FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wierdest wrong number call ever (I HATE)

Author Topic: Wierdest wrong number call ever (I HATE)
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I Hate bill collectors.

I Hate participating in this whole socioeconomic system.

I want to rob a bank.

[ February 16, 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(((hugs)))

Can I get in on this? I hate Budget Suites because we always get their calls. At 3 in the morning. And sometimes people don't even say "Sorry, wrong number."

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Sympathy ((((hugs)))) all around. I'll join in too.

I Hate being yelled at for trying to be nice.

I Hate being expected to do everything, and do it perfectly.

I Hate other people's excuses

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
One of our phone numbers is apparently easily misdialed instead of an alarm company. That has resulted in some middle of the night calls.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the American healthcare system.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Once I called back someone who had called and awakened our 4 month old. He was apparently on the other line at that point, so I got voicemail, but I let him hear an earful about what I thought of people who called people by mistake at 2:30 in the morning, waited until they picked up, and then hung up without so much as an "I'm sorry, I have the wrong number." With the baby crying in the background.

The next time he did it (I recognized the name and number on our caller ID), he apologized. [Big Grin]

I have also changed our voicemail message to say "If you are calling for Budget Suites of America, please hang up and dial..."

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that Annie beat me to that one.

I still don't hate my mom.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, we have the same problem. Our phone number is close to Qwest's external vmail phone number. Our phone number is close to Northwest Eye Clinic's phone number. Our phone number is close to Highland Community Health's phone number. The Qwest vmail and Highland numbers generate middle of the night misdials. Oh, and then there was the time that Highland actually did put our phone number (instead of their own) on one of the fliers. We got calls for weeks. It's kinda comical now.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
My old phone number was similar to Red Magic Carpet Cleaning Services' phone number. We'd get their calls all the time-we even figured out when they went out of business. They had a huge sale and then the calls just stopped coming. They didn't advertise on tv anymore, either.

Would it just be evil of me to cheer?

Southwestern Bell really is bad about assigning multiple numbers to businesses and home addresses around here, though. It happens all the time.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
In college a close friend of mine had a number that was one digit off from the local cab company's. As you might imagine, that got old fairly quickly.

[ January 20, 2005, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
A bunch of people keep on calling for "Andrew." There is no Andrew here. Stop calling for Andrew! [Mad] [Wall Bash]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE group projects in schools.

That is all.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Oh, me too! Me too!

BTW, whatever happened with that fake Mr. Funny?

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] Don't rob a bank! Or you'll end up like these people in this movie I just watched.
That was just so sad...
I hate my job, politics, politicians and bad television shows.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Was it Bonnie and Clyde? Or Bandits? Or Point Break?
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Set it off. It was hyper sad... [Frown]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate Charter cable. Not all of it, as the 24-hour phone service people have been nice and helpful, but the Athens office . . . they make me want to hit things with hammers. Particularly one lady's head.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate lack of support, and people not caring. Even more I HATE people pretending to care, and abandoning me. iow I HATE people.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Rav, you okay? You have my number, call me. Unfortunately, I'm at school right now and my phone is dead, but I'll be home later tonight.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

Yeah, this has nothing to do with what is currently going on, but still how I feel about January.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

Like I still feel kind of abandoned by my dad, and I remember lots of people 'acting' like they cared when my dad died, and things like that. I wish they would have just let me be other than 'try' to do the right thing, and let the people that could do the right thing just do it.

This is a skewed view on things that happend long ago that I still haven't dealt with completely (or know if I ever will) but is the basis for why I am skeptical of people and it generally takes me quite a while to build up trust with anyone.

mothertree
Member # 4999

Rav, I do hope you are feeling better. I always went the route of not trusting people to begin with.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid, our phone number was the same (except for area code) as a nearby snowplow service. Or maybe I should say lack-of-service... we routinely got calls in the middle of the night after a heavy snow from angry clients wanting to know where the <bleep> the crews were 12 hours later. Don't remember what my parents did about it, only that the calls stopped VERY abruptly.

Now my ex-mother-in-law is apparently giving out my telephone number as a reference of some sort without my permission, as I have begun to get collection agencies calling here looking for her. I've had a couple rather nasty conversations with agents who refuse to take my number out of their records until I provide them with an alternate or who claim that I'm the MIL and I'm lying to them to avoid paying the bills.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pseudo-hobbit
Member # 7269

- posted      Profile for pseudo-hobbit   Email pseudo-hobbit         Edit/Delete Post 
The phone number at my mom's was apparently only a couple digits off from a local pizza place. So that was fun.

The real problem, though, was our address. We had the same four-digit street address as two other places within a couple miles of us: the school district office and a water pump in the middle of a city park. [Confused] We got a lot of mail forwarded to us a couple weeks late by the district office. If the pump ever got our mail, it must have kept it.

Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The phone number at my mom's was apparently only a couple digits off from a local pizza place. So that was fun.
Our number is one digit off that of a pizza place. We have told the pizza place this, and I think it helps get us better treatment when we eat there, because they know that if they piss us off, we could have lots of fun with customers who misdial. [Evil]
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate hospitals.

I hate worrying.

I hate the unknown.

I hate how unfair life is.

I hate the struggle.

I hate the anger in me.

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate our ergonomically-challenged couch.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I still hate the American healthcare system.

I really need dental work but have no way to pay for it. I guess having healthy teeth is a luxury you deserve when you've "worked hard" enough to afford it.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
:: can't think of anything at all that she hates ::
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that I can only focus on one thing at a time, which means I do very well in one area while the rest of life goes to pieces. When I move to work on the other things, what was previously going well falls apart.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pseudo-hobbit
Member # 7269

- posted      Profile for pseudo-hobbit   Email pseudo-hobbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that the phone number listed on my credit union's monthly statements takes me to the customer service line of a janitorial supply company. Operators there sure are understanding, though.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I hate that my husband's job keeps him away from me so much. [Frown]
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
((kq))

I'll bet he misses you.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
ketchupqueen - I feel for you. [Frown]

I HATE my husband's job - the hours/days he works, the way he is treated, the way it makes him feel, the things he (and I) miss out on because of it, the stresses it has put on us as individuals and us as a couple....

[ February 07, 2005, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate realizing that during 2004, Uncle Sam enjoyed an interest-free loan of $6000 at my expense.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.