FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » DallasCon: Make your reservations, please! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: DallasCon: Make your reservations, please!
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be using the conference room with you and will have 5 kids from 1 to 10 years old... I thought you knew that [Smile]

but now it's official.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. I just want to have it all in one place. Official helps.

Now, the rest of you, get on this!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
up
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm coming. That Friday is the last day of school, so it will either be a very laid back, easy day and I'll get to leave early or it'll be crazy, stressful and hectic and I'll have to stay late.

I am not sure if I'll stay at the hotel. For the moment I think not, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

I'll be happy to help get people from the airport, if it's not during work. I live only 15 minutes from there.

Anything else? I'm happy to help if at all possible, but next week. This week- four papers to write [Big Grin]

(I must stop procrastinating!)

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm coming, I'm driving, and I'm probably bringing the three kids. Maybe my dad too.

I don't know if the budget will allow a hotel room or if I'll have to make it a day trip, though.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Boon, what price would make it reasonable for you to get to stay at least one night with us?
Boon
unregistered

Okay, seeing as it's a six hour drive, maybe we'll just have to see how much we can make the budget squeak. Is most everyone coming for Friday night-Saturday...or what?

Right now, my budget for the trip is at $150. I'll be able to get down there and back for about $50 of that.

The trip will cost less for food and lodging if I can convince my dad to come up here and stay with the kids. The problem with that is that my husband probably won't agree to me coming down there alone. He's fine if he or my dad are with me, but he worries otherwise.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Could FG and her troop pick you up?
Boon
unregistered

If it's just me? Yes! If it's all of us, well...not sure she'd have room. There's a gaggle of us.

Well, that's IF she's driving down 75, anyway.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The most important stuff is happening Saturday night after dark, so as not to interfere with anyone's Sabbath. (Note to self: find out what time "dark" will be, approximately.)

There will be hanging out going on Friday and Sunday as well, but not as awesome. Monday I will be around, but some people will have to be leaving by then.

Boon
unregistered

Well...I could bring an air mattress and camp out on somebody's floor. Or a hall. Or maybe the parking lot. [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Boon, if it's just you, you can have space in my room. (I really want to meet you, and I've been deprived twice now!) If it's you and the kids . . . well, this will be my time away from my kids, and I wasn't planning on sharing a room with someone else's kids. Sorry.

Full dark . . . let's see, Hebcal calculates that to be about 9:15. Yep, almost summer, so that makes sense.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Is the conference room stuff going to be the Saturday night after dark thing? because I am scheduled to play that night so I won't be there for that...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Jim-me, the conference room is our "hang out spot" for the whole time, so I need the maximum possible body count to make sure we're not going to be breaking any fire codes. [Smile]

Boon, I think the baby will be sleeping at home, but if we move, she'll be with me, unless she's weaned completely by then (I doubt it, but it may happen). If she's not with me, or if she is and your kids aren't, or if you don't mind or whatever, I'll share a room with you if necessary (or with you and your kids). Or we'll work something out. Don't worry, if you want to come, we'll make it happen. Hatrack is good about things like that, right, guys?

[ April 07, 2005, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will be using the conference room with you and will have 5 kids from 1 to 10 years old (Jim-Me)
quote:
I'm probably bringing the three kids. (Boon)
Sounds like my teens can get a chance to practice their babysitting skills here - so these parents can have a little breathing time to visit (shh... don't tell them that yet).

I can't pick up Boon unless I rent a vehicle, which I can't see me doing at this point. We barely all fit in my pickup the way it is. Not that I don't wish I could, because I do wish I could..

Farmgirl

[ April 07, 2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
because I am scheduled to play that night
play? Play what?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

my band is playing at a gin-u-wine Texas Honky Tonk called the Neon Cowboy... it's even frequented by a (legitimate) biker gang (the Black Sheep, I think). A pretty decent club, really, though the women get a little frisky on the dance floor so stay at home if you are easily offended by risque moves. [Smile]

We play recent country and classic rock with a little Matchbox 20 and Semisonic thrown in to keep me from getting completely bored [Wink]

Be forewarned, if you come watch us play, you will not only hear me sing, but you will hear me perform "hick hop" country rap. [Angst]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

... but....but... if you are playing, then you can't dance with me!

