FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, iTunes users...

Author Topic: Hey, iTunes users...
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know if there's a way to make a track not play on my Party Shuffle without adding most of my Library to a playlist? I really like the Party Shuffle feature, but it keeps playing things like my Bob & Doug McKenzie stuff or the talking parts on my Dream Theater and Pink Floyd CDs, and they don't really fit at all.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lerris
Member # 3530

- posted      Profile for Lerris           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like that option as well. There are a couple of kludgy work arounds. What I have done is gone through and rated most of my library. Then I switched the source of the party shuffle to the "My Highest Rated" smart playlist. Granted at the moment I only have something like 100 songs in there, but that is enough for a usually good party shuffle. The other option would be to create a smart play list. You can use this to have iTunes generate a playlist on its via certain parameters.
Posts: 81 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
In your library, there are checkboxes to the left of every song. Just uncheck the song and it stays in your library but never plays until you turn it back on.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I created a smart playlist for everything except the Beatles, and that playlist is the source for my Party Shuffle. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lerris
Member # 3530

- posted      Profile for Lerris           Edit/Delete Post 
How cool is that tip about the check boxes! I had always wondered what those were for. Thanks for the tip!

Woohooo!

Posts: 81 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.