FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Had Hatrack Been Annihilated

Author Topic: Had Hatrack Been Annihilated
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
What were to happen to you, were Hatrack's server to suddenly catch fire, burn down and consequently this website would rest in peace?

Think about it... People say that you should grip on, hold on tightly to something; but if you hold on too tight, will you suffer greatly once that firm seat of yours starts rocking, or vanishes?

JH

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it's happened before, before my time... lots of IMing, IIRC.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd start learning how to live on fried cockroach.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
And suppose you didn't have all of the important Hatrackers' IMs, IRCs, e-mails etc. - contact would've been lost forever (statistically).
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
And my cell phone suddenly explodes and a few students on this campus get vaporized?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack will never fall!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
And my cell phone suddenly explodes and a few students on this campus get vaporized?
A lesser chance.

quote:
Hatrack will never fall!
Can you confirm that?
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I might live off of the QBnews programming forums for a little bit...

And then we'd all probably head over to someone else's forums (GreNME, sakeriver.. if I'm spelling those right) [Big Grin]

Seriously, though-- I think that the only way to cut off all contact between all hatrackers is tear down the entire internet, as well as all phone lines [ROFL] At which point, I will have to eat fried cockroach like Annie.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Or go to sleep, sleep, sleep and sleep.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You take that back! Annie's no fried cockroach!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
*wiggles her legs and antennae*
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If this happens, celia, I want video. VIDEO.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
um, ok.

on a completely unrelated note, hobbes, can you come to my office and help with this demo video we're making?

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And then we'd all probably head over to someone else's forums (GreNME, sakeriver.. if I'm spelling those right)
I think I'd need to be making considerably more money to be able to afford that kind of bandwidth.

Anyone feel like donating to the Sakeriver Hatrack Apocalypse Contingency Fund?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, if you wanted us to give you some money to buy a sandwich, you could just ask.

For Pete's sake.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
celia, when I visited purdue, one of the people I was with was talking about getting a patent for vaporizing cell phones (meltingsnowman). sorry for the off topic, it just was funny.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.