(band groupie)

Farmgirl

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

I have a wireless unit and frequently dance with the patrons while playing... there's just a limit on how close we can get because the bass is in the way. [Wink]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

:: bites tongue really hard to keep from saying something snarky :: [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I still need answers, please.
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
I will most likely be there with hubby in tow. Count two more.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Yay! Fishtail! (you have been here longer than me, but post less, so I have no idea who you are, but the more, the merrier!)

Farmgirl

CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
While I still really wish I could come, it's looking highly unlikely financially, considering I only have one week from my brother's graduation to DallasCon in which I could earn enough $ to attend the con.

Sorry guys. If anything changes, I'll let you know. [Frown]

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Fishtail, will you be driving or flying?
Fishtail
Member # 3900

Both. We'll be flying in and renting a car, as I'll only be sociable for part of the time. And we'll be going to see Jim-Me play.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

So, if you're renting a car, you won't need transportation from the airport?
rivka
Member # 4859

*bumpity*

Which "likelies" still haven't checked in?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, who's not spilled their guts? I think there are still a few...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I know there's at least one person who has not answered. Please do so now.
Boon
unregistered

Okay, Daddy says he'll come up here for the weekend and stay with the kids. So I get a weekend away! WooHOOOO!!!

Now I'll let y'all fight over whose floor I'm crashing on. I feel sorry in advance for whomever has to take me in.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yay! So it's just you, right? And you want to share. And you're... driving?
rivka
Member # 4859

Boon, I dibs'd ya first! We can be two temporarily-childless crazy women! [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Angst] [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

Aren't we still waiting to hear from some people?

And the important questions: is this definite enough that I should buy a ticket? and if so, is it better if I come in at 6am-ish or 11am-ish (I think those were the options)?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, in the next week, I will be working even harder on finding a place. (Not that I haven't been working on it, but Emma's party is this Sat.-- and I haven't gotten all the responses for that yet, either *sigh*-- so I'll be less preoccupied with other matters.) So yes, I still need to know a pretty good estimate of a number to tell the hotel. When I manage to find us a place, which I imagine will be within the next week, I would advise anyone flying to start looking for tickets. [Smile]
Fishtail
Member # 3900

I will be completely self-sufficient, as I've now received info that makes it imperative that I go to Scarborough Faire at some point during the weekend.
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I will see what I can do about coming. I'd share a room with someone, and come alone.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

I'm totally, definitely coming, even if no one else does. But, since I'm camping on your floor, rivka, I'm hoping you're definitely coming too. Otherwise, I'll be camping in the parking lot! [Angst]

I can do airport duty, anytime. Just tell me when and on what day I'll need to be in town. For clarification, this is Saturday the 28th - Sunday the 29th...or when?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Fri. night, the 27th, through... Mon. the 30th? I don't know who will be around then. I'm still working on a schedule. We'll get to that after I figure out a hotel.
rivka
Member # 4859

I'll be coming in some time Friday -- no later than midday. When being delayed a few hours can mean getting stuck in an airport for Shabbos, one really does one's best NOT to travel Friday afternoon.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes, rivka will be there earlier. And I'll probably be hanging around the hotel with her. [Smile] But I'm sure people will get in at a wide variety of times and some maybe even Sat. morning, and some have to leave earlier than others. Anyone who wishes is free to post when they intend to travel, to aid in plan-making.
Boon
unregistered

Okay, then I'll plan to get up early Friday morning for the drive. That'll put me in Dallas around 11 or noon.

From my mapping software, I see that DFW is northwest of Dallas proper. I'll have at least 3 empty seats in the car for anyone needing a ride anywhere I'm going, and I'm willing to pick rivka or anyone else who needs a ride from the airport. Now all we need is a hotel...is there anything I can do to help on that?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I have a spreadsheet going and stuff, I just need to keep calling places. If I need input on a decision, I will post a request for input here. Thank you for your offers of help, I'm really looking forward to meeting you!
rivka
Member # 4859

*cough*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Sorry... It will get done in the next few days, I swear on the ashes of my dead cat.
rivka
Member # 4859

O_O No need for that!

I just figured better I nudge you on this issue than the other . . . [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, if I don't keep my promise, I'm sending you the bill when my dead cat's ashes rise up and fly across the country to ruin my apartment. :-|

[ April 18, 2005, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Hey! How is that fair?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You pushed me and I promised.

I'm a crazy stalker lady. Are you sure you want to come out and see me? [Razz]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.