FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon Hotel Info. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WenchCon Hotel Info.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what she sent me. We have until February 11th to make reservations. I'll be cancelling the rest of the block on that day, to avoid being charged for whatever rooms have not been spoken for, though last year even the last-minute people got the lower rate. Guess it depends on how full they get otherwise.

quote:

Group Contract
Wingate Inn Kennesaw
560 Greers Chapel Dr.
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Phone: 770-514-7344 / Fax: 770-514-1689
Email: sales@wingateinnkennesaw.com

GROUP NAME: Computer Companions CONTACT:
GROUP CODE: COMP EMAIL: oliviaf@bellsouth.net
PHONE: ADDRESS:
FAX: NA

ROOM BLOCK:
SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
DATE 3/13/05 3/11/05 3/12/05
ROOM
TYPES
6 N/S Dbls.
4 N/S Kings
Magnolia Rm. 6 N/S Dbls.
4 N/S Kings
Magnolia Rm. 6 N/S Dbls.
4 N/S Kings
Magnolia Rm.
RATES:
SINGLE DOUBLE TRIPLE QUAD MEETING ROOM
$69.00 $69.00 $69.00 $69.00 $25.00 per day
$35.00 per day for TV/VCR rental
The current applicable tax rate is 13%.
BILLING:
ROOM & TAX INCIDENTALS MEETING RM CATERING BAGGAGE
MASTER: NA NA Yes NA NA
INDIVIDUAL: Yes Yes NA NA NA
CREDIT CARD GTD. *Please provide Provided at time of reservations *Please provide NA NA
RESERVATION METHOD:
ROOMING LIST INDIVIDUAL CALL INS CANCEL/CUT OFF DATE
NA Yes-by cut off date Feb. 11, 2005

We ask that if there are any changes to be made please do so with the hotel representative below and before the cancel / cut off date above. We cannot guarantee where the rooms within your block will be located; we will always try to place your rooms close together.

I'm going to be depending on Jenny Gardener for the schedule of events, Ben for co-ordinationg music and AV stuff, and TMedina (if he still wants to) for keeping track of arrivals/departures and transportation. I hope Ophelia and Morbo will be willing to help out with some of the other stuff.

We'll have the meeting room for two days for only $50.00, so that should be really cheap to split if even five or ten people show up. All-in-all, I'm pleased. [Smile]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Computer Companions? Again?!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a wild hare to go, but probably shouldn't miss hubby's birthday.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

She used the contract from last year as a template. I can call her and have it switched, if you like.
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
well, I'm not going, so you may call yourselves computer companions.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
dude. i've got the A/V covered. try to see if you can get out of that $35 equipment rental.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
K.A.M.A. is the ultimate computer companion.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

so we were talking yesterday and were curious so we could get a new headcount. Who's coming to this thing?
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be coming, but I won't need the hotel.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I've told her we won't need the av cart. It was kinda sucky anyway- didn't even have a DVD player. Meh.

Head count is now up to ...

Four? Me, Ben, Ophelia and Megan.

Oh, probably Morbo and TMedina, too, right?

So far, wer're all locals.

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Technically, I'm not a local, but I do have local accommodations. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

jamie, nathan, you guys planning on attending?
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Jenny G made like she was coming, but I think she was hoping for another carpool type of thing.

Frisco, I got your email! If any other unaccompanied fellas are coming, would you share a room with Frisco? (ladies, please be nice - this isn't THAT sort of get-together, despite the name [Wink] )

Ben
Member # 6117

nuts. the only reason i was going was for the lovin', if that's not in the works, i may need to re-think my plans.
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody have a room with bedspace? I'm el cheapo here, and I want roommates and bedmates. However, bedmate must be female so my hubby doesn't get jealous. I'm not sure yet whether I'll fly or drive. Probably drive, since it's not as expensive. If I can get someone to split drive time with me, that would be wonderful. The Road Trip to the last WenchCon was the best!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
While the movies will take precedence in my events planning, is there anything else you don't want to miss?

I'm debating on how to squeeze 3 3-hour films into a short weekend. I know we want plenty of hang-out time, too, but it's going to be difficult. Any ideas, e-mail me or better yet post here for discussion.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be in with the whole driving thing, Jenny.

As for the rooms thing, I'm in favor of cheap rooms and don't mind sleeping on the floor [Smile] .

