FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Calling European Hatrackers

Author Topic: Calling European Hatrackers
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
This year's Worldcon is in Glasgow, 4-8 August. There is a chance I might be going with my best friend and her boyfriend. How about a European Hatrack get-together?

Amira? Anna? Tristan? Choobak? Lissande & Tzadik? (that's all of us, no? too few [Frown] )

oops, and Jebus. sorry kid.

[ January 08, 2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
Scotland is high on my list of places to visit, and I'd love to meet some Hatrackers in person. My being able to go will however depend on a job I don't even have yet. It might not be possible to determine my attendance until fairly close to the event, which I suppose may make it difficult to secure accomodations. I am definitely interested though, provided I can force my life to co-operate.

[ January 08, 2005, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Tristan ]

Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

You could always sleep on the floor [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

Yeah, as long as I'd be able to get away from my as of yet non-existant job, I'm sure something can be arranged. [Smile]

I have no idea what the World-Con is, though. Some kind of fantasy-related event?

Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

http://www.interaction.worldcon.org.uk/
Tristan
Member # 1670

Heh, I've never heard of the guests of honour, not even the Swede. But such a minor detail would never stop me from attending. I'm sure they are very nice, if self-effacing, individuals. And the main attraction would be the Hatrackers, right?

[Smile]

Kama
Member # 3022

Yes.

I've read Sheckley, and I like him. I think Martin's going to be there, too.

[ January 08, 2005, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Kama
Member # 3022

*bump*
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Christopher Priest is going to be there? Wow, that's a definite swing in favour and I've never been to Scotland. So yes, I'd like to but practicalities may intervene.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Smile]
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but I probably won't be in France at this date [Frown]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish. That's certainly closer to Israel than Chicago was...

Too bad I'll be back in the states by then.

Hey Kama, what about Chicago?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Chicago is so last year [Razz]

(I don't think I could make it to the US this summer).

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Um... Jerusalem? [Wink]

(And it's not just me, either, Jonny's here too!)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I would sooo love to come, but I'll probably be in the middle of an internship right then... I'll try to negociate a holiday in that period, large enough so that I can get to an eventual Hatrack get-together and still have the time to go home for a couple of days.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, this may become possible for me, oddly. My Model EU class teacher has hooked me up with someone in the Berlitz Camps program in Germany, which would involve me getting paid to teach English to young'uns (and coincidentally get to travel all over Germany and the rest of Europe).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

O_o

FUGU!!!!

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My Model EU class teacher has hooked me up with someone in the Berlitz Camps program in Germany, which would involve me getting paid to teach English to young'uns (and coincidentally get to travel all over Germany and the rest of Europe).
I. Want. This. Job.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, email me at fugu13 AT mac DOT com and I'll give you the relevant contact info; just don't tell anyone where you got it [Wink] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the post. Well !

Why not ? I'll like to go to Glasgow and try to practice My English (with difficulty [Wink] ).
I must look if it's possible with my job. So i can't already say yes.
I can answer later i think. But if i go here, I'll prepare you my speciality : des crèpes ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Fox
Member # 1986

- posted      Profile for Black Fox   Email Black Fox         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to go, but I'll be honest I doubt that I'll have leave that time of year or even a 4 day weekend.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I'll meet you anyway.
warrand
Member # 7352

- posted      Profile for warrand   Email warrand         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm new on the forum.Thought I'd skip the newbie introduction. What do I see here...a romanian same age as me and a french guy who has the nick name of my french fiancee [Big Grin] (but is not [Big Grin] ).
Oh, well, couldn't we meet in France? Please?
So, hello to u all and..Glasgow may be but probably won't [Frown]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*bumping this post because I see someone new posted at the end, and we never said Hi!
[Wave] Hello new friend from Romania.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Oh, thanks Farmgirl! I haven't seen this either. Hi there, warrand! I guess you were referring to me when you talked about a Romanian, right?

Also, welcome to the forum! I hope there's more than just this one post. [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Bienvenue, Warrand!

Je crois que les francais commencent une invasion de Hatrack...

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

quote:
a french guy who has the nick name of my french fiancee
Please tell me you don't call your fiancee Choobak.... est-ce qu'elle a des longs cheveux?
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Very fun !!

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Actually, warrand's a girl and she probably meant to say "fiance"... Check the New Members Thread for more details. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.