FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I have to say, George W. Bush is pretty ballsy...

Author Topic: I have to say, George W. Bush is pretty ballsy...
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
...to throw eleven full-on balls on inauguration day! That's a lot of balls. But it leaves me wondering... who's the odd man out? The one-balled man?

*ponders*

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe there's a 3-balled man walking around.

You never know.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a foot ball?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Which would leave one guy with none. [Frown]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
You only *need* one, don't you?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't there some Niven story where the protagonist had three balls?
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know if he's going to be able to attend them all. I mean, are they all in the White House, and is he going to be changing ties as he runs to and fro?

I would also hate to live in DC right now. I mean, footing the bill and not getting to go?! I don't THINK so.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Only if he spills dip on his tie.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is there a foot ball?
No, but last night there was a boots ball. Close enough?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"footing the bill"

or the ball?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Only if he spills dip on his tie."

He already has dip on his tie. Oh, wait. I mean, there is already a tie on the dip.

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"footing the bill"

Nah. That's what all those corporate sponsors are for. They pay for the balls, so they should get some use out of them.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Taken out of context, Kayla, well, I'll just end there. I need to Sara-fy myself before I get into trouble.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
who's the odd man out? The one-balled man?
Was Lance Armstrong invited?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

quote:
He already has dip on his tie. Oh, wait. I mean, there is already a tie on the dip.
[ROFL]
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would also hate to live in DC right now. I mean, footing the bill and not getting to go?! I don't THINK so.
My mother is visiting my sister and myself this weekend specifically to get away from the inauguration. You can't even walk around the streets near my house - some of them are blocked off with Jersey barriers. Fun.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, something like $20million of extra security spending is coming out of the DC city budget
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I enjoy this thread.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Was Lance Armstrong invited?
[ROFL] Of course, my own personal opinion is that even with just one, Lance has more than George Bush will ever have. Just on the evidence of what Lance goes through riding in the Tour de France, you understand. [Smile]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You only *need* one, don't you?
Hey, look, a woman talking!
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.