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to come - I do not currently have a roommate. Jenny, do you want to share? [Smile] Taalcon's on vacation right now, but I think he is planning on coming too. He could room with Frisco.

Events: Thousand ideas in an hour
Hatrack pictionary

[ January 11, 2005, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Lady Jane ]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
When is this happening?
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo!! There's a fare sale from DFW to Atlanta for the time around WenchCon for $188. What are the dates again? This is for real, right? Let me know so I can get it. [Smile]
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
pssst Kat: the dates are in the reservation info above [Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

The weekend of March 12th.

Jenny, maybe we could do an all-nighter with the movies?

Um, we should also plan some outing or other in costume, and maybe some CosPlay? I want an excuse to wear The Dress again...

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Ela and I are probably coming. My friend Tali (who posts here as Arya, though not very often) might also be coming with us. That means we'll have room for a fourth roommate, so if we end up coming, Jenny, you're welcome to share with us. [Smile]

~Jane~

[ January 11, 2005, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: JaneX ]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan and I are planning to come, though we've not yet reserved our room.

Would anyone be willing to split a room with us? Another couple, or even just one more person?

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben and I can share with you, Julie.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I''m also in the running for room-sharing, though I can't hog the Jenny-love. [Big Grin]
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, to rephrase JaneX's response about roommates, we need a roommate (or 2, if Arya doesn't come) due to money issues . [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds great, Ophelia! Thanks!
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Also, I should probably mention that I'd prefer there be no alcohol in the meeting room. It didn't occur to me to say that last year, so I had no right to complain when a certain under age hooligan was wandering around the lobby begging for a corkscrew...

But I don't want a repeat of the experience (though I don't expect it will be an issue this year).

Yeah, I'm a big ol' wet blanket. And kind of a beeyotch. [Big Grin]

Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Would it be ok if I came down for the day on Saturday (I live in Nashville)? Because of my school situation, that's about all I could make it for, but I'd really love to come. And I would, of course, pitch in monetarily as I realize that I would benefit from the meeting hall, food, etc.; it's more the time that's a problem right now than the money.

*I'm off to school now, so I'll look for the response when I get home tonight. [Smile]

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

That would be cool, Lucky.

Basically, I'm going to make sure that those who can't leave the hotel on Saturday have food, but everyone else is on their own. We'll probably order pizza or something, plus there are a couple good restaurants within walking distance. The meeting room is $25.00 a day for a total of $50.00, so ... if we only have ten people (I think we'll have more)the meeting room would be $5.00 per. Probably, meeting room expenses will be just a couple of dollars. It shouldn't be a big deal at all.

Ben
Member # 6117

bump
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized I was coming back from atlanta this time last year. [Frown]

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I was thinking about that, too.

Geez, we had a lot of fun the last two years! I miss everyone so much!

*sniffle*

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year at this time I didn't even fathom being married to Nathan.

Now I can't imagine it any other way.

...except right now he's picking something out of his teeth. Not so endearing. [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Interested parties please email me so I can get a ballpark figure. Thanks [Smile]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmmmm...
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Hmm... Looks like I'll have plenty of offers for room sharing. Maybe I'll sleep around... [Evil]

Fugu, I'd LOVE to share rides with you. That would be cool. Let's phone each other and talk details.

Olivia - an all-nighter with the movies sounds AWESOME! Any one else have opinions?

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I bringing fencing gear?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

FENCING! W00T!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*takes that as a yes*
JaneX
Member # 2026

For the record...I call Sam again. Just in case anyone had any doubt. [Razz]

~Jane~

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could come...

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I wish you could, too. [Frown]

I call Arwen. Nyah.

[ January 24, 2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Ben
Member # 6117

i'll be ben.
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I call anything that doesn't require a fake beard.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL]
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
$25 bucks is chump change for meeting space. We charge at least 75 for the Glendale room at my hotel.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Yeah, I know. It was the only hotel that would do that for us. The price for the same space to business group is $99 per day (which was what I paid for the one day of WenchCon one-- but we made use of it almost the whole time on Saturday, and they let us in Friday night for free).

Last year I got the room for two days and the media cart for one day, and it was still less than I paid for one day the first year. That's a big reason I went with the same hotel this time.

mackillian
Member # 586

And I love that hotel. For many reasons. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.