FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Map (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack Map
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Does the Jatraquero map still exist? If so, has it been updated in anything like recent history?
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Draetakenna
Member # 4609

- posted      Profile for Draetakenna   Email Draetakenna         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but someone ought to do us a new one. They both were so cool!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice nic Anne Kate! [Smile] Your name backwards actually looks like something cool! Mine is too long : Retseikennaejylicec

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
mph and beverly's sunbeam was telling everyone their full name on sunday, then ask what your full name is. Mine has 7 syllables. The sunbeam simply said "oh".

We also had 3 people in the room with the same birthday. We determined it was due to father's day in June.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hey hey - no derailments.... I want a Jatraquero map and I want it.... sometime. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've got a seven syllable full name as well. So, is there any way to get the map going again? Perhaps one of our programmers can write something that allows us to record our locations.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Draetakenna
Member # 4609

- posted      Profile for Draetakenna   Email Draetakenna         Edit/Delete Post 
Slashy's the one who came up with it. He asked me if he could name an NPC in one of his RPGs that, and sort of based her loosely on me (she was this chaotic evil assassin lady [Evil] ). Then I adopted the name for my dragon persona.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We also had 3 people in the room with the same birthday. We determined it was due to father's day in June.
[ROFL] My husband and his brother and sister (all the children of my mother-in-law's first marriage) all have birthdays within a few weeks of each other...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Full name as in first name only? All names? First and last?

My full name (as in first, middle and last) has 8 syllables.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

<---Is one of those three. I'm so cool!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Full name - mine is 13 syllables. But mine is wussy compared to hubby at 15. [ROFL]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me do some hunting. I'll have to pull it up.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Okay, I was able to hunt down the old index.html file for this thing.

Here it is.

Please remember that there is a maximum of either 25 or 50 pins (I can't remember which.) Some of these were posted a long time ago and some of the older members would probably like to read some of the posts. If you post a new pin, an old one will disappear. So, why don't we leave them alone for a while, eh?

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome. Can we get it to a point where it can be updated?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Your last name is Keister?

Oh man.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

Maybe we can run multiple instances of the map, divide it up into east coast, west coast, Europe and rest of world?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Well, we could have more if I paid for it (which I don't really want to do), or some more web-oriented people could reverse engineer it and I could host it.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
So why is there a pin in the middle of the Pacific Ocean?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Either Oceanus is more than a myth, or somebody thought they were funny. I'm leaning toward the latter.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, I posted on. It might be good to retitle the thread "Do not touch".
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh. Ditto. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, this might be out of line, and sound newby ish, but is there anyway the really old posters, taht haven't been here in way more than a year could be removed, to make room for others, or would it just take off whoever was on the map first. I don't mean this to get my name on the map, theres already a dot close enough. Just curiosity.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been here! Don't delete me!
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Please remember that there is a maximum of either 25 or 50 pins (I can't remember which.) Some of these were posted a long time ago and some of the older members would probably like to read some of the posts. If you post a new pin, an old one will disappear. So, why don't we leave them alone for a while, eh?
This could totally turn into a game of "Who stole my pin?!" or "I exist and you don't." [Taunt] j/k [Big Grin]
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
There were only 20 on the world one, so I added myself... admittedly I did so before reading the rest of the thread, so I hope I haven't knocked anyone off.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
deleteme
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite local restaurant is Hooter's, celia?

How . . . oddly unsurprising.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

All my in-laws kids are born 9 months after father's day or valentines day, which coincides with FIL's birthday.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
They have sweet tea.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
My pin is gone. [Cry]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*pats* You can have mine. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww, thanks! [Kiss]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

So put up another one [Dont Know]
I put one because there wasn't one in Utah. And I didn't read the whole post before I clicked. Troub or Primal can put the "don't Touch" in a place where it would be effective.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure I used to be on there too. I found my island status very satisfying.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

quote:
Your last name is Keister?

Oh man.

Yes and I get to marry someone someday and push it to middle name status. [Big Grin]

Unfortunately, right now, my students have to call me Miss Kiester. I only got a few snickers at first when I told them my name and now they don't even comment on it. I'm also really NOT sensitive about it, so I guess they realized it wasn't fun to tease me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

Just don't marry- don't even date- anyone with the last name Feaster.
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Smile] Ok. I won't.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Sorry, I stopped paying attention to this thread.

Obviously, if anyone wanted to view their old pins, they would have. Feel free to post where you like.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Accidently posted but deleted. [Smile]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Apparently, the limit is 100. Coolness.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm. My pin is gone too! In fact, all the Floridian pins are!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Why isn't it letting me post a pin?
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

No idea.

So, I can't login to the stupid thing. I can get into the World GuestMap, but not the admin for the US GuestMap. So, consequently, the message that's up there will stay up there (despite the fact that I'd really like to change it), and I cannot delete posts from people I don't really like. Yes, I'm like that.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It let me post in the world noe, but not in the US one. Oh well....

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I'm here again!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I added all the bloomington people to one pin of the US map earlier today. (oops if I missed anyone)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I added me!

My state capitol pwns your state capitol! [Razz]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
I posted, 'cause I just know all of you were on the edge of your seats waiting for me to.

*cough*

Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I combined Fahim and I onto one pin. Conservation and all that. Woohoo!!!!!!! [The Wave]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
not that I'm all that important, but I placed a pin for myself in Ohio...
[Blushing]

Nicole

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.