FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Name That Movie!

Author Topic: Name That Movie!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so yesterday we got in a conversation at home about great movies that are satires/parodys, like Space Balls, and Galaxy Quest and Airplane and stuff like that.

And my boys went on and on about one movie they saw that was hilarious, but for the life of them, they can't remember the name (and I never saw it). They said something about in one scene there is a fight that spills into the water (river? lake? I don't know) anyway, but then they go underwater and there is a bar-room underwater and it because an entire bar-room brawl underwater with people crashing through windows, etc. just like in the old wild west movies.

Anyone help us with the name of this movie? They want to see it again.

(they recounted some other scenes, but I've forgotten them)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Top Secret?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't that the one where there was some device, something that ... hmmm ... wasn't so much useful as beautiful?

Now how did that go again?
[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks vwiggin! That sure sounds like it. I will have to ask them when I get home tonight. Maybe I can rent it at the video store.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome Farmgirl. [Smile]

You are in for a treat. I only saw that movie once, but it was comic genius!

quote:
Nick: Is this the potato farm?
Farmer: Yes, I'm Albert Potato.

Hillary: Who do you favor in the Virginia Slims tournament?

Blindman: In women's tennis, I always root against the heterosexual.

Nick (pointing to a coughing pony): What's wrong with him?

Wagon Driver: Oh, he caught a cold last week and he's just a little hoarse. [Eek!]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Plus, it has "Surf Shooting U.S.A."

Comic gold.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
(CT is very evilbad, bringing up the unspeakable mystery. Everyone, just let it lie. I don't want to have to think about it anymore. If you don't know what I am talking about, be happy.)

Top Secret is the movie that made me fall in love with Val Kilmer (Willow is the movie that made me fall OUT of love with Val Kilmer--Yuck!).

Gotta love a ducktail hairdo and swivly hips!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Willow made you fall out of love with val kilmer? Like, 4 of my college female friends wanted to have val kilmer's babies because of that movie. I still think its his best acting job, aside from Doc Holiday in Tombstone.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] I'm your huckleberry.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I am SO Val Kilmer's huckleberry.

Heh.

I think that I just hated "Willow" so much that it kind of spilled over onto Kilmer. *grin*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so in love with Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday. *swoons*
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
no wonder i had no clue what movie you all were talking about, since it came out the same year i was born. [Razz]
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Worst movie ever: "Kimberly."

Anyone? Oh, it was horrid! (I watched every second.)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
My brother gave me the DVD of Top Secret for my birthday. I hadn't seen it in years.

"Surf Shooting" alone is worth watching the movie for. [ROFL]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I just remember the Cow and Bull scene.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Another vote for Doc. My favorite line of his from the movie: "I got two guns. One for each of ya." (said, of course, while he's drunk)

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.