FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Medical People...

Author Topic: Hey Medical People...
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a slight problem. On Wednesday, I was playing in a hockey game. I guess I screamed too much, because now I can't talk. My throat is really sore and I have a fever. Any ideas what I should do? Should I see a doctor? I have been drinking lots and lots of water, because it soothes my throat some, but it always comes back in full force. Please help!

EDIT: oh yeah, and I also have a really bad cough

[ January 07, 2005, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
While you wait for thr medicos to check in, stir up some honey and lemon and swallow it. You can put it in tea or eat it straight.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Desdemona, just overuse of your throat shouldn't cause a fever. I'd have to ask a lot of questions to know more about what's going on.

Mostly, though, I'd go with dpr's suggestion and rest your voice. No whispering -- whispering is harder on the vocal cords than talking normally, even if it is faint and squeaky.

Might you have a cold? Do you have any cold symptoms? A sore throat could be secondary to post-nasal drainage, especially if it is worst in the morning. (The mucus kinda piles up in the back of the throat when you are lying flat, and it acts as a local irritant.)

Are you worried enough to go to a doctor, or are you not, or are you not sure?

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] Sara said to follow my advice [Party]
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a cold, but it left me a few days ago. I have overused my voice a couple of times before, but it hasn't lasted this long. I am wondering if it is normal to have something like this go on for a couple of days. My fever really isn't that bad- only 99 degrees F.

EDIT: and I have my tea right here... chamomile and lemon with honey [Big Grin]

[ January 07, 2005, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.