FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For the last time-- it's JATRAQUEROS! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: For the last time-- it's JATRAQUEROS!
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
LJ-- I can say for certain I did not address the initial post at OSC. Though, I wish he did use Jatraqurero rather than Hatracker.

On that point, this community self-identifies. Even when folks from this community associate with one another on other BB's, the base connection is Hatrack. And Jatraquero is the term that defines us-- whether we be Dagonee, or Ralphie.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Are those the only two options?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Well, YOU'RE right out, bud.

I've had enough of your cynicism.

You're not even a Hatracker.

Tom the -ker. That's your official. . . culturedom.

The '-' is prounouced like a little click of the tongue, by the way.

Tom the 'click-ker'.

Heh.

I'm Astounding.

[ January 10, 2005, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
"This thread is certainly moving . . . "
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently saw Tad Williams at a signing, and was absolutely overjoyed to finally get a decent pronunciation of !Xabbu. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Tom, I was thinking of !Xabbu when I wrote the above.
Scott R
Member # 567

Icarus (I'm usurping Ralphie's spot)-- "But so are my bowels! Doesn't mean that it's a good thing!"
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn you, Scott! [Mad]

"You know, this forum really improves with age."

[ January 10, 2005, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And Jatraquero is the term that defines us-- whether we be Dagonee, or Ralphie.
Talk about a no-win situation - what if I want to be Ralphie?

I mean, who wouldn't?

[ January 10, 2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

That would be a bad lot for you, Dag. You wouldn't get anything done. Not only would you be way less smart, but you'd also just stay home and play with your boobs all day.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I have no response to that statement.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Lawboy.

[Wink]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Not that I'm doing that, of course.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
*scrutes Ralphie
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
One could argue that as a lawyer he will be playing with boobs all day on a regular basis.

Where is Elizabeth when you need her?

[Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
One could argue that as a lawyer he will be playing with boobs all day on a regular basis.
Genius.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

And he'd get to play with them in public too!
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

But he wouldn't be staying home all day.

And therein lies the rub. So to speak.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

[Hail] AJ
BannaOj
Member # 3206

In fact, I'm sure, on occasion, after he passes the bar, Dagonee will spend all day defending the innocence of boobs in public. It's definitely a noble cause Dags, don't fight it.

[ January 10, 2005, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Scott R
Member # 567

I think Dag is going to school to be a prosecuting attorney.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well, no one told me there was ongoing persecution of boobs that needed to be stopped!
Ralphie
Member # 1565

You clearly were never a premanturely developing young girl. Then you would understand boob oppression.

And if you were, I apologize for my insensitivity and assure you that - if the pictures are any indication - in surgery they did a bang up job!

(What were we talking about, again?)

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Your boobs, Ralphie...

Is there any other topic between Hatrackers? [Evil]

[ January 11, 2005, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

A blast from the past. [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Lordy!

What brought that on, Kwea?

*grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

*sigh*

I miss Ralphie. Sometimes I need a reminder of how awesome she was. I remember that she was awesome, but I forget just how awesome.

(I know that she would hate being talked of this way. I know she got tired of all the "Ralphie!!!!1! *tackle*" posts when she would lurk by. But I'm laying down this bit-o-Ralphie-lovin' in her absence, and I'm going to assume that's alright.)

And Scott, the correct response is "I wish they would move it to Pittsburgh!"

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I liked Ralphie. She was cool in chat, and pretty funny. I didn't (and don't) put her on a pedestal, but she was one of the people who I use to look for in chat because she made me laugh.

I found a link to this in another thread, and thought some of the newer people here might enjoy it.

I don't do thread resurrection much, but this one was fun.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, it was. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I don't know what "putting her on a pedestal" really means. She was a ton of fun to have around. Definitely one of the most entertaining people to have any kind of repartee with. She was one of the people who made me feel like I had discovered, in Hatrack, my own personal Algonquin Round Table. I could never keep up with her, but I enjoyed trying. If that's putting her on a pedestal, so be it. *shrug*

I fondly remember the night she and I decided, over AIM, to sign all our posts for the next 24 hours with "j/k [Wink] " to try to either goad Tom out of doing that, or to remind people not to be so sensitive, lest they drive everyone to that extreme. [Smile]

Icarus
Member # 3162

I also loved the little wars she would have with Patrick. [Big Grin]
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
And Scott, the correct response is "I wish they would move it to Pittsburgh!"
:wakes up a bit:

Naw, man-- that was you and Ralphie's game. I'm Scooter.

KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Rita Spankmistress. <sigh>
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Now that you say that, Scott, I can totally see it. [Smile]
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
:quietly collects accumulated pennies:
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
This was a great thread to bump, Kwea. Gave me a great big smile first thing this morning..
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Everytime someone uses the word Jatraquero, DB and aka got royalties. They were responsible for the...*ahem*...coining of the phrase.
Scott R
Member # 567

Aw, man. Now that Ic removed his post, mine doesn't make any cents...
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by David Bowles:
:quietly collects accumulated pennies:

:quietly taxes royalties:
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Sorry . . . my brain finally clicked, and I removed the question because I had figured out my own answer. I didn't realize it had been replied to.

<--- working on two hours' sleep

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*peeks head in*

*looks around*

*whiffles the jatraqueros*

*hasty retreat*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
:quietly taxes royalties:
:quietly hires Republican accountant to find loopholes:
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
:quietly lobbies Republican senator to attatch a measure that will raise taxes on royalties and close loopholes to a highway spending bill:
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie wasn't that great, she couldn't hold a candle to me in a battle of will. Or anything else, for that matter.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Well, you definitely had a bigger rack than her.
Pat
Member # 879

Well, that's not sayin much.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

In your case, what I'm saying could only be held up by three strong Samoans and a wrap around deck.

Oh, yeah-- you suck.

Pat
Member # 879

--l--
David Bowles
Member # 1021

Now, now, boys...
Icarus
Member # 3162

Did Patricia have surgery? [Confused]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.