FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Benedict Arnold

Author Topic: Benedict Arnold
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Why aren't there any good biographies about Benedict Arnold. I, personally, think it would be interesting.....what about you guys?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Meh, I've read quite a bit on him from different history books... It would be interesting, yes... to read of why he committed treason, his brilliance in war, etc.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dafadox
Member # 6885

- posted      Profile for dafadox   Email dafadox         Edit/Delete Post 
if he is so smart then why is he dead!
Posts: 31 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
He attacked Quebec City. The nerve.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
You know it's generally believed by historians that if we had won the battle of Quebec, then America would have annexed Canada.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew....that was a close one then..

[Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
No kidding, I live just outside Detroit. We'd have to drive all the way to Greenland to be able to drink when we turn 19.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
When we toured the Smithsonian, they said he fell in love with a Tory woman. Then of course, his name became synonymous with Ben a dic which is old english for...
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well he was a genius, he even did better in battles than Washington. (At first) One of the biggest reasons for his... betrayal, if not the only reason, was that his wife was a loyalist and she didn't like how her husband was a colonist... So his wife wrote very many mean letters to him, and it really grated on him, then at one time his wife 'is taken hostage' so he goes into battle and switches coats... he was caught though and tried for treason and killed.

The truth is the man was brilliant, I actually hold him as a hero to the revolution for the help he did for it. (even though he switched.)

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.