Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
For the past four nights I have had dreams about the same guy. I rarely have dreams about people I know, and never four in a row. I don't quite know what to make of it.

Does anyone else have any odd dream stories?

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
Not stories, but in your dreams do you ever become aware that you are dreaming, and then try to take advantage of the situation by doing something you wouldn't be able to do in real life...like flying? This used to happen to me all the time as a child, but for some reason I could never pull it off. I mean, I would start flying like superman but I wouldn't make it far...I would come back down quickly as if the earth was pulling me. I realize now that Freud would have had a field day with that one.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I have weird dreams all the time. Some of them, I turn into story ideas for sci-fi novels. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
*Is guilty of above statement.*

What is weird about me is in my dreams I turn seemingly happy common things into twisted things of death. Like Oompa Loompas or Snuggle Bear.

But, what I really hate is when I'm in a nightmare, I realize it's a dream, and I can't wake up. Such as when their were zombies trying to kill me while I was in a weak feeble position on the floor. I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn't wake up.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto for the above three. Though instead of Oompah Loompahs I had dreams with, like, Hitler and Barbie in them.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I dreamt I climbed a steep, sandy hill and at the top there was a house. I went inside. There was a little boy and his younger sister, and the boy was being intolerably mean to his younger sister. I picked him up by his shirt front and sat him down on a chair under a cork board in which the name "Rose" was carved.

"Okay, what's going on," I demanded.

He said something about being abused. We escaped together, this time down the stairs and into a car park (we were by the sea at a beach, this was the beach car park). The father of the two children followed but waited at the entrance. I hid the two children in someone else's car and we drove right past, to the airport.

For some reason, I had to go back to the beach and to get there without being seen I went through a little sandy stone alleyway to a smaller beach and looped around to get back to the car park. The father was still there, scanning the cars.

End of dream.

O.o Bizarre.

I assume the beach is from hearing so much about the Tsunami's. The fact the house was on a steep cliff is probably also from that.

The little boy was one I had in my music camp last summer.

His sister, the name Rose, the abuse and the airport I have no idea at all!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I have tons of odd dream stories, all of mine end up being about people I know. Most are funny. One the other day was about the awards banquet in atlanta, only miss g got involved, very funny, I'll tell you about that one in private.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of times I have dreams where I can't keep my eyes open. I think these might take place closer to morning when there is a little bit of light coming in at the side of my window shade, because it sometimes seems like I can't open my eyes because someone keeps flickering a light or something. Of course, other times it's fairly dark in my dream and I still can't seem to open my eyes.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had a dream that I was at the beach for some big function with my family. There was a huge tsunami. I spent half of the dream wondering if my parents were alive.

I have had many dreams where I know that I am dreaming. I try to change them to be something cool, but when I know it is a dream I don't enjoy it. I usually wake myself up. I have been able to, with a lot of effort, move my hands up to my eyes and open them. It is really odd to make yourself move while sleeping. Your body is fighting you every step of the way. I have heard that it is really hard to change the lighting in a dream. Has anyone been able to change the lighting in their dream? I read somewhere that it is the hardest thing to control.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Often my dreams echo what is going on in my life. Last night I went to bed with a terrible cold (I actually slept for 13 hours!) I woke out of a dream this afternoon in which I was an ederly woman who was a hospital patient. I remember waking the halls in my hospital gown and feeling sick and trembly all over - which is exactly how I felt last night and this afternoon when I got up.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
I can never remember my dreams. [Frown]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I've started having dreams about dead bodies floating in the water and other bad stuff. Too much news. [Frown]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
For the past few days, I've dreamed about my friends in seven or eight years. And they're all married to eachother, each married to a different person each dream. And I'm married to somebody, but it's somebody I've never met in real life.

*shrug*

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Da_goat, I have that dream!!! only it's my friends, and we're at a certain orchestra concert the alumni go back to. When I told a friend about it once she asked if I was married to left or right, because I was sitting between two male friends, I think it was left.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I have an entire cast of characters that appear in my dreams, from time to time. People that I don't think I've ever met, that will pop up here and there.

There was this one character who would appear in my dreams a good number of times. In one of my dreams, I actually killed him. He hasn't returned since. It's not as if these people are in the same dreams, but they are the same personality, and the same visual look. They don't appear all together, but seperate in different dreams- though some of them do appear together once in a while.

I can't really explain this. ::shrug::

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
Most of my dreams place me, as in myself as I am in rea life, in just strange situations. Like, last night I dreamed I was at a mall in Texas where everyone spoke Spanish. I remeber walking in and passing by my 7th grade science teacher. Despite my attempts at conversation, she did not remember me.

Then, inside, I found many of school mates mixed in among the Spanish. There was, apparently, some kind of gathering separate from my arrival, that I just happened to stumble in upon.

Then later, whether as a continuation of the same dream or completely separate, I found myself in a mobile home with my paternal family.

I don't know why.

A lot of my dreams, though, are from something that is on my mind a lot, as I'm sure is the same with many people. I remember when this girl I liked invited over to her house to help with a video assignment. I had multiple dreams the night before about actually being at her house.

I also don't have a lot of nightmares. The last nightmare I had was several years ago when we were hit with multiple tornados within a year or so (June and October of one year, then May of the next year). A darkness was constantly slamming into our house with lots and lots of wind. Really scary.

It turned wierd, however, when the entire humah population escaped to space from a shuttle parked in the front yard of the house across the street. Then the Planeteers knocked Earth out of its orbit.

It turned scary again when we returned, though. Its the only time I can remember that I was scared to go back to sleep.

Anyway... Those are my dreams...

Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man the_Somalian! I used to have dreams like that all the time! Now different stuff happens, though I sometimes fail. I always wake up, which is failure in a way. But I have a hard time knowing whether I'm actually aware I'm dreaming or whether I'm dreaming I'm aware I'm dreaming.

These are the most recent dreams I've had.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have an entire cast of characters that appear in my dreams, from time to time. People that I don't think I've ever met, that will pop up here and there.

They're me. They're all me.

[Eek!]

[Angst]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.