FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Endercon

Author Topic: Endercon
Michael Peterson
Member # 7254

- posted      Profile for Michael Peterson   Email Michael Peterson         Edit/Delete Post 
When and where is Endercon this year?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not aware that an Endercon is being planned.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Trisha is right. Endercon was a 25th anniversary event, I believe.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Peterson
Member # 7254

- posted      Profile for Michael Peterson   Email Michael Peterson         Edit/Delete Post 
my brother said that endercon was being held in Utah this year.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
:Looks at Amka's member #:
I'm going with Amka on this one.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe OSC said once that the next Endercon would definitely NOT be in Utah next time.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

Is your brother by any chance Wolfgang Peterson? :dons brass knuckles:
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat* Bad news. Your brother was misinformed (or pulling your leg).

Who is your brother?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Peterson
Member # 7254

no, my brother is a loyal fan named Chris Peterson*tells trisha the hottie to pull out bronze nuckles* but you can still punch him
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
trust me, as long as I am in Utah I will provide a cosmic magnetic repellant to OSC, so that he will never be here while I am going to school.

That said, there hasn't been an Endercon in, what, three years? It was just a one time deal.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

sm, if that's true, it's only because he hasn't tasted your walnuts. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
gosh... [Blushing]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Peterson
Member # 7254

[QUOTE] *pat pat* Bad news. Your brother was misinformed (or pulling your leg).

Who is your brother?
/QUOTE] I think he was mis informed, cause he doesn't usually pull my leg

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I want the recipe for those.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
*drools*
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Way easy.

cupa nuts
cupa sugar
cupa water
lots of cinnamon

heat it up till the water boils away, then keep cooking. The sugar will get all powdery for a while then turn brown and glossy.

rivka
Member # 4859

We're cooking this . . . on the stove? in the oven? microwave? And at what temperature/power level?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

stove. And probably medium heat.
rivka
Member # 4859

*takes notes*

Stirring the whole time?

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Stirring's really important once the water starts disappearing and it gets sticky before it goes away completely, or else one side will end up powdery white and the other will be burnt. Before then, you can be lazy. [Big Grin]

oh yeah, and use a wooden spoon.

[ January 10, 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Totally derailed thread.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

[Embarrassed] [ROFL] [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

*giggle* Yep. Now it's about something non-imaginary. [Wink]
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
sm, if that's true, it's only because he hasn't tasted your walnuts. [Big Grin]
I should say not. And I disapprove of such implied allegations, I'll have you know, young missy.

*eyebrows raised

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, there should be an Endercon this year. I just realized that it's the 20th aniversary of the publication of Ender's Game! (The novel, not the short story.)
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

Michael- did your brother say where he got the information? The "who is he" part was to see if we had heard of him.

Before the last Endercon I got regular emails from the Hatrack Webmaster. I would expect something like that to have preceded any planning.

rivka
Member # 4859

*laugh* How did I just know that Sara would find subtext in that post? [Evil]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually pre-paid for Endercon, but family responsibilities kept me about three miles away from Endercon. [Frown]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, EnderCon is taking place in March in... was it Atlanta? Talk to Olivia.

Or, if you happen to miss that one, why don't you try Iowa in April?

[Wink] [Wink]

::whispers:: but not really

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
OrneryCon happens in June in Dayton, Ohio. This will be the fourth year running.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

And my husband told me there wasn't very much sugar in those walnuts. [Mad] They did taste good.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Well, my recipe was a little modified. I had, maybe, two and a half cups of nuts and a cup and a half of sugar. You just play around for a while. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm. I love carmelized nuts. I have a recipe for a salad with carmelized almonds...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
If you can make it up to Wisconsin, a lot of us will pretend to throw a convention for you.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Embarrassed] I will be there!! With bells on!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean Wisconsin? Or a hypothetical EnderCon?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.