metal. It helped a lot that I couldn't see what was going on, though.

I've never had anything cranked open, when does that happen? [Angst]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

When you get your oil changed.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Icarus in hoping that they come up with a better method before I'm old enough to need regular prostate exams. If they still have to go in manaully, though, I don't have much preference one way or the other in terms of gender.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Just for the record I think her podiatrist is hot too.

Ohh no wait, when I said "her podiatrist", I actually meant "my Annie". [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, where's that puking smiley again? [Razz]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of which, I'm overdue for my pelvic. And I'm one of those who will NOT be examined by a male doctor if it can be at all helped. I've never been examined by a male and cannot imagine it being at all pleasant. I don't like being examined at all anyway, but by a male? It gives me major panic attacks. Yeesh!

So. To find a competent ob-gyn in a third world country who's also female? [Dont Know]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.