FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fandom Rips OSC a new one

Author Topic: Fandom Rips OSC a new one
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
But I'm not sure I get the point.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adam613
Member # 5522

- posted      Profile for adam613   Email adam613         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 2580 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
my very own dobie...*tear*
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's just a really big OSC fan, and doesn't know how to deal with it in a healthy way.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I had a really hard time reading and understanding his letter. [Wink]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn, are you a new Jatraquero or an old one with a new name? I noticed you today, and wanted to say welcome if you're new. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
I also was very confused by this post... there was a point in there somwhere...right?
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I think his point is that OSC should think more like him.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's a homosexual stalker who believes that OSC is secretly gay. We can either ignore him like any common troll, or we can form an angry mob and hunt him down... *gets pitchfork* Just incase...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I love people like that. Crazy people are the paprika of the earth.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think he's a homosexual stalker who believes that OSC is secretly gay.
Thats the impression I got as well. I was waiting for him to come out and say, that he thought OSC was in the closet. He seemed to dance around it a lot, without clearly saying it.

It was a very strange a wordy post. The first thing that came to mind after reading it was "crack is bad for you."

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Basically, I think that you need to try to relax more, and I mean this earnestly. As an empath, I can tell that you are carrying a very heavy burden. Please don’t worry so much as to how I know this, but ask yourself whether it is true, and if it is not, there is no reason for you to continue reading this letter. I believe that it’s alright to carry this burden if you wish to. I know how this is because I am carrying a similar burden. The extent to which you beat yourself up about it is the extent to which you pity others with the same burden, and what you send out into the world is what you get back, so it perhaps in your own best interests to tell yourself that it’s okay to be who you are and God is not going to punish you for being human with temptations, since to be human is to be tempted by this or that. All these so-called ‘ problems’ are like intelligence in that it can be used for good or evil. Therefore I believe it is not always the case that we should never act upon an inclination to do something, for whether or not we should act upon a temptation is left up to our own judgment. Although God (if you believe in Him) is the ultimate judge of all, we must also have faith in ourselves rather than acquiesce to those who purport to know the will of God.

You may be wondering how I know this about you. I know this for the same reason that you know how to conceive of characters that are realistic.

I agree with you - that that's what he thinks, and why he never comes out and says it.

[Smile] I remember when I discovered that OSC had a web site. I hope this guy has as positive an experience as I did.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Stryker has the right of it, methinks.

It's kinda cute in a sad way.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I was carrying a heavy burden.

Then I realized that it really wasn't necessary to have a sack of bricks with me at all times. No matter where you are there's almost always something to throw should the occasion require.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be bothered by how many gay characters were in OSC's books. But then, he also has murderers and singers in most of them. And also some Asians. Do you think he could be a closet Asian? Or a Catholic perhaps. But maybe we should look at what we don't see. Which would lead us to the conclusion that OSC is an android.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
And that, my friends, is why Trisha is the coolest. [Hail]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, I think he's a homosexual Asian Android. That's the only thing that makes sense . . . [ROFL]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you mean a homosexual Asian Catholic Android?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that letter earlier today, but I'm proud to say I declined to post a comment. It was very tempting though.

To be honest, I mostly avoid the other side of the forum. Seems like you leave this side and you end up with a lot of people who don't know how to spell or split things into paragraphs. I'd love to discuss more specific things about OSC, but I can't handle many of the posters over there.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Wow, that's on the Other Side?!

I posted on the Other Side and didn't know it! Now I feel like I've taken a Sam Gamgee style step away from home...

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

There and back again...
Teshi
Member # 5024

[Angst]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, now that was just ... freaky.... now I know why I stay here!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...that was the first time I'd ever heard anybody say something, or, um, not say something like that before about OSC. Especially in a forum his wife is active in.

I'll have to think about this one for a bit, but I'm pretty sure that this guy had been eating the 'funny brownies' a bit today.

[ January 05, 2005, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: BelladonnaOrchid ]

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I post on the other side about OSC stuff....but it's mostly so I can lord my large(r) post count and early registration date over the posters that registered yesterday and ask about the Ender's game movie. [Wink]

edit: wrong preposition [Blushing]

[ January 06, 2005, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.